Req wish we could copy/paste into dialogue boxes
I'm using linux mint 19, latest kodi stable, default skin estuary. But his has been bugging me on other skins, linux OS's, and older kodi versions. When one opens a dialogue box in Kodi such as in the file manager to add a path or any addon configuration dialogue box, search box etc it seems one cannot paste into it using right mouse click or hot keys (ctrl V, ctrl shift V, etc). I have never used kodi on any non linux OS so I don't know about that

Request: Please add copy/past functionality by the normal means that most if not all other programs do. Would be very useful

Thanks
Kodi is a media centre first and foremost.
Not a problem using Windows fwiw.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
moved to feature requests
That was random. How does that address my question/request?
Media center, right,I didn't know that... How does that address my question/request?
As Kodi is media centre then there is little to no point in having copy/paste in its dialogue boxes.

If it was added it would only be useful for one platform, and Kodi is platform agnostic.
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
Paste from OS is implemented on Linux/Wayland and other platforms, not sure about Linux/X11 though
But it doesn't work in things like Libreelec or other embedded/JeOS solutions of Kodi.

The only issue really is when you are typing URL's into the dialogue box within the file manager, other than that I personally cannot see why you need copy/paste in a media centre solution.

If I'm wanting to add a third party repo into my instances, I always download the zip file I need, add it to a local shared folder then install via zip.

Much cleaner, much easier, and negates the need to typing/copy-pasting URLs into File Manger.
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
I understand this is a workaround but I use it all the time. I use this in windows but I'm sure there must be a Linux alternative available. I use a very robust macro program, I created a macro that simulates keystroke entry from the clipboard. I copy my stupid long passwords and anything else I want to paste by activating that macro in my case SHFT>CTLR>T (for type). Before a get flamed by everyone for telling me I'm lazy just keep in mind I have dyslexia and I simply got tired of retyping long URL's or anything many take for granted. Works great I do wish there was some sort of menu option that could be used on android, FireTv, or other platforms. The main issue is this would need to be cross-app approach such as copy from a web browser and past into Kodi, there may be security protocols in Android that prevent this. I am not a programmer and not presenting myself as any kind of expert. I just wanted to share my workaround.  

Regards
Nunyafb Izness

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wish we could copy/paste into dialogue boxes0