Android Shield TV remote.xml harmony hub
Hi There,

I have a Shield TV 2015 and a Harmony Hub companion remote and installed the Kodi app from google play store 17.6.

I followed the guide on Logitech so the device for the logitech hub is a Windows media player.
A few buttons are not mapped on my companion remote in the Full Screen video playing section.

I would like to map the red,green,yellow and blue buttons to certain activities.
The Logitech Microsoft Media Player Device has some free items which can be assigned to the button.
For instance Ctrl+t,Ctrl+ALT+1,Ctrl+Alt+2,Ctrl+Alt+3,Win+0,Win+1,Win+2,Win+3,Win+4 etc I tried several of them.
I have tried the Keymap Editor addon but it can't seem to handle  short and longpress from the remote.  

However when I downloaded the keyboard.xml and placed it in /userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml and added the following at the end in the FullscreenVideo section 
      <d>Notification(Keypress, You pressed d, 5)</d>
      <1 mod="ctrl,alt">ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch)</1>
      <2 mod="ctrl,alt">ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch)</2>
      <3 mod="ctrl,alt">ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch)</3>
     <t>Notification(This is T, You pressed T, 5)</t>
      <1 mod="win">ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch)</1>
      <2 mod="Win">ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch)</2>
      <3 mod="win">ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch)</3>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>

None of these mappings seems to work...
As you can see  I tried to see if the keypress appeared on screen but that didn't work either.
What is the best way on Android TV to see what's going on with the keys?
I have placed my logs here https://paste.kodi.tv/ijeduqeqar.kodi

I noticed the following 
383 23:58:05.733 T:172825838832 ERROR: Error loading keymap: special://masterprofile/keymaps/keyboard.xml, Line 393
384 Error reading end tag.
385 23:58:05.734 T:172825838832 INFO: Loading special://profile/keymaps/keyboard.xml 23:58:05.739 T:172825838832
386 ERROR: Error loading keymap: special://profile/keymaps/keyboard.xml, Line 393

I hope that somebody can point me in the right direction...
As you can see that I have been reading a lot...

https://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls#See_also
https://kodi.wiki/view/Window_IDs
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xbmc/x...yboard.xml
https://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls...d_controls
While there are several threads on doing what you ask, below are my personal notes, on how to get the Harmony Hub to work with Shield TV (the below will have all the colored buttons you were looking for as well)...

⦁    Harmony Smart Remote? To use the Harmony Smart (or Elite) remote, requires a 2 device setup within the Harmony Software (works on the Phone, but not within the Windows software). 

- First you will add the Shield TV as a Device. From the Harmony App on the Phone, Edit Activities. Add entertainment device. Choose Nvidia, then Shield (and will be listed as a Nvidia Game Console). 

- Then you will add a MS Windows PC. From the Harmony App on the Phone, Add device, Add Computer (Windows). You should then rename it to Windows bluetooth keyboard – so it’s easy to identify what it really is used for in your Harmony setup). 

- In the Shield TV, go to SettingsRemote & Accessories and Add the Harmony Bluetooth Keyboard.

- To change What Buttons on the Remote Do. On your Phone with the Harmony software, go to Edit Activities, and select Shield TV. Then click Customize Remotes.

⦁    In Kodi, go to Settings, Add-Ons, Program Add-on’s, and scroll down to the Keymap Editor program. you will need to install the “Keymap Editor” Add-On. 
This will make the Info button on the remote actually open the Info screen within Kodi.  You need to…
- In Kodi, launch the Keymap Editor program and select EditVideosNavigationShow Info, then add the info button (as seen in the chart, this would be the Movies button you setup in the Harmony App on the phone.

⦁    In the Keymap editor did you assign it under Fullscreen Video > Subtitle > Show Subtitles?
For codec info, go to Fullscreen video > Other > Show codec info, program whichever button you want.

But where in the Keymap Editor, do I make the Guilde Button, take me to the Nvidia Home Screen?
You don't do that in Keymap Editor. You just assign the Guide button as HOME (device Shield TV) in the Harmony app and it will be used to go back to Lean-back Launcher (the default Shield Start Screen). You shouldn’t have to do anything else.
@Powerhouse

Thanks for answering so fast, maybe I should clarify that configuring the remote be it on the hub isn't that of a problem.
I added the line in the original post that I tried the keymap editor addon
It's just that there are some unused buttons in the official Logitech way of adding the remote.

I tried first with the keymap editor which is a nice addon but it seems it can't handle short press and long press from the remote.
I just can't wrap my head around the fact that adding or changing behaviour from certain actions in the /userdata/keymaps/remote.xml doesn't seems to have any effect.

Which is the device you use to control the Kodi in the Harmony Hub setup? Is there a so called device keyboard that has more keys mapped as their solution.

kind regards
Guy Forssman
Don't stick with what you implemented (remove it all), and follow the steps I posted. That will get you everything (and work via the Shield TV Blutooth and not IR).

Following my steps above, will allow you to change the Short Keypress and Long Keypress, without issues. Pay attention to the last line of my post above..."You don't do that in Keymap Editor. You just assign the Guide button as HOME (device Shield TV) in the Harmony app and it will be used to go back to Lean-back Launcher (the default Shield Start Screen). You shouldn’t have to do anything else." Short and Long press are both done in the device Shield TV in the Harmony app.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shield TV remote.xml harmony hub0