Looking for Media player with working CEC control
Basically the Linux based OS's - OSMC, LibreELEC and CoreELEC will give you Kodi user configurable HDMI-CEC control.
They include a Linux community coded - Pulse8 libCEC library that gives you all sorts of user configurable CEC options.

If you want want 4K HDR look at the AMLogic S905D or S912 devices, because they have Gigabit Ethernet.

You are correct, Plug n Play = Vero4K+
DIY = MINIX U9 running LibreELEC or CoreELEC.

Both will give you what you want.

Both devices control my AVR's volume using their respective Wireless remotes via HDMI CEC.
In fact that is preferred because Kodi control is snappier that way vs using the TV remote and controlling Kodi via CEC.

The U9 can also turn OFF / ON both my Yamaha AVR and TV using HDMI CEC control.
I find the MINIX A2 lite Wireless keyboard remote real handy for long term Kodi use simply because you get to learn and use Kodi keyboard shortcuts.
That remote will plug into anything.

The newer MINIX A3 lite remote had mini wake up from (battery saving) sleep issues just after you pick it up. Most users prefer the A2 lite that had no such issues.

The Vero 4K+ has no power OFF / ON only a standby mode.

No media player on the market can playback dual layer 4K DolbyVision Bluray Rips, even the Apple TV 4K. That is all proprietary Dolby tech.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for Media player with working CEC control - by wrxtasy - 2019-01-06, 03:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for Media player with working CEC control0