Looking for Media player with working CEC control
Beware AMLogic devices and CEC though - almost all of them (apart from the ODroid C2 and Vero 4/4K possibly) - have a major issue with CEC that causes them to 'jam' CEC control for all other devices connected to a TV and/or AVR, which also stops ARC working (as it uses CEC to negotiate I believe)  

Even when 'shutdown', but powered, they still stop other devices correctly using CEC, and thus stop them controlling volume, switching TVs over to 'their' HDMI input, and stop TVs sending ARC audio to AVRs.  This is a very real problem in every day usage.  The only solution is to physically remove the power connection or HDMI connection from the device.

The Minix U9H has this issue, as has every no-name AMLogic device I've used, and it's very annoying - particularly as the Minix U9H has well implemented remote control power on and off functionality (allowing you to power it up from 'shutdown' via the remote control).  Even when 'off' the Minix U9H stops other devices properly using CEC.    

In this case my Sky HD box, Apple TV 4K, nVidia Shield TV, and UHD Blu-ray player can no longer switch my TV over to their HDMI inputs, and my Sony TV won't send ARC audio from it's internal tuner, smart TV apps, or other directly connected HDMI sources (like the Sky box) to my AVR, with Minix U9H connected to a power supply/HDMI.

Apparently this is a well known AMLogic uBoot issue?  ISTR that the C2 has a different uBoot which doesn't do it. I can't remember if the Vero 4K has the same issues. (I'll test and report back)

Raspberry Pis don't do it and Pulse8 USB-connected HDMI CEC inserters don't do it.  Neither does any other CEC device I have (Apple TV 4K, nVidia Shield TV, Fire TV etc.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for Media player with working CEC control - by noggin - 2019-01-06, 11:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for Media player with working CEC control0