• 9(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
blittan Wrote:maybe now that things are getting more stable, you should look into adding tv-shows to the program also Smile

Just what I was thinking. hotzenpl0tz has informed me his problem has been sorted so lacking other feedback I am assuming that the program is running fairly stable now.
One thing I have noticed with this program (and its a great one at that) is when I have a movie that doesn't have any poster art for it (say Bob and Doug's 24 Anniversary), the program picks a thumb that doesnt match instead of leaving it blank.

Not sure if anyone else ran into this yet...

Besides this I love this program Smile
I keep all of my dvds in video_ts format. Am I correct in assuming that there is no way to make this work since it is only for movies in a single file?
This is a great proggie - thx for your efforts billyad2000. Found it today (been using your XBMC-DB prog) but didn't know this existed until I read a lucky post. Been using it all afternoon. Way cool! Smile

I wonder if you would consider a suggestion? I like to modify all my nfo's for consistency, alterations to incorrect grammar, spelling mistakes etc, etc. (really what your programme is for). What would be nice is for a (Checkbox?) to be available so once the nfo is perfect it could be checked so that the file is marked as complete (locked?). You could make the moviename text in the LHS panel change to "bold" to show that is was complete. Then any new movies added later would clearly stand out (not being bold). I don't know anything about progamming or if this is possible. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Again thx.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
rtwight Wrote:One thing I have noticed with this program (and its a great one at that) is when I have a movie that doesn't have any poster art for it (say Bob and Doug's 24 Anniversary), the program picks a thumb that doesnt match instead of leaving it blank.

Not sure if anyone else ran into this yet...

Besides this I love this program Smile

I verified this and it will be fixed in the next release

xeonicxpression Wrote:I keep all of my dvds in video_ts format. Am I correct in assuming that there is no way to make this work since it is only for movies in a single file?

Not at this time - I was about to add support for DVD folders a while back but I needed to know naming conventions of .nfo and thumbnail files that are used by XBMC for DVD folders.
I did ask in this thread but I am still waiting for that information.

KidKiwi Wrote:This is a great proggie - thx for your efforts billyad2000. Found it today (been using your XBMC-DB prog) but didn't know this existed until I read a lucky post. Been using it all afternoon. Way cool! Smile

I wonder if you would consider a suggestion? I like to modify all my nfo's for consistency, alterations to incorrect grammar, spelling mistakes etc, etc. (really what your programme is for). What would be nice is for a (Checkbox?) to be available so once the nfo is perfect it could be checked so that the file is marked as complete (locked?). You could make the moviename text in the LHS panel change to "bold" to show that is was complete. Then any new movies added later would clearly stand out (not being bold). I don't know anything about progamming or if this is possible. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Again thx.

It is very possible, and I may implement it at some point in the future.
At the moment however, I am convetrating on adding support for TV shows.
billyad2000 Wrote:It is very possible, and I may implement it at some point in the future.
At the moment however, I am convetrating on adding support for TV shows.

Excellent...and a great way to spend your time Laugh I'm seriously looking forward to it.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
After using the proggie it a test mode, I finally fired it up to the sources on my media server. Worked like a charm Smile

One more possibility (once TV is done)Wink could an option to "backup" to a single folder for movies/multiple folders for TV shows be accomplished - both nfo files and thumbs? Also, a "restore" function that allows everything from backup to be put back where it belongs in the actual source folders. Keep up the great work!
KidKiwi Wrote:After using the proggie it a test mode, I finally fired it up to the sources on my media server. Worked like a charm Smile

One more possibility (once TV is done)Wink could an option to "backup" to a single folder for movies/multiple folders for TV shows be accomplished - both nfo files and thumbs? Also, a "restore" function that allows everything from backup to be put back where it belongs in the actual source folders. Keep up the great work!

While what you are asking would be fairly easy to implement, I was just wondering why you would want such an option. If you were to loose the tbn and nfo files stored with each file then it would be very likely that you would also loose the media as well.
billyad2000 Wrote:While what you are asking would be fairly easy to implement, I was just wondering why you would want such an option. If you were to loose the tbn and nfo files stored with each file then it would be very likely that you would also loose the media as well.

I can replace the media with the original DVD's, but all the work that has gone into the nfo's/thumbs could be lost (nfo's more so). I thought it would a great addition to have the prog create a backup (I know it can be done a single file at a time but very time consuming - especially restoring them one at a time). This would save a great deal of time and your prog is already working with all the files. Having invested a great deal of time setting my system up they way I like, protecting the files makes a lot of sense.

Hope you think it's worth a look.

How is the TV side coming along?
Quote:I have considered adding partial trailer support in that existing trailers could be played from within the app. Im not sure about the automatic download for trailers for the simple reason of scraper accuracy. Downloading 100s of large files with only some being correct seems like a waste of bandwidth to me.
Could you please expand on your other problem please. I've just tested the program and with a file named "movie.trailer.avi" it is ignored by the program. No nfo file was created.

Not being the expert here, but once the database is correctly scanned, is it not possible to do a “rescan” - add an option "scan database of trailers". This would allow a automatic download of (apple) trailers and ensure the correct trailers are downloaded not wasting the bandwith. In other words scanning for trailers would not automatically go together with a "normal" scan. A separate option per entry "scan&download for trailer" could be made available for the individual lookups.

I have no trailers currently and would love this option. It would kick start my effort for searching for all trailers.

but…..even without this option it this remains a great program.
I am trying to do something "different" with this. Since I do not have internet at home I have created an empty text files with names of my movies then saved them with the file extention .mpg. I am then using these files on another computer with XBMC Media Companion 1.221 and internet access to get the movie info. Here is the problem...I am behind a firewall that I have no control over!!!! I am getting this error message every time I scan folders for new movies.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.getid()
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.scanfornewmovies()
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.MenuItem3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.DispatchID(Int32 id)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Would it be possible to have the software "look" at your browser connection settings and use those? Or have somewhere to enter the connection settings for proxy servers?
Thanks for the help!
one feature i'd like to see is the option to use "folder.jpg" in addition to the .tbn files. it could be in the options or something to just copy the same .tbn as folder.jpg. it helps when not in library mode.
flipped cracker Wrote:one feature i'd like to see is the option to use "folder.jpg" in addition to the .tbn files. it could be in the options or something to just copy the same .tbn as folder.jpg. it helps when not in library mode.

yes I agree, the folder.jpg is great when not viewing in the Libery mode. It would really be nice indeed to have.
Just a brief update.

I'm still working on adding support for TV shows. It has not been so easy as I first thought. This is the first time I have been forced to use Regular Expressions and I have spent much time scouring the web for useful information.
In addition to this I have also had to figure out thetvdb.com API.

Relatively simple things but doing things for the first time is always a bit daunting.

Anyway, the research is now finished and I have routines in place that will handle filenames for series and episode information. I've pretty much sussed the basics of the tvdb API also.

Just a matter of doing the main coding and integration now.

As for a few of the other suggestions;

create folder.jpg for folder mode will be added in the future

Proxy support - never been an issue for me before, but I will look into it.

apple trailers download - Not sure about this, I have looked at the website and can't think of any way to ensure the correct movie trailer is downloaded. In addition to this trying to dl a .mov file results in a file a couple of Kb big. Any suggestions from people who have experience in this would be appreciated.
Am I missing something? spent hours correcting all the scrapped info on my movies but when I copy the movies to my Xbox (I use it away from the server) none of the movie posters show up without re-scanning the folder and the trailer button is missing Huh
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7