• 17(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
Just a teaser of the next version.

Click thumb for full size

I am getting an error with version 1.521 that I wasn't getting in an earlier version (1.229).

After I added a movie folder of "E:\" in the preferences screen I got the error "Access to the path E:\System Volume Informatin is denied."

I can still run version 1.229 and don't get this error. Drive E is an external USB drive (which is working fine).

Below is the copy of the information from the detail tab.

Thanks

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'E:\System Volume Information' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern)
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.ListFiles(String lst, String pattern, DirectoryInfo dir_info)
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.ListFiles(String lst, String pattern, DirectoryInfo dir_info)
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.nfos_to_array()
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.rebuild()
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
XBMC Media Companion
Assembly Version: 1.5.2.1
Win32 Version: 1.5.2.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/download/xbmc/XBMC_Media_Companion_1.521/XBMC%20Media%20Companion%201.521.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
I just noticed a problem with the current trailer function. Perhaps you've already addressed it, but if not, here it is: I tend to keep many local trailers on the Hard drive, as they're generally better quality, and faster to stream. They seemed to work well until I used this program to generate a nfos for all my movies. It now seems that the program input a url for the trailers for all the movies and xbmc now ignores the local trailers and goes straight to the imdb version. An option to disable scraping trailer information or something along those lines would be a nice addition!

Tim
billyad2000 Wrote:Just a teaser of the next version.

Very nice! +1 for showing Jennifer Garner's backside in the preview Wink
timdog82001 Wrote:I just noticed a problem with the current trailer function. Perhaps you've already addressed it, but if not, here it is: I tend to keep many local trailers on the Hard drive, as they're generally better quality, and faster to stream. They seemed to work well until I used this program to generate a nfos for all my movies. It now seems that the program input a url for the trailers for all the movies and xbmc now ignores the local trailers and goes straight to the imdb version. An option to disable scraping trailer information or something along those lines would be a nice addition!

Tim
This sounds like the same issue mentioned a few posts ago.
bionic1234 Wrote:Finally had a chance to test this with two movies. One with empty trailer tag in nfo file, one with trailer tag removed from nfo file.
Same outcome for both movies, trailer is not visible if nfo exists in folder.
I will need to update to Atlantis build (my build is a couple of weeks old now) and then I will submit a bug (if problem still exists)
As you can see it seems that the existence of the nfo is itself the problem. If you find this is not the case then please let me know.

rcr62 Wrote:I am getting an error with version 1.521 that I wasn't getting in an earlier version (1.229).

After I added a movie folder of "E:\" in the preferences screen I got the error "Access to the path E:\System Volume Informatin is denied."

I can still run version 1.229 and don't get this error. Drive E is an external USB drive (which is working fine).
snip
I think I've found the problem here and it should be fixed in the next release.
to the guy who plans to update and check the nfo issue, I'm running a version i built yesterday from SVN so its obviously very current and so i don't think that's the problem. The only thing that works is if you type in the absolute path of the trailer file. I posted in the associated movie trailers thread to see if this is the expected behavior and will report back when i get a response.
billyad2000 Wrote:Just a teaser of the next version.

Really nice.

I've only just discovered this wonderful program and it's a big help in making everything just how I want it. Thanks.
Everytime I try and run the exe for this program I get a error message program failed to initialize. What am i doing wrong?
ibejaminben Wrote:Everytime I try and run the exe for this program I get a error message program failed to initialize. What am i doing wrong?

The fail to initialize error message is usually releated to the .net framework.

Assuming you already have .net 3.5 installed then I would reccomend uninstalling it and re-installing it from scratch.
First off BillyAD2000

Many thanks for a great and very useful tool!

My job is actually a senior C# developer and I've always thought about doing something like the Media Companion for personal use, but can never be bothered due to working with code all day!

So again, many thanks for your excellent application - it's exactly what I was thinking about; your GUI is intuitive, and your support seems excellent!

Anyway, I do have one strange issue - Media Companion seems to have a problem with one of my TV Shows - Ally McBeal. This is not an issue to me, but the wife loves the show Tongue

Media Companion will scan the tvshow.nfo for Ally McBeal quite happily, but it won't find any episodes - period. I have completely renamed all episodes as follows:-

M:\TV\Ally McBeal\Season 1\Ally McBeal S01E01 Pilot.avi

etc, etc.

Interestingly, for all other shows I have, the scan logger will show the following:-

"Scanning Alias for New Episodes
120 Episodes Found for this show
0 New Episodes found"

For Ally McBeal all that is logged is:-

"Scanning Ally McBeal for New Episodes"

It doesn't log the fact that 0 New Episodes were found, which looks to me like there may be some exception getting swallowed.

I'm guessing there may be some problem with tvdb scraping for this show?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Ignore that last post, I missed the fix earlier:

Quote:1) If media companion scrapes a tvshow.nfo file but leaves <id></id> blank then media companion will not scrape any episodes for that tv show.
*the id tag is looking for the imdb id, so if you manually go to the imdb and look up your tv show, and copy and paste the imdb id to the tvshow.nfo, the episodes will scrape better.

I've made the IMDB adjustment to the tvshownfo, et voila.

Seek and ye shall find!
Hey, can someone post a working link for me to download this great looking app!

billyad2000's website seems to be down and the download links don't work Sad

Thx in advance!
try this

http://rapidshare.com/files/138085427/XB...1.rar.html
billyad2000 Wrote:As you can see it seems that the existence of the nfo is itself the problem. If you find this is not the case then please let me know.
Yup, I agree, just gotta find sometime to upgrade to Atlantis to build a proper bug.

Upcoming release looks 'hot'. One question, multi-episode files?
First, BllyAD2000, thank you very much, I find both your programs very useful, specially xbmc-db.

I know you consider xbmc-db a finished project, but maybe you can consider a small improvement. You give the option to generate thumbnails from the first <thumb> entry of the nfo, but that has several disadvantages:

- some links no longer work (many of my movies where scraped from culturalia.net, and that host no longer offers the service that made the scraper possible)
- sometimes another image instead of the first one is preferred and already have been chosen
- xbmc-db is re-downloading many images that maybe you already have

To cope with those 3 problems, I think this workaround should do: the user must first download from the xbox the video thumbnail directory to the local PC and give the path to it to xbmc-db. Then, for each entry in videodb.xml, xbmc-db calculates the CRC32 of the path+filename and looks for the correspondent tbn file in thumbnail directory; if it exist, simply copy it to the media directory & filename, if not, it should download the first <thumb> entry like it does now.

Thanks again for your work and patience!
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7