• 18(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
TV show specials don't appear to work. They are normally considered season 0.

Here is an example path:
\\SERVER\Video\TV Shows\Lost\Specials\Lost - S0E06.avi
I also have some .rmvb files that can be played via xbmc but are not being scraped.

Example file:
\\SERVER\Video\TV Shows\Scrubs\Season 5\Scrubs - S5E20 - My Lunch.rmvb
This program isn't perfect, but man it is AWESOME! Thank you SO much!

Play with it, you will be glad you did.
You can say that again. I can get all of the info for my media scraped correctly once and not have to deal with it again. It is a huge time saver.
Awesome program, it's the reason I've decided to start using library mode for my 2 TB collection. I'm really looking forward to the next release that incorporates fanart with each movie. Huge thanks Billy
XBMC Media Companion latest version is 1.615

Main Changes Since Last Release
  • Numerous causes of instability have been addressed
  • TV Shows of incomplete seasons would not display after missing episode now fixed
  • TV Show Specials now work with S00Exx or 00x01 etc
  • File Extension .rmvb has been added to media scanner
  • moviename-fanart can now be displayed as a backdrop to the movie
  • fanart.jpg stored within the root folder of a TV Show can now be set as the backdrop for that TV show/Episode.
  • Transparency has been added to the textboxes to improve the appearance of the above fanarts.
  • The above fanart and transparency settings are located in the preferences screen.
  • A preferences button has been added to the menu strip
  • Trailers scraped from IMDB can now be downloaded to local drive as moviename-trailer.xxx (No Download Progress Bar Yet)
  • A Button has been added to open current movie in default browser at IMDB
  • A Button has been added to open current TV Show in default browser at TVDB
  • Notification of newer version has been added
Download From here

Coming Soon

Bugfixes as issues are raised
TV Show/Episode Editor
File Renamer
Fanart Selection Screen

Coming Eventually
SQL DB Support - I've got 1000+ movies and 1000s of TV Show Episodes and I've started to notice things slowing down with the current method of using individual xml files.
Wow! Looks great. I will check it out today and let you know how it goes. Cheers and thanks again for the amazing app!
For peformance reasons, I convert all my saved fanart into bmp's (scaled for my resolution), and I just noticed that Media Companion fails to see these (only recognizes jpg's). This is merely cosmetic, UNLESS one happens to use the "Scan All Movies for New Fanart" function, then all fanart will be redownloaded. I would suggest that Media Companion should look for fanart with bmp, jpg, jpeg, and tiff extensions, and be extension agnostic for the new fanart function.

Looks good though Smile

P.S. When's music coming next? :p
Sorry to double post, but another simple suggestion

Change the form for the add tv folder browser to include the path text box, it will make adding multiple entries in the same root much faster (through pasting). Or even allow adding folders by typing them into the existing text box in the preferences screen and pressing enter, even faster.
It took me awhile, but I sorted out my movie problems.. When I did the initial movie scan everything would show up on the list except for my .bin movies. Once I copied blank nfo's into those folders and rescanned, all was good..

I just started testing the tv section tonight and all seems good except my season thumbs won't show up when I'm in library mode.. I have them all saved as folder.jpg in the season folders, so they show up when I'm in file mode.. They used to show up in library mode when I scraped through xbmc, but now that I have the nfo files, they don't show.. Not sure If there's something I'm missing here..

So far I love the program.. What a time saver.. Thanks for making this available..
Still getting the error message "Access to the path E:\System Volume Informatin is denied."

However, I figured out a work around. If I add the sub-folders in E instead of added the root it works fine.

Thanks for another great update to your progrm
Fantastic update, I love the new fanart functionality.

I am having trouble choosing an alternat background. I only saw a button to open the root folder, which gains access to all of the downloaded fanart....but if you want to change the current backing you have to close the media companion to be able to change the file name. Giant pain in the ass...

Am I overlooking something? is there an easier way to do this? Huh
Error when selecting a folder.

---------------

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.ListFiles(String lst, String pattern, DirectoryInfo dir_info)
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.ListFiles(String lst, String pattern, DirectoryInfo dir_info)
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.nfos_to_array()
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.rebuild()
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.addfolder()
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.ToolStripButton2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
XBMC Media Companion 1.615
Assembly Version: 1.6.1.5
Win32 Version: 1.6.1.5
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/XBMC%20Media%20Companion%201.615/XBMC%20Media%20Companion%201.615.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
z0iid Wrote:Error when selecting a folder.
....snip

Having difficulty tracking this down. To help me could you tell me the exact path of the movie folder you are adding.

NitrousXBMC Wrote:Fantastic update, I love the new fanart functionality.

I am having trouble choosing an alternat background. I only saw a button to open the root folder, which gains access to all of the downloaded fanart....but if you want to change the current backing you have to close the media companion to be able to change the file name. Giant pain in the ass...

Am I overlooking something? is there an easier way to do this? Huh
I will be adding fanart to the movie editor soon. Additionally I am considering a slideshow type functionality for fanart to display multiple fanarts with a set delay.
the preferences and imdb buttons don't have proper tooltips. they say "ToolStripButton1" and "ToolStripButton6" respectively.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7