• 33(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I just figure out how to set content on my folder user context menu with a keyboard/mouse.
Quote:Make sure your episodes are names using the following format:-

episode filenames must contain either
eg S01E01 for series 1 episode 1
or
01x01 for series 1 episode 1

TV Show specials are called as season 0
Look on TVDB for a tvshow specials, check the episode no for the special you have and name it as S00Exx (where xx is the episode no on TVDB)
Is this still the case? Will you be adding support for custom naming schemes? For example my TV shows are all saved as:
Series\Season ##\## - episode title.xxx
Me again,

One little quirk and one feature suggestion :

Quirk : Lotsa times, the outline will scrape all the way to the pipe character and
include it. Could you have the scraper not include the pipe ( | )?

Feature suggestion : Have a backup place to look for Plot when none exists on
IMDB.

I have been going through my Movies and whenever no Plot was found on IMDB,
i go to http://www.allmovie.com and 95% of the time, there is a Plot Synopsis
there. I don't mind doing it manually because i am that anal about having a
perfect library but for those that want everything automated, i think it is a very
nice feature to add.

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Basic question I know, but is there a reason the "thumb" entry uses a url as opposed to a local entry? - especially when local thumbs are present?

I couldn't find anything obvious by searching this thread, but I know someone will give me a good reason Smile
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
KidKiwi Wrote:Basic question I know, but is there a reason the "thumb" entry uses a url as opposed to a local entry? - especially when local thumbs are present?

I couldn't find anything obvious by searching this thread, but I know someone will give me a good reason Smile

once in xbmc. if you choose to change movie icon, xbmc has the exact url needed to find the list of thumbnails to choose from as opposed to 1 image stored locally
chippie Wrote:Mistake in the above, the naming convention I use for DVD structures is just fanart.jpg which sits at the same level as the VIDEO_TS folder this the picks up fien in File view just not in Library. Moviename-fanart.jpg is the format applied to fanart for avi fies which work fine on Library mode.

Well I found the issue for DVD`s. To display local fanart in Library Mode for DVD`s the fanart needs to be named;

\DVDNAME\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-fanart

To display fanart in File mode it need to be named;

DVD\NAME\fanart.jpg

Does XBMC MC account for this when creating the fanart for DVD`s or does it just put links into the .nfo for the fanart. If the latter how does it work after that, once imported to XBMC, Plex etc... is the fanart downloaded then or have I got it all completely wrong.

Asking as I have not been able to scrape any fanart with MC due to the server issues so cannot see exactly waht it does.

Thanks,

Mark.
chippie Wrote:Well I found the issue for DVD`s. To display local fanart in Library Mode for DVD`s the fanart needs to be named;

\DVDNAME\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-fanart

To display fanart in File mode it need to be named;

DVD\NAME\fanart.jpg

Does XBMC MC account for this when creating the fanart for DVD`s or does it just put links into the .nfo for the fanart. If the latter how does it work after that, once imported to XBMC, Plex etc... is the fanart downloaded then or have I got it all completely wrong.

Asking as I have not been able to scrape any fanart with MC due to the server issues so cannot see exactly waht it does.

Thanks,

Mark.

To be honest I didn't have no idea how XBMC deals with nfo files and DVD folders. Since I've had no feedback to the contrary I assume I got it right

I used the following format.

DVD folder/VIDEO_TS.nfo
DVD folder/VIDEO_TS.tbn
DVD folder/VIDEO_TS-trailer.avi (or mpg, wmv, etc)
DVD folder/VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg

The origional site for fanart, moviebackdrops.com is unfortunately no more, but the fanart has been moved to http://www.meligrove.com. I'll add this shortly.
KidKiwi Wrote:Basic question I know, but is there a reason the "thumb" entry uses a url as opposed to a local entry? - especially when local thumbs are present?

As rudeboyx said. Media Companion and XBMC use the local thumb, and the thumbnail tag isnt really needed. It does allow you to change the thumbnail from within XBMC if you wish to.
Pr.Sinister Wrote:Me again,

One little quirk and one feature suggestion :

Quirk : Lotsa times, the outline will scrape all the way to the pipe character and
include it. Could you have the scraper not include the pipe ( | )?

Feature suggestion : Have a backup place to look for Plot when none exists on
IMDB.

I have been going through my Movies and whenever no Plot was found on IMDB,
i go to http://www.allmovie.com and 95% of the time, there is a Plot Synopsis
there. I don't mind doing it manually because i am that anal about having a
perfect library but for those that want everything automated, i think it is a very
nice feature to add.

-Pr.

I am aware of the pipe issue and it has been fixed for the next version.

As for an alternative site for plot information then my answer to that is maybe. I think this is defiantely a good idea, but it is quite far down my list of things to do.
kricker Wrote:Is this still the case? Will you be adding support for custom naming schemes? For example my TV shows are all saved as:
Series\Season ##\## - episode title.xxx

Possibly in the future.
billyad2000 Wrote:To be honest I didn't have no idea how XBMC deals with nfo files and DVD folders. Since I've had no feedback to the contrary I assume I got it right

I used the following format.

DVD folder/VIDEO_TS.nfo
DVD folder/VIDEO_TS.tbn
DVD folder/VIDEO_TS-trailer.avi (or mpg, wmv, etc)
DVD folder/VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg

The origional site for fanart, moviebackdrops.com is unfortunately no more, but the fanart has been moved to http://www.meligrove.com. I'll add this shortly.

By DVD folder/ I presume you mean the VIDEO_TS folder? As this is where MC puts them all. So this is all correct. I think I should have been clearer, The problem I have is that your program works fine for all the data to be viewed in Library mode but to be able to see the artwork in File mode it needs to be duplicated;

\Batman\folder.jpg (coverart - visible in File Mode)
\Batman\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.tbn (coverart - visible in Library Mode)
\Batman\fanart.jpg (fanart - visible in File Mode)
\Batman\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg (fanart - visible in Library mode)
\Batman\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.nfo (obvious nfo data)

Not downloaded any trailers so cannot comment but will try tonight

As you can see for the covers and fanart to be visible in File and Library mode they have to be duplicated with different names and locations. I had to write a script to copy/rename all my cover art when I started to use Plex. I will try out some more things tonight and let you know.

I have posted on Plex`s site to see if it is possible for it to pick up fanart and coverart from one location for Folder and File view, will have to see if it is. In the mean time would it be possible for you to change MC and add an option to allow for folder view of artwork and have it make duplicates of the coverart and fanart as described above?

Thanks for your time.

Mark.
Happy to help testing if required and am in the process of backing up my final 200 DVD`s

Thanks again.
Pr.Sinister Wrote:Hi,

One last thing i have noticed...

The initial scrape will never find a movie that has French characters but if i
then edit the movie and use the Change Movie button, it finds the correct
one right away.

Here are examples with different French characters:

3 Z?ros (2002)
Ast?rix & Ob?lix - Mission Cl?op?tre (2002)
Bronz?s 3 - Amis Pour La Vie, Les (2006)
Choses secr?tes (2002)
D?ner de cons, Le (1998)

-Pr.

Just been looking at this, i've figured out what is causing it.

The french characters are translated in the IMDB search.

ie "?" is replaced with %E8

so I have been using the following search path -
http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=3+Z?ros
Unfortunately this doesnt work.

The correct link would be-
http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=3+Z%E8ros

This is easily fixed but I need to know some help getting all of the IMDB codes for these chr$, other that the examples you provided I could do with a comprehensive list of all french chr$ and their coresponding IMDB codes. I'll include the fix once I have all the necessary codes.
chippie Wrote:By DVD folder/ I presume you mean the VIDEO_TS folder? As this is where MC puts them all. So this is all correct. I think I should have been clearer, The problem I have is that your program works fine for all the data to be viewed in Library mode but to be able to see the artwork in File mode it needs to be duplicated;

Not downloaded any trailers so cannot comment but will try tonight

As you can see for the covers and fanart to be visible in File and Library mode they have to be duplicated with different names and locations. I had to write a script to copy/rename all my cover art when I started to use Plex. I will try out some more things tonight and let you know.

I have posted on Plex`s site to see if it is possible for it to pick up fanart and coverart from one location for Folder and File view, will have to see if it is. In the mean time would it be possible for you to change MC and add an option to allow for folder view of artwork and have it make duplicates of the coverart and fanart as described above?

Thanks for your time.

Mark.

I see what you mean.

There is an easy workaround

Instead of

why not use

\Batman\VIDEO_TS.tbn (coverart - visible in Library Mode)
\Batman\VIDEO_TS-fanart.jpg (fanart - visible in Library mode)
\Batman\VIDEO_TS.nfo (obvious nfo data)

The VIDEO_TS folder is only needed on a DVD. Just put all the DVD files directly into the movie folder. Then you will not need the duplicate files.
billyad2000 Wrote:Just been looking at this, i've figured out what is causing it.

The french characters are translated in the IMDB search.

ie "é" is replaced with %E8

so I have been using the following search path -
http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=3+Zéros
Unfortunately this doesnt work.

The correct link would be-
http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=3+Z%E8ros

This is easily fixed but I need to know some help getting all of the IMDB codes for these chr$, other that the examples you provided I could do with a comprehensive list of all french chr$ and their coresponding IMDB codes. I'll include the fix once I have all the necessary codes.

I see... So then this URLEncode Code Chart should help...

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7