• 36(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
Thanx tu Pr.Sinister for answering my question, I got it working already...

Is there a chance to get Media Companion connected to the OFDB instead of IMDB, or to the german Part of the IMDB?
toellby Wrote:Thanx tu Pr.Sinister for answering my question, I got it working already...

Is there a chance to get Media Companion connected to the OFDB instead of IMDB, or to the german Part of the IMDB?

The answer to this is not in the immediate future.

My long term ambitions would include the ability to use XBMC scrapers. I've still got a lot of learning to do before I even attempt to do this.
billyad2000 Wrote:My long term ambitions would include the ability to use XBMC scrapers. I've still got a lot of learning to do before I even attempt to do this.

I thought there is a Checkbox I haven't found, because in the Preferences I can chose the Langeuage for TVDB.com, so I thought perhaps there is a chance in chosing the german IMDB...
Hay billyad2000,

This looks like a stella program, and i cant wait to try it out, but.... all the download links on your page, and links from here are dead....

Sad
Great Program Billy I love it. Couple of questions. Since last night it hasn't been able to get the # of votes or the IMDB rating, is this just me? Also how do you get the fanart for movies to download?
Sorry about that I see 1.8 fixes the # of votes and IMDB rating, anyone have a link?
For everybodys information.

Firstly,

A basic forum is now up and running for all things related to XBMC Media Companion.
Visit The New Media Companion Forum

Any Questions, requests, or bug reports should be posted to the new forum.

This single thread is just getting too big to be useable.

Secondly, some people are complaing that the datafile host i've been using is down on a regular basis. Because of this I have started hosting the file on my own website. Hopefully this will be more reliable, datafilehost is still used as a mirror.
First of all, LOVE XBMC MEDIA COMPANION! It completes me!

And now a couple of quick requests!

1) I've tried the standard naming conventions for multi episode tv files i.e. 1 file with multiple episodes, however these don't seem to get picked up. I typically use say Top Gear S10E01-02.avi
2) I have DVD's of TV Shows which have been ripped to VIDEO_TS folders, can you please implement some sort of naming convention for the folder above VIDEO_TS. Say "Heroes S02E01-05", and "Heroes S02E06-11" so these can be scraped.
3) Can you please add support for .bin files in TV and Movie modes

Thanks again for this program and the awesome support!

Cheers
Version 1.816 is available for testing.

Improvements since 1.8

File extension ".bin" is now supported
File extension ".ogm" is now supported

An unhandled exception that occured when scraping some movies should now be fixed.

In addition to the above I have included a year sensitive IMDB search. For this to work the year must be stored in the filename (or foldername) and contained within brackets eg. "movietitle (2005).avi"

Get it here
Quote:...must be stored in the filename (or foldername) and contained within brackets eg. "movietitle (2005).avi

Just to be clear, should they be brackets "[ ]" or did you mean parentheses "( )" ?
They're both brackets.
micster Wrote:Just to be clear, should they be brackets "[ ]" or did you mean parentheses "( )" ?

The current regex is for ()

If people are using [] then I could add this.
How good is the support for german titles searching with this tool for movies?
Is there anyway to help for german support, (filmstarts.de ofdb.de) etc would be so nice :-)
The TV support is great with 1.8 version. THANKs a lot.
hi
can you add support for more scrapers like ofdb ?
billyad2000: The v1.816 version fixed the following error.

Thanks.

Code:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.getid()
   at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.scanfornewmovies()
   at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.TsBtnScanNewMedia_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7