• 38(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
harryzimm Wrote:you have to set content on your tv shows folder and choose tvshows then run automatic scan. After that library mode will be available. I recomend setting the library up in project mayhem III then switch back to aeon.What platform are you using?

Right now im on xbmc for windows, but im going to transfer it all to xbmc live if i can figure this out.
ok, load up project mayhem III and go to videos then right click your tv shows folder and go to set content. choose tv shows (i think its the default) then choose run automated scan. xbmc will then scan all your tv shows into the library. when its done click on library. All your tv shows should now show all the info media companion created.
cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
Ok, ill try it! First I need to rename all my files...
Didn't work. It scanned for about 5 seconds then went back to the list, and there is still no library. Why doesnt XBMC work for me...
now that you've set content, go into your tv shows folder and right click on a tv show then click tv show information. if that dont work then im stumped, it really isn't that hard. maybe try reading the wiki.
cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
I dont even have a show tv show button. I think its about time to use another media center. I have now idea what is wrong with it... Im going to record what im doing and put it online so you can see.
Used XBMC MC for the first time in a while last night, i'm amazed at how far it's come. It's really running great. One question I have, is it possible to save the log when doing a scan? Particularly when doing TV shows. The reason for this is that I can see clearly that MC is finding "new episodes" for some shows, but not creating NFO files for them. This tells me 1 of 2 things. Either thetvdb doesn't have episode information for that show (for example, the show Strutter). Or, my episode naming/numbering is wrong. For example, I've only just realised that according to thetvdb, Family Guy season 1 only has 7 eps, but I have it as 13. So MC doesnt create NFOs for S1, Eps 8-13 (because they dont exist).

If there was a way I was able to view this log at my own pace (it moves too fast to see them all), then I would be able to find all the mistakes. Ie. Episodes that don't have NFO files.

Thanks again for the great program!
I cant even record a video in fraps right. I must be a failure.
Ok, I semi-got it to work... I deleted all the info that media companion made and scaned again. This time it worked!! I just dont have any fanart or plot. I have no idea why theres no plot though... All I have to do now is just find new icons, because these banner things dont work well with Aeon.
BillyAD2000, have you thought about adding an option to rename TV Show episodes during a scan? Every now and then I use a an app like EpNamer to go through and rename all my episodes to something more legible. I would like to do it to every episode before I scan it using Media Companion, but it's too fiddly to do with each episode. As you are downloading all the info needed to rename the episode to a more legible name (i.e. Show Name, Episode Title), I think it would be a very handy feature if your app could rename as well. I.e.

Scan
Fringe.s01e03,repack,xor.blah.avi -- Scans, finds episode title 'The Ghost Network'.
Renames file to S01E03 - The Ghost Network.avi. Creates S01E01 - The Ghost Network.nfo (and .tbn)

Has this been mentioned before? Have you thought about adding it?
Hi guys

I've started a thread on file naming standards in the new Media Companion forum. (It's a work in progress - perhaps this info will be better served on a Wiki page, perhaps I will do that once it is refined.)

Rather move your Media Companion feature requests and queries to an appropriate section in the new forum. It's going to be problematic to follow the two.

Keep in mind that 'folder names' have a huge impact on the success of scraping the correct TV series - including the date may increase the hit rate - look up the name of your show on TheTVDb and rename your folders appropriately.
Here's a Wiki page on TV show naming standards
It will help for scrapes if your media is named accordingly.
InsomniaRSA Wrote:Here's a Wiki page on TV show naming standards
It will help for scrapes if your media is named accordingly.

Looks a potential problem is that none of the default regexps support a space between the show name and the episode numbers, i.e.;

Heroes/Season 1/Heroes S01E04.avi

Bizz
buzzra Wrote:Looks a potential problem is that none of the default regexps support a space between the show name and the episode numbers, i.e.;

Heroes/Season 1/Heroes S01E04.avi

Bizz

Can't say for certain with XBMC but Media Companion works fine with that convention.
some more ideas to consider, or add my support to if they have already been suggested

- option to not create nfo files at all (only add art)
- option to not create blank/empty nfos (this seems to cause the title to appear empty in the xbmc library)
- a feature to clean up nfo and images which have no corresponding video (ie video was deleted/renamed/moved).
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7