• 41(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
joebrady Wrote:I was noticing this also, I was wondering if the font for the Show and Episode in the text could be bolded or enlarged to be more noticable durning a scan. Just a thought.

That's not a bad idea. When it quickly scrolls down, it's fairly easy to see at least some incorrect shows. You simply look at the number of new episodes found. 95% of my shows say "0 new episodes found for this show" which means that its found the eps and created the relevant NFO files. But I am getting plenty that are finding new episodes, but which aren't actually new episodes. This must mean that my numbering is wrong. If the number was bold (or if we were able to save that log file), that would make it easier to find incorrect/missing NFOs.
This might have been suggested before, what about a sort by "newest" or "date added" ? I usually put a few movies in the folder before I do a new scan and I always like to check to make sure the information is correct but sometimes I forget which movies I added in the last couple of days. Just a thought. Cheers.
stargazer Wrote:I am getting the same error as I have a drive dedicated to movies where each movie is in a folder on the root of the disk. I do not have a VB background, but the code snippet is pretty easy to follow. You can try substituting a for..to loop in place of the for each loop. Then you can have an exception handler around the body of the for..to loop an skip the offending directory. This assumes that the GetDirectories call is succeeding, but accessing entries in will not.

Unfortunatley the code you provided doesn't work, I think i've found a solution though.

Code:
tempint = realpathcount + 1
            For f = 1 To realpathcount
                'tempstring = realpaths(f)
                For Each strfolder As String In My.Computer.FileSystem.GetDirectories(realpaths(f))
                    Try
                        If strfolder.IndexOf("System Volume Information") = -1 Then
                            realpathcount += 1
                            realpaths(realpathcount) = strfolder
                        End If
                    Catch ex As Exception
                        MsgBox("error")
                    End Try
                Next

Next

'add an additional loop for the recursive scan

For g = tempint To realpathcount
                For Each strfolder As String In My.Computer.FileSystem.GetDirectories(realpaths(g), FileIO.SearchOption.SearchAllSubDirectories)
                    Try
                        If strfolder.IndexOf("System Volume Information") = -1 Then
                            realpathcount += 1
                            realpaths(realpathcount) = strfolder
                        End If
                    Catch ex As Exception
                        MsgBox("error")
                    End Try
                Next
            Next
This seems to do exactly what I wanted without any errors, people will have to be sensible when adding drives to the program, If they were to add drive c:\ then it would slow the program down by an enormous ammount (my c:\ drive has about 8000 folders and scanning them all for nfo files is very slow)
There should be no problem though for people who use a drive for nothing but media or for those few who store media on the root of a drive.
axan Wrote:It worked for me for few movies but now im getting this error:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.

This is fixed in the must recent versions, they are not available on the main website yet.
You can find a link to the most up to date version here
Quote:This is fixed in the must recent versions, they are not available on the main website yet.
You can find a link to the most up to date version here

The newest version 1.818 still shows that error for me, with a movie called: Don't come knocking.

I tried removing the ' - thus calling it: Dont come knocking - to no avail.

http://pastebin.com/m4c4bf475
Hey I have a major request for this software - can you make it put the utf-8 xml declaration at the top of the file? Without it the XML NFO files with special characters (accented letters) get garbled when you import them to XBMC. I ended up using your program to break up my videodb.xml and then writing a python script to add the utf-8 declaration back to the top. Not having to do this manually in the future would be excellent!

Other than that this program is very handy though, thanks for the hard work!
hotzenpl0tz Wrote:The newest version 1.818 still shows that error for me, with a movie called: Don't come knocking.

I tried removing the ' - thus calling it: Dont come knocking - to no avail.

http://pastebin.com/m4c4bf475

Verified and fixed, i'll be uploading a new version later today.
Version 1.827 is now available for testing

Main Changes in brief:-

The ability to edit tvshow and episode nfo's (this still needs a little work, but it's almost there)
Get media file information using Medianfo.dll (this is included in the download rar and must be extracted to the same folder as the executable
Various bugfixes, including the problem with System Volume Information, has now been fixed

Download
Just wondering if there are any plans to add a feature that would allow us to easily change the actor thumbs? A lot of times the additional thumbs for actors on IMDB are larger/better/nicer/etc. than the main one that get's picked.

Thanks,
Harry
Cool stuff, problem fixed and 600GB scanned and converted to .nfo. Thanks alot !
Swwethip1 Wrote:Would it be possible to make cutom categories.. or maybe edit genre.. so that you can make all your kids movies as that genre as well as bluray movies..

is this possible ?
This looks really cool and I'm surprised I just found it! I'm a little confused though...Do you create the library with this and then move the files/folders over to the xbox, or do you somehow point the xbox to the library on the PC? I've gone through the first 10 pages of this and I can't for the life of me, find the answer.
smcnally75 Wrote:This looks really cool and I'm surprised I just found it! I'm a little confused though...Do you create the library with this and then move the files/folders over to the xbox, or do you somehow point the xbox to the library on the PC? I've gone through the first 10 pages of this and I can't for the life of me, find the answer.

I use NetDrive on my PC to mount my Xbox drives then XBMC-MC sees them as local drives.
Hitcher Wrote:I use NetDrive on my PC to mount my Xbox drives then XBMC-MC sees them as local drives.

I don't get it. So if I mount the xbox drives to my PC, the xbox will then see my pc drives as local drives? Is that what you are saying?
No, the other way around.

Start XBMC-MC, then add the TV/Movie folders on your Xbox (because they're mounted in Windows you can browse to them) and away you go.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7