• 58(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
Hi All,

Once I get this program working how do I get the xbmc to look at the work this program just did? I'm starting to get the hang of this program and it's saving the stuff in the folder of each movie. I tried to build a new library but it seemd to go out to IMDB and get the info that I just spent time getting with the program. I say that because I used different thumbs and added them into the file info with in XBMC Companion and saved it. Am I missing something? Do I need to change something in XBMC to read the info in the folders of the movie to get it to us my info?
Thank you,
C
delete your video database file and thumbs cache first, then re-scan items into your library
splatman2 Wrote:Do I need to change something in XBMC to read the info in the folders of the movie to get it to us my info?
Thank you,
C

Nope, XBMC is already setup to scrape from your directory first and only scrape from the internet if there aren't already files in place. As Joe said, just delete your video db and thumbs cache and rescan.
Happy mediacompanion user, however I noticed after scraping a new movie with XBMC the possibility of cycling thumbs and fanart via thumb://remote0 and 1 sources in film details. How can I add those sources in my movies scraped by mediacompanion? A line in the .nfo file? Thanks.
[offtopic]

i would absolutely love to see someone creating a program like this for the music database as well.. and of course, xbmc acting the same way then - checking for nfo, fanart, thumbs in dir and try to gather informations from outside only when they don't exist.

that way we won't even need to recheck for correct mp3 file tagging for every song we get from unknown sources.

[/offtopic]
cheers,azido :;):
New Version 2.064

Improvements:-

The Poster handler has been re-written and can scrape posters from MPA, TMDb, IMDB and MPDB, the order of preference can be selected for the main scraper and the poster browser(located in the edit screen) can scrape from all 4 sources

Fanart should now be saved using the stack name used by XBMC, I think i've got this correct, let me know if there are any issues.

Multi-part files can now be called a, b, c, eg:-
movie a.avi
movie b.avi etc.

Multi-episode tv media files should now scrape and edit fine, it will probably be neccesary to delete the origional .nfo files created by MC then rescrape them. these nfo files are listed as seperate episodes in the browser. The regex used is "([-EeXx])([0-9]+)", this will allow most commonly used naming conventions eg:-
Episode S01E01 E02 E03.avi
or
Episode S01E01 S01E02.avi
or
Episode 01x01 x02.avi etc
There is no limit to the number of episodes that can be stored in a single nfo file, so DVD rips containing multiple episodes should work fine with this method.
All episodes stored in a single nfo file must be from a single show and a single season.

It is now possible to select your preferred IMDB mirror and appears to work ok. The mirrors available are :-
http://www.imdb.com/
http://uk.imdb.com/
http://us.imdb.com/
http://akas.imdb.com/
http://italian.imdb.com/
http://www.imdb.de/
It should be noted that although Italian and German mirrors have been added that the information is still English, and the german mirror contains no plot information whatsoever. I would also say that I haven't tested all these mirrors exhaustively.

And here is the link

Download
Hi billy
Thanks for a brilliant program. Just one problem with the new version.
If you have a two part movie, the tbn file is still saved as for example "The Matrix a.tbn". Unfortunatly using xbmc rev 16609, xbmc does not find "The Matrix a.tbn" Saving the tbn as the stacked name like the fanart now does would solve the problem. This will effect people not using folder names as xbmc finds the folder.jpeg fine.

cheers.
Does any one else have the problem with the program scraping fanart for the tbn files for the next file now this only happens randomly and i don't know why so now am having to go through it manually all 303 damn films lol.
Rocky5 Wrote:Does any one else have the problem with the program scraping fanart for the tbn files for the next file now this only happens randomly and i don't know why so now am having to go through it manually all 303 damn films lol.

Actually this has happend to me as well. Only on a couple of files though. Not sure how to replicate the problem. Huh

cheers
I had this happen last time I did a scan. I thought it was me Blush
Rocky5 Wrote:Does any one else have the problem with the program scraping fanart for the tbn files for the next file now this only happens randomly and i don't know why so now am having to go through it manually all 303 damn films lol.

I did encounter this on one occasion but since it never repeated I thought it was some kind of wierd glitch. I'll check through the code over the next few days and see if I cant fix it.

harryzimm Wrote:Hi billy
Thanks for a brilliant program. Just one problem with the new version.
If you have a two part movie, the tbn file is still saved as for example "The Matrix a.tbn". Unfortunatly using xbmc rev 16609, xbmc does not find "The Matrix a.tbn" Saving the tbn as the stacked name like the fanart now does would solve the problem. This will effect people not using folder names as xbmc finds the folder.jpeg fine.

cheers.

I'm slowly moving over to using the stacked name, you may of noticed that only fanart saved via the main movie scraper uses the stacked filename, the function is in place to determine the stackname, I just need to implement it accross the whole program.

I aplologise for the problems found with the new version, but I was getting cross-eyed looking at code and it makes for much faster bug fixing if I am getting reports from multiple users, all using the software with different setups.
I have problems scraping fanart as well, how you considered scraping http://themoviedb.org?
yes, i have even written the scraper (sits on trac). however with the little info available (as in info, not entries) on that site it sadly isn't very interesting
ehrr, sorry, i was in a totally other topic in my head. please ignore
Amazing program, exactly what I needed with my huge collection.

The biggest issue I have with XBMC is the folder.jpg thing. I've spent a large deal of time getting the perfect cover art for my collection. XBMC scrapes ugly art. I've looked high and low, but don't see a setting to have your wonderful program use my existing folder.jpg image as the thumbnail and create a subsequent .tbn file that is the same name as the movie file. Is there such an option I'm overlooking or would it be possible to request such a feature for a future update? Thanks!
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7