• 69(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
New Version 2.113

Bugfix - trying to play a TV Media File would result in an unhandled exception
Bugfix - Enabling year filter would result in an exception if no year(s) are entered
Bugfix - tooltip displayed when "Display new movies" checkbox is not
Bugfix - Regex error for multipart tv episodes
Bugfix - The watched catagory would not recognise exported .nfo's that had an episode count >1

Misc - TV season and episode no's were validated to be less than 99, this stopped shows such as S2004E01 scraping

Added - Blank Nfo button on movie edit mode
Added - Hotkey for the "Watched" button, Alt-W toggles the state.

Download Version 2.113
Very nice on the update spree man. Gonna like the alt-w short cut when I get home from work.

Still one thing that I would absolutely love to see implemented is the ability of your program to not automatically save a tbn file when I scrape movies for the first time. Have some kind of check box in the settings to turn that off/on.

When I add movies I manually find, edit, and add a movie.tbn for that movie. It would also be nice if your program would recongnize my existing movie.tbn file and display that as the thumbnail. XBMC scrapes and sees movie.tbn for library mode. This small feature would make your program that much better if it's not to much to ask. Thanks for your consideration!
billyad2000 Wrote:New Version 2.113

Bugfix - trying to play a TV Media File would result in an unhandled exception
Bugfix - Enabling year filter would result in an exception if no year(s) are entered
Bugfix - tooltip displayed when "Display new movies" checkbox is not
Bugfix - Regex error for multipart tv episodes
Bugfix - The watched catagory would not recognise exported .nfo's that had an episode count >1

Misc - TV season and episode no's were validated to be less than 99, this stopped shows such as S2004E01 scraping

Added - Blank Nfo button on movie edit mode
Added - Hotkey for the "Watched" button, Alt-W toggles the state.

Download Version 2.113

Awesome, thanks!
One small bug I've noticed. When you are editing a movie and have to update movie manually because it scraped the wrong one, after you update the movie it puts the watched tag to watched. Minor issue.
krypt2nite Wrote:One small bug I've noticed. When you are editing a movie and have to update movie manually because it scraped the wrong one, after you update the movie it puts the watched tag to watched. Minor issue.

On the initial scan 2.113 saves the tag as <watched></watched> and then on the edit it changes it to <playcount>1</playcount>
billyad2000 Wrote:I would have expected that to be the case, I got the following information about a month ago.

As you can see, only stacked posters are found since build 16609, it's not the way I would have it since it breaks compatability for people using XBMC version 8.10 stable release, but it is the way it is.

From what I understand, the fanart and tbn file need to be named the same as the .nfo file. I'm running the latest t3ch release and it seems that those need to be named after the first part of the movie file. The way MC used to name them worked great, but the new way seems to break it. If I manually change them to work on the xbox, then MC doesn't see them.
smcnally75 Wrote:From what I understand, the fanart and tbn file need to be named the same as the .nfo file. I'm running the latest t3ch release and it seems that those need to be named after the first part of the movie file. The way MC used to name them worked great, but the new way seems to break it. If I manually change them to work on the xbox, then MC doesn't see them.

Yeah, I think I have the same problem, here is an example...

Most of my movies are arranged as in the example below:

Hitman (2007)\Hitman (2007).avi
Hitman (2007)\Hitman (2007).nfo
Hitman (2007)\Hitman (2007).tbn
Hitman (2007)\Hitman (2007)-fanart.jpg

And that works great. Everything shows up perfectly.

Now I have a bunch of stacked movies as well like this:

88 Minutes (2007)\88 Minutes (2007)-pt1.avi
88 Minutes (2007)\88 Minutes (2007)-pt2.avi

I think that Media Companion should be naming the files (am I getting it right?):

88 Minutes (2007)\88 Minutes (2007)-pt1.nfo
88 Minutes (2007)\88 Minutes (2007)-pt1.tbn
88 Minutes (2007)\88 Minutes (2007)-pt1-fanart.jpg

But it doesn't. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

G
On another subject... Any chance we might see a Subtitle scrapping capability in the future? That is the ability to grab SRT files for a movie from http://www.opensubtitles.org/ ? Thanks for such a wonderful, useful, and time saving application!
One last request... Any chance to have a filter choice to just show the newly imported items? The first thing I do after a new import is go through them to review the thumbnails in order to ensure I like them, I often change them. Right now I have to save the log and then manually find each movie in the list (and I have over 500 now and I'm lazy Smile ). Thanks!
I know requests can be overwhelming, but since people are making requests I figured I'd throw out something I've been hoping for for awhile.

I always thought it would be nice to be able to select a view that would only show movies or tv shows that are missing fanart or thumbs.
smcnally75 Wrote:I know requests can be overwhelming, but since people are making requests I figured I'd throw out something I've been hoping for for awhile.

I always thought it would be nice to be able to select a view that would only show movies or tv shows that are missing fanart or thumbs.

+1 for this request

also one from me... I get a lot of movies that have Outline data but no Plot data. If there is no Plot data to be scraped, can we have the program copy the Outline data in this field?
joebrady Wrote:+1 for this request

also one from me... I get a lot of movies that have Outline data but no Plot data. If there is no Plot data to be scraped, can we have the program copy the Outline data in this field?

+1 for all those.
gbdesai Wrote:One last request... Any chance to have a filter choice to just show the newly imported items? The first thing I do after a new import is go through them to review the thumbnails in order to ensure I like them, I often change them. Right now I have to save the log and then manually find each movie in the list (and I have over 500 now and I'm lazy Smile ). Thanks!
There's a filter to 'Display New Movies Only' after you've scanned for new ones on the left.
smcnally75 Wrote:I know requests can be overwhelming, but since people are making requests I figured I'd throw out something I've been hoping for for awhile.

Click on 'Movie' and select 'Scan All Movies For Fanart', this will show the ones without.
As for missing thumbs, that's coming soon.
Since you added the watched/unwatched button for movies, is it possible to do the same for tv episodes?
when using version 2.113 whenever i make an ajustment to a movie ie: change fanart or plot once i move off the movie and back onto it the unwatched button turns to watched even though i havent watched it
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7