• 77(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
Hitcher Wrote:TV shows are what Billy's working on next.

And then after that music?Big Grin

Please?

That would make this already great program perfect!!!!
I am working on TV shows now, i would expect about a month in total until all the work is completed, with several releases in between for testing new code.

Here is a list of things that I plan to implement/change over the coming weeks :-

Remove adding tv shows from the preferences menu, it doesn't belong there
Allow TV Show Folders to be listed as "Foldername" if tvshow.nfo does not exist or is invalid
Allow episode.nfo files for folders missing tvshow.nfo to be listed
Create a new form that allows TV Shows to be added or edited
Allow each TV Show to have its own settings with regards to "Sort Order" (DVD or Default) and "Language"
Display whether a TV Show is available in any listed language.

Extend the dont download actor thumbs when browsing option to include TV Shows, since actor thumbs are downloaded realtime it can slow the TV Show browsing down significantly.

Add Watched Toggle
Add rating to shows
Add certificate to shows
Add quicksave option to TV Show and episodes

Add new browser for posters/banners and fanart
Add mediainfo support for tvshows
Add Rar and DVD folder support for tv shows

Rebuilding the episode array is slow, particularly when the user has a large ammount of shows, often this is unneccesary such as when new episodes are added the code will be optimized so that this rebuild should only be required on startup.

If anyone feels I have missed anything then please feel free to leave a comment.

Once the above has been finnished I plan on implementing support for storing actor thumbs locally, this will not only speed up browsing, but stop XBMC needing to access the internet anything at all when scraping nfo files.

Then is when I plan on looking at adding support for music albums.
billyad2000 Wrote:---snipped-----
Once the above has been finnished I plan on implementing support for storing actor thumbs locally, this will not only speed up browsing, but stop XBMC needing to access the internet anything at all when scraping nfo files.

**Is xbmc still trying to access the internet even if I use media companion? Is this why it takes so long to update my library even after MC has already done its thing?

Then is when I plan on looking at adding support for music albums.

**Wow! I was only joking about the music scraper! Glad to see thats on the list!!

Thanks Billy!!
Out of curiosity,

Movies have IMDB and TMDb
TV Shows have TVDB

What is the best source for music info
Features on my wish list,
  1. Download subtitles
  2. Renaming of files/folders
  3. Scrape Actor details when scrapping the TV series
  4. Ability to highlight several movies (and in future episodes/seasons or shows) as watched or not
  5. A redesign of the interface (as features are added it is becoming a bit cluttered)
  6. Ability to resize Fanart and other images to an arbitrary size not just the two predefined ones
  7. The updates check doens't seem to work, it should check for new versions at every startup (or even when its running since I never close it down Smile)

Lastly this might seem a bit major but bear with me...
Add some automation to the above mentioned additions.
Meaning ability to define "watched folders" so when a tv show is downloaded MC would extract the file, rename it, move it to its proper folder, scrape everything about it and if possible trigger XBMC to update its library.

I am not asking for much after all Laugh

Seriously man....GREAT work!
billyad2000 Wrote:Out of curiosity,

Movies have IMDB and TMDb
TV Shows have TVDB

What is the best source for music info

XBMC uses allmusic, that's a good source.
Waffa Wrote:XBMC uses allmusic, that's a good source.

It is a good source for info, but I'm not sure about album art quality, (everything I saw was 200X200) and wouldn't be a good source for Artist Fanart, which I'm sure people are going to want to be high quality.
You're right didn't thought of that.

I use album art downloader at the moment, it's a nice aplication that searches different sources.
does that search your folder directory or do you have to type in the artist and album to find?
Type in the artist and album to find.

Yip it's a lot of work to do your collection but ones your done it's just adding new album and search for the cover.
The problem with music covers is that there isn't a source that has a large collection of big thumbs and you have to watch out for wrongly cropt covers (white borderlines).
billyad2000 Wrote:Allow each TV Show to have its own settings with regards to "Sort Order" (DVD or Default) and "Language"
Very welcome addition.
billyad2000 Wrote:If anyone feels I have missed anything then please feel free to leave a comment.
Just a 'Check for missing episode thumbs' option. Wink
I use allmusic.com for all the general information and album downloader for album covers. Then tag&rename to embed the info into my mp3's. I like thetvdb.com's setup. I'd like to see them do a similar site for music. Allmusic.com is good, but the site tends to be slow, probably do to the amount of traffic on the site.
I'm curious to try out this program but my issue is that all my video files are stored on the X-Box and I would prefer not to have to copy all the files to my computer to use this program then paste them back into the X-Box. Is there a way that it will allow me to connect into the X-Box (via FTP or whatever) and select my files then? Or will I have to copy all my files (500GB worth) to my computer first?
Anyone noticed that version 2.135 doesn't find new movies in the folders to watch sometimes?

I have to use 2.111 to find them.
billyad2000 Wrote:If anyone feels I have missed anything then please feel free to leave a comment.

I mentioned a suggestion earlier in this thread about highlighting missing TV episodes, but in case you missed it:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=264...tcount=922

-Dave
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7