• 82(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
Nice program that does pretty much what it's asked. Good work.

One problem which is not caused by MC but hopefully some here can answer

I have my movies Setup like this
Sum like this (all movies that are have two .avi or more) C:\movies\moviename\moviename.avi

Majority like this single .avi's C:\movies\moviename.avi

So the problem is XBMC is not picking up the fanart for the movies which are all together (gives all these movies the fanart from 1408 ie the first movie in that directory) . It is only picking up the fanart for the movies which are in their own folders.

The fanart in both cases is named "moviename-fanart"

Movie Refresh and also deleting thumbs from xbmc does nothing for the movies that are all in one folder however it updates the movies that are in their own individual folders nicely.

I found this in the wiki.

"You can also have your own custom fanart background.

* TV shows via fanart.jpg in the TV show folder.
* Movies via moviefilename-fanart.jpg in the relevant folder."

Found here
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Fanart

Am i right in this basically saying that if you want to use locally stored fanart that it needs to be with the movie in its own folder for it to work?

Like this C:\movies\moviename\moviename.avi
C:\movies\moviename\moviename-fanart.jpg

Sorry for long winded Question I'm sure there will be short answerBig Grin

Paybac
Guille779 Wrote:I'm getting an error when I select a movie directory with 317 items inside. Media Companion throws an .Net exception and can't read the directory. Is this a known issue?

I organized those 317 items into smaller sets (65 items in each folder) and everything seems to be working.

I work with folders containing many more movies than that without issue.

From the debug log you posted on the MC forum, it sounds like it may be a permissions issue
Paybac Wrote:Nice program that does pretty much what it's asked. Good work.

One problem which is not caused by MC but hopefully some here can answer

I have my movies Setup like this
Sum like this (all movies that are have two .avi or more) C:\movies\moviename\moviename.avi

Majority like this single .avi's C:\movies\moviename.avi

So the problem is XBMC is not picking up the fanart for the movies which are all together (gives all these movies the fanart from 1408 ie the first movie in that directory) . It is only picking up the fanart for the movies which are in their own folders.

The fanart in both cases is named "moviename-fanart"

Movie Refresh and also deleting thumbs from xbmc does nothing for the movies that are all in one folder however it updates the movies that are in their own individual folders nicely.

I found this in the wiki.

"You can also have your own custom fanart background.

* TV shows via fanart.jpg in the TV show folder.
* Movies via moviefilename-fanart.jpg in the relevant folder."

Found here
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Fanart

Am i right in this basically saying that if you want to use locally stored fanart that it needs to be with the movie in its own folder for it to work?

Like this C:\movies\moviename\moviename.avi
C:\movies\moviename\moviename-fanart.jpg

Sorry for long winded Question I'm sure there will be short answerBig Grin

Paybac

XBMC works fine with your setup, it's the same as mine.

I'm not sure what your problem is, i've not encountered it.
When you added the folder to XBMC and set the content, isn't there an option that states that all movies are in their own folder. If so check that you didn't select it
i didn't use this beautyfull software for a while and now, trying the newest version, i've found the almost perfection for my wish, almost cause some little problem, not yours but of italian.imdb.

the site, infact, do not translate the title in italian, it leaves the original...but the italian title is indicated as

alias "italian title" - Italy

is there a way to get this title as the principal in the nfo files?

and, is there a way to choice what field (plot, outplot, rating etc) import in nfo a what not?

thanks billyad2000
Quote:XBMC works fine with your setup, it's the same as mine.

I'm not sure what your problem is, i've not encountered it.
When you added the folder to XBMC and set the content, isn't there an option that states that all movies are in their own folder. If so check that you didn't select it

Not sure what the problem was but put all the movies and .nfos etc into their own files and everything works sweet. I think i prefer his setup now that i locally store fanart etc.

Paybac
is any one getting films that are scraped given the name na so i have to go in and put the correct name in to scrape it properly.

am using Media Companion 2.141

Blade Runner - The final cut does it with this gives the wrong film but then its name is na ?

also other films seem to have .nfo after there names in the new movie window like where na is in the pic.
Thumbs Up 
Hi I use MC in conjuction with xbmc on my xbox. In preferences i use the resize feature of 960x540.(<---Awesome)

I have just noticed that when you add you own Fanart with the browse feature(i.e. already locally stored fanart) MC doesn't resize those images to 960x540. It leaves them at their original size. Any chance of MC including the resize function on the add fanart browse feature?

Cheers,
Paybac
+1

Run into this also yesterday.
I get this too if it doesn't find a match. I think its for not available Smile

Mostly with files that i don't name correctly
I'd like to request a feature - automated TV scraping. By this I mean a setting that would make Media Companion monitor your TV folders every xx seconds for new episodes and scrape them automatically when a new episode is detected.

In my mind I'm thinking of something like:
- add "monitor TV folders" option in preferences. If enabled, it watches your TV folders for new episodes and automatically scrapes the nfo/tbn for detected episodes and saves them to disk
- allow "minimize to tray" so people can just leave it running

Also, a related feature that would be handy on its own: I'd love to see an option of "update XBMC library after scan". If enabled, you'd enter your XBMC IP/port and it updates your library using the HTTP interface "http://ip:port/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=XBMC.updatelibrary(video)" after any time it scans in a TV show. For movies it wouldn't be as useful because then XBMC wouldn't pick up your changes when you change the poster and nfo and stuff after the original scan but personally I don't manually update any of my TV episodes so that would be a great feature for me.

Any chance either of those things might make it into the program?
how do I get a newer version... the DL page does not have v 2.141?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
v2.141
Hey all,

I ripped my Planet Earth BD discs as individual episodes and they are muxed as .ts files. I set them up on the server as I would normally do with any other TV show. so

Planet Earth - Season_1 - Planet Earth s01e01 - something.ts

MC finds and scrapes the show just fine and I edited the main banner, but when I try to scrape the episodes I get nada.

Do the files all need to be .avi? I also tried to hide the extensions in windows but no luck. Checking the TVDB site the episodes are there under Season1 for Planet Earth. I have not ran into this before with any of my TV show, hence why I am assuming they need to be .avi if this is so, How do I scrape these episodes.

Billy, I am also still wondering about a print to text file instead of html, Tab delimited for excel would be awesome, maybe Movie, Path, Count, Type (SD or HD etc...

Thanks,

Dave
midgetspy Wrote:I'd like to request a feature - automated TV scraping. By this I mean a setting that would make Media Companion monitor your TV folders every xx seconds for new episodes and scrape them automatically when a new episode is detected.

In my mind I'm thinking of something like:
- add "monitor TV folders" option in preferences. If enabled, it watches your TV folders for new episodes and automatically scrapes the nfo/tbn for detected episodes and saves them to disk
- allow "minimize to tray" so people can just leave it running

It has been stated that some sort of automation as Billy is reworking the TV section. I am pretty excited about that part myself. Big Grin
New Version 2.201

Sorry about the delay in getting this up, everytime I thought it was about ready I discovered new issues that had to be resolved.
I am hoping that most people will find this works ok, but I will be working hard over the next few weeks to fix problems.

General Changes / Things you need to know

MC now stores all user configurable files in a "Media Companion" folder located in your users application data folder. This should solve issues with Vista permission issues when locating the program directory within "My Programs". When starting this version of the program all these files will be moves accordingly

MC now caches the media database on shutdown, these cache files are stored in the above folder, this should speed startup considerably for people using slow NAS/network devices.
The problem this causes is when things are changed outside of the program, if you were to rename a file then MC would not know and the data would be incorrect. To fix these problems I have added to the tools drop down menu, "Rebuild Movie Data" & "Rebuild TV Data", If you have a problem with folders or media not displaying properly then these are what you need to use.
I'm not sure of the overall benefit of these caches and may remove them in future versions, feedback on how much difference the cache makes would be nice

Profiles have been added, each profile has it's own configuration and cache file. Profiles can be added from within the preferences. One profile needs to be set as default, this profile cannot be deleted and is used as a template to create the config file when new profiles are created, any profile can be made the default. (This is useful for setting a options template)
Profiles can be switched between using the Drop Down "Profiles" menu, this menu is only visible if more than one profile exists.

Improvements to TV Show Handling

TV Shows are no longer added from the preferences, if you add a folder without a tvshow.nfo file it will be added to the combobox using the folder name. Any episodes within that folder can also be viewed. To create a tvshow.nfo file for such a folder just select the edit button.

The following tags have been added to each tvshow.nfo
<sortorder>default</sortorder>
<language>en</language>
<episodeactorsource>imdb</episodeactorsource>
The function of each is obvious and they allow episodes from each show to be scraped with different settings.

A toggle for setting the "watched" status of tv shows now exists, it works in the same as the movies.

A quicksave function has been added for TV Shows and Episodes, basic information can be edited and saved on the main TV Show/Episode page

Media info can now be viewed for TV Episodes.

TV Episodes are now added realtime as they are scraped.

Additional media types are now supported the full list is :-
avi, divx, img, mpg, mpeg, mov, rm, 3gp, m4v, wmv, asf, mp4, mkv, nrg, iso, rmvb, ogm, bin, ts, vob, m2ts
also supported are rar archives, with the same confines as movies
and
DVD folders are now supported, the season and episode(s) information needs to be in the foldername of the DVD folder eg, for lost season1 episodes 1,2,3 and 4
TV Shows\Lost\S01E01E02E03E04\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
or
TV Shows\Lost\S01E01E02E03E04\VIDEO_TS.IFO
As with movies the nfo will be saved in the DVD folder as VIDEO_TS.nfo and VIDEO_TS.tbn
Vob files will only be scraped if they are not in the same folder as a VIDEO_TS.IFO file

TV Show Fanart and Posters can now be selected in the same manner as movies, only one fanart can be downloaded per show. When scraping TV Shows, you can select whether to scrape posters or banners, or not at all. If you like to select your own then I suggest you select not to download when scraping to save bandwidth on TVDB.

The thumbnail capture facility using ffmpeg now lets you set the timepoint (in seconds) to grab the image in the tv episode edit window. Just remember that the higher the number the longer ffmpeg will take. I have also included the file "pthreadGC2.dll" in the download. Some people were unable to use this feature and I suspect that they are missing this file.

Downloading actor thumbs is now also disabled for tv shows and episodes when the option is set via the preferences. This can speed up browsing considerably.

For people having issues with the TV Episode scraper, the output log now reports any issues. This will be very useful to me when fixing issues with the episode scraper

Download Version 2.201

@Reginald
While some kind of automation may be coming in the future it is not a high priority, and I have never said otherwise.

@rodercot
.ts files are tested and work fine with this version, as do the extensions listed above
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7