• 84(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
Gangsta Wrote:This is by far the most accurate scraper I have used, the only problems im having, are occasional crashes, and i REALLY REALLY hate when my film title is changed, eg. if my film is called 'A fathers revenge' and its in a folder called 'A Fathers Revenge', and it matches an Alias of a film on IMDB, I still want my film called 'A Fathers Revenge', I dont want it changed to whatever IMdB thinks it should be (Especially when it changes to 'Das Rattennest'). So could u add an option of keeping your original title *if* it matches a film alias on imdb.

Apart from that - excellent stuff!

You do realize that Media Companiion allows you to edit each movie. right? If the IMDB scrape returns a name you don't like, just edit it to your liking.
yer, i realised that i could edit it, but that means going through 7Tb of movies looking for names i dont recognise, and then putting it right - thats a lot of work.

Thanks anyway Laugh
Billy, any chance of adding the option to have 'movie.tbn' and 'fanart.jpg' instead of <moviename>.nfo and <moviename>-fanart.jpg?
Gangsta Wrote:yer, i realised that i could edit it, but that means going through 7Tb of movies looking for names i dont recognise, and then putting it right - thats a lot of work.

Thanks anyway Laugh

Surely you didn't add 7TB of movies in a single sitting.

I check the names as I add them. I don't usually have an issue with IMDB titles, only with foreign movies, eg some old Jackie Chan movies are scraped with unreadable titles.
Hitcher Wrote:Billy, any chance of adding the option to have 'movie.tbn' and 'fanart.jpg' instead of <moviename>.nfo and <moviename>-fanart.jpg?

Yes, soon.
please billyad2000, consider my request (1219 1235) too, if possible.

When the titles become 1500 and more, it's very hard manually edit one at once Sad
Thanks for your creation
billyad2000 Wrote:Yes, soon.

Thanks. Big Grin
Gangsta Wrote:yer, i realised that i could edit it, but that means going through 7Tb of movies looking for names i dont recognise, and then putting it right - thats a lot of work.

Thanks anyway Laugh

Actually it may be quite easy to implement this, how about I add the option to keep the file/folder name (Cleaned) as the movie title.
New Version 2.203

Just a couple of things

Bugfixes
Error caused by missing "Media Companion" Folder within the application data folder
XML character translation error when adding newly scraped episode titles to the episode listbox
Changing profiles when using scraper threads caused issues, user now has choice to cancel scraper threads or keep with profile

Additional functions
To improve the speed of browsing an option has been added to skip checking for trailer files when loading info
An option has been added to keep file/folder name as movie title

Download Version 2.203
Billy, could the 'keep file/folder name as movie title' be separated to 'keep folder name as movie title or 'keep file name as movie title'?

I ask because I've just renamed my entire collection of films so they use the tag reading feature of AEON STARK and I'd really like MC to only use the folder name (as I've not renamed them) for the nfo file.

ie

Movies\21 Grams\21 Grams.720p.dts.bluray.mkv
Movies\21 Grams\21 Grams.nfo
Movies\21 Grams\movie.tbn
Movies\21 Grams\fanart.jpg

As it is now MC only uses the filename and creates another nfo when I already have one that MC made previously.

Movies\21 Grams\21 Grams.720p.dts.bluray.nfo

EDIT: It would also be great if 'movie.tbn' and 'fanart.jpg' could be displayed.
Hitcher Wrote:Billy, could the 'keep file/folder name as movie title' be separated to 'keep folder name as movie title or 'keep file name as movie title'?

I ask because I've just renamed my entire collection of films so they use the tag reading feature of AEON STARK and I'd really like MC to only use the folder name (as I've not renamed them) for the nfo file.

ie

Movies\21 Grams\21 Grams.720p.dts.bluray.mkv
Movies\21 Grams\21 Grams.nfo
Movies\21 Grams\movie.tbn
Movies\21 Grams\fanart.jpg

As it is now MC only uses the filename and creates another nfo when I already have one that MC made previously.

Movies\21 Grams\21 Grams.720p.dts.bluray.nfo

EDIT: It would also be great if 'movie.tbn' and 'fanart.jpg' could be displayed.

Support will be added over the next week for movie.nfo, fanart.jpg, and movie.tbn.

If you are using folder mode to get the media filename then the folder name will be used as the title. If you are not using folder mode then the cleaned filename will be used. I don't see the purpose of having seperate options.
Thanks man. For my needs your program still provides the best features and usability, except for fanart.jpg, movie.tbn etc =(
billyad2000 Wrote:Support will be added over the next week for movie.nfo, fanart.jpg, and movie.tbn.
Excellent, thanks.
billyad2000 Wrote:If you are using folder mode to get the media filename then the folder name will be used as the title. If you are not using folder mode then the cleaned filename will be used. I don't see the purpose of having seperate options.
That's what I thought but with 'Use Folder Names' checked and 'Keep file/folder name as movie title' unchecked the resulting nfo is still named after the actual movie file and not the folder. Huh
billyad2000 Wrote:Support will be added over the next week for movie.nfo, fanart.jpg, and movie.tbn.

Ahhh, =p right above my post and I didn't notice. Finally thanks, only thing stopping your app from being the perfect solution.
billyad2000 Wrote:Surely you didn't add 7TB of movies in a single sitting.

I check the names as I add them. I don't usually have an issue with IMDB titles, only with foreign movies, eg some old Jackie Chan movies are scraped with unreadable titles.

Do you mean to media companion, or to my system.

I already had the data for my films on disc for my main media system, then i just added the 7 root folders to media companion.
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7