• 92(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
smcnally75 Wrote:I just noticed this myself, but it isn't "gobbledegook" Wink. It is putting the hexadecimal equivalent of the character in the title for some reason and it seems to be an issue with the newest release.

It seems IMDB has switched from using deciaml to Hex in their character codes, I will update a fix today.
New Version 2.229

Fixed - x264 in episode filename would return multiepisode information for episode 264
Fixed - IMDB codes changed to hex
Fixed - Some New TV Shows would cause an exception when added
Fixed - Movie title & year not been updated in the movielist when changed via the edit window.
Possible fix - A generic error occurred in GDI+. was occuring when trying to save new fanart. This seems to be a .net issue and i've implemented a reccomended workaround. Due to the inconsistant nature of the error I have been unable to test with certainty.

New - Check TVDB for missing episode thumbs, located in the TV Menu
New - RegEx manager, add, remove & test TV Episode Regular expressions
New - Force MC to store user settings in local directory, to enable this create a folder "Settings" located in the application root folder. If you do not want to loose your current settings then move them into the new Settings folder.

Note, the TVDB API is down at the moment and any issues with scraping episodes is due to that.

Download Version 2.229
The error when you rebuild you tv shows or movies is still in here here is the error code i get.

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'message_box'.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CenterToParent()
   at Media_Companion.message_box.message_box_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Companion 2.229
    Assembly Version: 2.2.2.9
    Win32 Version: 2.2.2.9
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/My%20Stuff/XBMC%20Stuff/Programs/Media%20Companion/Media%20Companion%202.229.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
billyad2000 Wrote:Note, the TVDB API is down at the moment and any issues with scraping episodes is due to that.

MC should still find new episodes though, right? It just won't be able to get the info for them, right? If so, then I'm having some other problem.
RockDawg Wrote:I setup nfo files in each TV show folder. The nfo contains the tvdb.com url to the show's main page. I still don't get any shows to show up or episodes to scrape. Sometimes I add the show folder and save and come right back and it's missing like I never even added it. Other times when I select the folder it doesn't even add it to the folder list at all. When it does show and stay after a save, scanning for new episodes just says nonew episodes found. Twice I've uninstalled and re-installed MC to no avail. I've tried both 2.220 and 2.209.

Can anybody help me out here? I'd really like to get my TV shows working.

Remove the nfo file, MC creates its own.

Add the TV Show Folder in the preferences, every show must have it's own folder.

Now on the TV Browser select the TV Show from the drop down menu, since no .nfo has been created yet it will be listed as the folder name.

Now select the "Edit" button, this will take you through scraping the correct tvshow details.

After this has been done then the "Media Search" button will automatically add the shows episodes assuming they are named to a supported regex, the hardcoded regex supports s01e02 and 01x02 etc. You can now add custom regex, and even test them from the preferences.
Your latest build bugs out after scraping 20 movies. Happens every time on XP and Vista. The progress bar at the bottom always takes 20 movies to fill up as well, so I'm assuming it's connected.

Quote:See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '103' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
at System.Windows.Forms.ProgressBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripProgressBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_ProgressChanged(Object sender, ProgressChangedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnProgressChanged(ProgressChangedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.ProgressReporter(Object arg)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///E:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Media Companion 2.229
Assembly Version: 2.2.2.9
Win32 Version: 2.2.2.9
CodeBase: file:///E:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/XBMC%20Media%20Companion%201.911/Media%20Companion%202.229.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///E:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///E:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///E:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///E:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///E:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///E:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///E:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///E:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Glad to see the missing episode search added. This is exactly the functionality I wanted and it looked like it was going to work (actually got some missing thumbs) but the search ends abruptly with the following error which prevents the search getting past the B's in my system:

Episode Found
Show Title : Battlestar Galactica (2003)
Episode Title : Daybreak (3)
Season No : 4 Episode no : 21
Checking for thumbnail : V:\TV Shows\Battlestar Galactica (2003)\04x21 - Daybreak (3).tbn
Thumbnail Missing, checking TVDB

Error, exiting movie scraper
Error:-
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at Media_Companion.Form1.bckepisodethumb_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
404 means the page you are scraping is down. TheTVDB has been having server issues as mentioned earlier in the thread.
I realy like this program can you pls add support for media flags for new Aeon skin?
I actually determined that the problem for me was that TVDB has the Battlestar finale (a two hour episode) listed as a single episode rather than the two one hour parts I had it in my files. There was no chance of it ever finding the second episode (episode "04x23"). Once I combined these files to match the TVDB mapping, the search finished successfully all the way through. So this is now more an issue of valid error condition trapping for MC. The search shouldn't fail simply because of a single 404 - rather note that in the log and move on.

On that same topic, it would be nice if there was an option to only log when changes were made. Scanning through a log of 3000+ episodes to see that most already have a thumb makes it really easy to miss those that were updated. It would be nice if the log only included those that either updated or were unsuccessful for any reason (404, 500, etc). It might also be useful to see a list of shows without a thumb so you could opt to create a thumb using ffmpeg (and potentially submit to TVDB for everyone's use).

Overall however, I love this new feature.
I'm getting the same errors as djh I think, with the latest build.

Scraping 200 movies, this error pops up all the time (with a different number as value each time). Scraping continues anyway it seems.

---
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Værdien '223' er ugyldig for 'Value'. 'Value' skal være mellem 'minimum' og 'maximum'.
Parameternavn: Value
ved System.Windows.Forms.ProgressBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
ved System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripProgressBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
ved Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_ProgressChanged(Object sender, ProgressChangedEventArgs e)
ved System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnProgressChanged(ProgressChangedEventArgs e)
ved System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.ProgressReporter(Object arg)
---
New Version 2.233

This should fix most of the issues that affected version 2.229

Fixed - Progress Bar Issue
Fixed - 404 Exception when TVDB API unavailable when searching for episode thumbs
Fixed - Exception when performing rebuild
Fixed - Auto TV Scraper not filtering Hex Tags when scraping IMDB actors for episodes.

Changed - Both fanart and Episode thumbnail search will now only list new images in the output log

Download Version 2.233
Billy,
Are you going to add Media Flag support?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
FYI, I found out that if you have an NFO file in a TV show directory and MC doesn't like it, it will not add any folders after AND including the TV show with the bad NFO file (when adding by a root folder). Example:

Code:
TV SHOWS\
    \A Different World
    \Boy Meets World
    \House            <---------------Bad NFO file
    \Two and a Half Men
    \Will & Grace

If you add the root folder TV SHOWS and House has a bad NFO file (by bad I mean an NFO file with thetvdb address in it of the show) it will not be added to the list and neither will Two and a Half Men or Will & Grace. It cuts them off. You CAN add Two and a Half Men and Will & Grace manually but not by picking the root folder.

Hopefully that makes sense.

J_K_M_A_N

But I have finally gotten all my TV shows scanned!! Thanks so much for this kick ass program.
billyad2000 Wrote:Changed - Both fanart and Episode thumbnail search will now only list new images in the output log

Just ran a check for missing episode thumbs and it displayed the results for all the episodes that don't have thumbs but said it had saved them. When I checked they were all 70kb but couldn't be opened.
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7