• 100(current)
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
Its just looking at the name of the root folder and constantly scraping that. But back in the actual folder it seems to be bringing in the correct information. Bit of a mess though.
Ah, worked that out too, seems that if there are no folders in the folder, turning off 'use folders for names' fixes it.

Although I am clearly a muppet I though that by selecting my movies folder it would be looking within it for data not the folder itself (If you know what I mean)
Having worked through my teething problems, this application is excellent.

Many thanks
LaTropa64 Wrote:XBMC gives locally stored artwork and nfo's precedence over an IMDB search. If there's already a poster stored locally, XBMC assumes that's the one you want to use so it has no need to check the web for others.

Thanks!
I have no idea how it all works but I must say that storing the artwork locally speeds up XBMC no end, not just because it does not have to scrape, but moving through menus etc. Much quicker for me.

Does not make much sense to me as my movies are on a NAS, and presumably XBMC needs to pull the artwork up each time I select the movie, so to my mind it should be slower?
garyi Wrote:I have no idea how it all works but I must say that storing the artwork locally speeds up XBMC no end, not just because it does not have to scrape, but moving through menus etc. Much quicker for me.

Does not make much sense to me as my movies are on a NAS, and presumably XBMC needs to pull the artwork up each time I select the movie, so to my mind it should be slower?

xbmc caches the images locally so it only needs to get the images once and does not pull the images again whenever you select a movie, i use a nas with all my movies / tvshows / music and speed is not an issue.
Well all I can say is, having the info stored locally has sped XBMC up for me significantly.
@billyad2000

Please take these two feature requests into consideration:

- Creating HD media tags is a relatively new feature. Would be great to have an option to update all, already scraped movies with media tag info, without loosing modifications what have been done on the movie

- Would also be great to be able to mass update an info on selected movies. Personally I am facing now with a situation, that I would like to include huge number of movies into a custom genre. Today I only can add the movies into the new genre one by one. If only there would be an option to select movies and add all selected into a genre.
During TV shows scraping I receive the following errors in the log:

Code:
Default TVDB Scraper Language is :- English
Default TVDB Scraper API Language Code is :- en
Default TVDB Scraper Episode Order Is Set At :- default
Overwrite Thumbnails Is :- False

Starting Scan For New TV Epsiodes

Actors to Be Scraped From TVDB
55 New Episodes Found

The Following episodes are in the queue:-

Found For TV Show :- Terminátor - Sarah Connor krónikái, Episode :-\\tower\movies\tv series\Terminator - The Sarah Connor Chronicles\Terminator.The.Sarah.Connor.Chronicles.S01.1080p.BluRay.HuN.EnG.x264-TRiNiTY\trinity-terminator.tscc.s01e06.1080p.nfo
Season :- 1
Episode :- 6
URL For Episode :- http://thetvdb.com/api/6E82FED600783400/series/80344/default/1/6/hu.xml
TVDB API Returned Valid XML

Error, exiting movie scraper
Error:-
System.NullReferenceException: Object variable or With block variable not set.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container..ctor(Object Instance)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.scrapeepisodes()
   at Media_Companion.Form1.bckgroundscanepisodes_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Could anyone please point me on where to find a solution?

Thank you!
I didn't update media companion.
I get a similar problem since today

Maybe a change in the thetvdb.com api?
or possibly a windows update to the .net framework that is messing it up.
I have 22 new episodes to scrape. None get added. here's the log

Code:
TVDB Scraper Language is :- English
TVDB Scraper API Language Code is :- en
TVDB Scraper Episode Order Is Set At :- default

22 New Episodes Found

Found For TV Show :- The Simpsons, Episode :-\\mediacenter\g\tv\The Simpsons\Season 4\Simpsons 04x01 - Kamp Krusty [rl].nfo
Season :- 4
Episode :- 1
URL For Episode :- http://thetvdb.com/api/6E82FED600783400/series/71663/default/4/1/en.xml
I posted this on the MC forums, but figured it wouldn't hurt to post here as well.

"I used MC a while ago and it worked great. Unfortunately my HD crashed and I lost everything.

I just recently got my movie collection back in order and I downloaded the latest MC version. It started fine, and I loaded all of the settings. I pressed the scrape movies button at the top and it scanned all of my folders and about a quarter of the way through it crashed.

I restarted the program and it crashed again. I repeated this a number of times and it keeps crashing. However, each time I open up the program after it crashes, more and more movies have been added to the left.

Is there something that I am missing or a log that I can upload?

::EDIT:: After further inspection, I notice that it crashes everytime it scans folder 259 of 551. I went to folder 259 to see what it was and there was nothing different about it. Just to be sure I deleted it, and it still crashed when scanning folder 259. Thinking that I might have counted wrong, I deleted the 4 folders before and 4 folders after. Scanned again, and still same result. I tried downgrading to version 2.284 (I was using 2.287) and it still crashes when it reaches folder 259. I then took out the root folder that folder "259" resides on, and it scanned all of my HD movies fine, and scrapped them all fine without crashing as well.

::EDIT2:: Well after investigating further, it has nothing to do with the actual movie folder, but just the 259th folder that MC scans. I found this out when I removed the problematic directory then scanned the smaller directory (contained a 150 or so folders). I then added a small number of folders back into MC and no matter what the 259th folder is, MC consistently crashes when scanning the 259th folder."

I also am having a problem with a 9 part movie. It seems that MC only regonizes the first 2 parts as being stacked. Anyway to change that?
Sad 
Media Companion is a great little app and is certainly my choice for nfo file generation and management. however i must say that the development has certainly been stagnent for a wile and i was wondering why. i can understant the developer wanting to retain control over the code base but perhaps it would be better for the comunity if it was released or if a few more developers started working on the project. the reason i even mention this is because TV scraping has been a nightmeer, some have reasoned that it is a problem with the tv bd but the site is accessible so i dont think it is there problem. however if i am mistaken then tell me how to make this great little app actualy scrape the TV episode data.

here is an output log but no nfo or fan are or anything is created...

Quote:TVDB Scraper Language is :- English
TVDB Scraper API Language Code is :- en
TVDB Scraper Episode Order Is Set At :- default

2 New Episodes Found

Found For TV Show :- House, Episode :-\\192.168.0.191\databank\home media\video\television shows\HOUSE\SEASON 4\HOUSE_s04e11-e12-e13-e14.nfo
Regex returned a multiple episode file, searching for episodes :-
Season 4, Episode 11
Season 4, Episode 12
Season 4, Episode 13
Season 4, Episode 14
URL For Episode :- http://thetvdb.com/api/6E82FED600783400/.../11/en.xml
olympia Wrote:During TV shows scraping I receive the following errors in the log:

Code:
Default TVDB Scraper Language is :- English
Default TVDB Scraper API Language Code is :- en
Default TVDB Scraper Episode Order Is Set At :- default

55 New Episodes Found

Found For TV Show :- Terminátor - Sarah Connor krónikái, Episode :-\\tower\movies\tv series\Terminator - The Sarah Connor Chronicles\Terminator.The.Sarah.Connor.Chronicles.S01.1080p.BluRay.HuN.EnG.x264-TRiNiTY\trinity-terminator.tscc.s01e06.1080p.nfo
Season :- 1
Episode :- 6
URL For Episode :- http://thetvdb.com/api/6E82FED600783400/series/80344/default/1/6/hu.xml

Error, exiting movie scraper
Error:-
System.NullReferenceException: Object variable or With block variable not set.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container..ctor(Object Instance)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.scrapeepisodes()
   at Media_Companion.Form1.bckgroundscanepisodes_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Could anyone please point me on where to find a solution?

Thank you!

I am getting this exact same error.

Any help would be appreciated
Same exact error here, hope someone figures this out soon...
Sad 
so is this ever going to get fixed or can we consider that this piece of software is dead (abandon ware)?
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows7