Mythtv 30 support
Has anybody tried this with mythtv 30 yet? It was just recently released. While I won't likely be upgrading right away, I thought I would investigate whether it is safe to do so when the time comes.
Fully supported. Also i updated the synopsis of the release 5.10.4 to communicate about.
Nice. Thanks @janbar.
personally i'd wait until at least 30.1 drops, early bird catches the bugs.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
(2019-01-27, 02:50)janbar Wrote: Fully supported. Also i updated the synopsis of the release 5.10.4 to communicate about.

Are you sure? I am not getting any live video stream or recorded video streams from a Mythtv v 30.0 server. Programme data is there. as are the channels. But no icons and when selecting a channel I just get a scrolling "Channel Unavailable" graphic. When running a myth frontend locally it plays back fine.

This is with v 4.15.3 of the addon on Kodi 17.4 from OSMC on a Vero 4K+ box.
@lookidok, yes I am pretty sure. I runs mythtv-30-pre since a year. So I guess you have few issues with the mythtv settings. In this forum section you willl find some threads to help resolving the Icons issue, and others (not aged) to resolve the playback issue.
For your playback issue you could share your kodi log.
Also you should upgrade to kodi Leia.
(2019-02-06, 11:08)janbar Wrote: @lookidok, yes I am pretty sure. I runs mythtv-30-pre since a year. So I guess you have few issues with the mythtv settings. In this forum section you willl find some threads to help resolving the Icons issue, and others (not aged) to resolve the playback issue.

I want to upgrade my backend to 30.0 and want verify that this works okay?  I dont hear much chatter so everything must be okay?

Thanks.
(2019-05-09, 05:58)iitywygms Wrote:
(2019-02-06, 11:08)janbar Wrote: @lookidok, yes I am pretty sure. I runs mythtv-30-pre since a year. So I guess you have few issues with the mythtv settings. In this forum section you willl find some threads to help resolving the Icons issue, and others (not aged) to resolve the playback issue.

I want to upgrade my backend to 30.0 and want verify that this works okay?  I dont hear much chatter so everything must be okay?

Thanks. 
I've been running v30 for 2 months or so, no issues at all
It has been working well for me, too.
I just updated from Fedora 28 to 29, therefore getting Kodi Leah 28.3 with the update. However, even though my system says it has kodi-pvr-mythtv v5.10.2 rpm installed, the MythTV PVR addon within Kodi is reporting it is version 5.8.6. Where could this stray 5.8.6 be coming from? It is suffering from connecting to my Myth v30 backend. It works the first time I set it up, then always crashes Kodi after a restart/reboot, so I am assuming it really is using v 5.8.6 and not 5.10..2. Any idea where to begin looking to fix this?

EDIT: It looks like the rpm maintainers have messed up actually. When I query the kodi-pvr-mythtv v5.10.2 rpm for the file list, I get this.
Code:
Installed:
  kodi-pvr-mythtv-1:5.10.2-1.fc29.x86_64                                                                                                    

Complete!
[root@garage addons]# rpm -ql kodi-pvr-mythtv
/usr/lib/.build-id
/usr/lib/.build-id/1c
/usr/lib/.build-id/1c/088c800646efc0c77e575412c9e3549d2ce72b
/usr/lib64/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv
/usr/lib64/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/pvr.mythtv.so
/usr/lib64/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/pvr.mythtv.so.18.0
/usr/lib64/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/pvr.mythtv.so.5.8.6
/usr/share/doc/kodi-pvr-mythtv
/usr/share/doc/kodi-pvr-mythtv/README.md
/usr/share/doc/kodi-pvr-mythtv/changelog.txt
/usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv
/usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/addon.xml
/usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/changelog.txt
/usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/icon.png
/usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/resources
/usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/resources/channel.png
/usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/resources/channel_unavailable.ts
/usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/resources/eit_categories.txt
/usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/resources/language
/usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/resources/language/resource.language.af_za
/usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/resources/recording.png
/usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/resources/settings.xml

As you can see, 5.8.6 is clearly the installed version from a 5.10.2 rpm. Looks like I need to send a message to the maintainers of this RPM. Until they get this fixed, can I just build it from sourcecode and it be usable with an rpm installed version of Kodi?

Thanks
I was finally able to build the 5.10.4 version of pvr-mythtv against the v18.3 RPM and it works now. I also notified the maintainer (thru Fusion bugzilla) for kodi-pvr-mythtv about the problem with the rpm, so hopefully it will be fixed upstream soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mythtv 30 support0