add-ons for Chinese TV CNTV/CCTV
I tried to install this add-on, but seems to be dead (last post was 2 years ago), tried to follow the instructions but seems not working. Is there an addo-on out there that can access Chinese TV (CNTV/CCTV or others of Chinese language)?
Thanks for your comments/suggestion. MX Linux 21, Kodi 19.1
Michael
There was a 3rd party repo being maintained for chinese add-ons, see here.

Quite what is in it or how maintained it is I don't know, but it may be worth a look?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-01-31, 15:35)DarrenHill Wrote: There was a 3rd party repo being maintained for chinese add-ons, see here.

Quite what is in it or how maintained it is I don't know, but it may be worth a look?
Hi Darren:
Thanks for your reply, actually that's the post that I wrote in my post, the last entry was 2 years ago, so not sure if it's still active, but on the other side, I didn't know that the download could take that long, today I went back and the addon was installed, and I could add those channels.
Michael
Ah yes so you did - sorry about that Wink

Anyway sounds like you got it going now anyway that way?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-01-31, 18:20)DarrenHill Wrote: Ah yes so you did - sorry about that Wink

Anyway sounds like you got it going now anyway that way?
Yes, it's working, it just took a while to download the file. Thanks.
Michael
(2019-01-31, 18:33)DarrenHill Wrote: Thread marked solved.
Good day Darren, sorry to bother you again, I thought it was working, but what happened is the channels are listed, but when I tried to watch it, gave me error, so I'm afraid it's dead. I tried several channels, all the same. Sorry I didn't check it further.
Michael
Thread unmarked...

You're maybe best posting in the repo thread, or contacting the author unless it's specific add-ons in it, at which point you should try and contact the add-on author.

As it's a 3rd party repo the Team Kodi officially isn't involved in it, although I see at least one team member is privately involved.

Best place to start would probably be on the repo GitHub page - here.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-02-03, 18:36)DarrenHill Wrote: Thread unmarked...

You're maybe best posting in the repo thread, or contacting the author unless it's specific add-ons in it, at which point you should try and contact the add-on author.

As it's a 3rd party repo the Team Kodi officially isn't involved in it, although I see at least one team member is privately involved.

Best place to start would probably be on the repo GitHub page - here.
Thanks for the tips, already posted questions in the repo GitHub given above.
Michael

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
add-ons for Chinese TV CNTV/CCTV0