Solved Failing to build Kodi 18 natively on Raspberry Pi 2B running HardFloat ARM Linux
Thanks! It's popcormix's branch I used first with Kodi 17, a few years ago, and switched to the official Kodi17 when it was officially released.
I wasn't aware that the code from newclock5 was not yet merged into the stable official Kodi 18 tree. I should have checked that. Nevertheless, I'll give it a try, but again, Kodi 17.4 is perfect for my needs. Kodi 17.5 had some changes in the audio engine that blew my kernel - mentioned it here in the forum. Happy now that I learned how to build Kodi 18 and also documented the build process for the Slackware ARM fellows:
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions...175647585/

Besides, I only use Pi Zero boards for Kodi, same GPU as in Pi2/Pi3,  they are very cheap, very stable, no overheating&throttling and  fast enough for playing everything up to 1080p with OMX and BOB deinterlacing. I own 3 such boards for which I recreated the audio electronics (a few electronic components) from the Pi3 board and re-routing the audio outputs from the Soc in /boot/config.txt. Using them mainly for playing TV (tvheadend), online radio, some movies and YouTube. They rock!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Failing to build Kodi 18 natively on Raspberry Pi 2B running HardFloat ARM Linux0