Video Library: "Recently watched TV Show Episodes" / "Recently watched Movies"
Lightbulb 
We already have 'Recently added movies' and 'Recently added episodes' in the video Library. Would it be hard to add a 'Recently watched shows' ? Our TV show library is growing quite large (60 shows now, and counting) but we never watch more than a few at the time.

Currently I get by that by using file mode (I know, I know) and having 'current shows' in grouped in a separate folder. Since I use PMIII I have placed 15 shows in this folder to make it fit nicely on the screen with Small Icons.

If it would be possible to get a 'Recently watched shows' feature where the number of shows could be configurable, we could achieve a similar feature in Library view and get all the goodness that that brings along.
It's not hard but it will require a change to the database schema. Xbmc knows how many times something's been watched (technically played), and if its been flagged as watched (played mostly to the end or manually marked as watched). For this, Xbmc would need to keep track of the last time it was watched (or played?)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I guess the more complicated requirement comes with the fact that I'm interested in the shows as a whole rather than individual episodes ?

We've been watching Six Feet Under at home the last week or so (Great show !) so the last 15 episodes of anything is all from that show, but the 'Recently watched shows' screen would only have changed one time.

PS. Glad to see that some of the xbmc developers are still online working hard while the rest of the bunch is in Amsterdam Big Grin
No, that's not any more complicated. That would be possible if Xbmc had a "last watched" timestamp in the database. The TV Show's timestamp entry could just as easily get updated whenever an episode is updated.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I would agree... A recent watched would be great. I have over 200 movies and having to thumb through every time is a pain
It should be doable through smart playlists
Date watched isn't stored yet though, so we'd need that first.

"Last Watched" date stamp was discussed here (has Trac)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35785&page=3
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Library: "Recently watched TV Show Episodes" / "Recently watched Movies"0