Links to 3 most popular service addons (hulu, netflix, prime)?
First off, I am trying to configure a raspberry pi so I am hoping the development of the add-ons has gotten to the point where these are available.  But for everyone else, it would be great to have a central location for the links of the add-ons under development.

So can anyone please provide a link to the files and installation instructions for:

Hulu: [provide info here]

Netflix: [provide info here]

Amazon Prime: [provide info here]

Thanks.  I have found a lot of urls that don't work any long or instructions that fail in some way.
Threads on this very forum have 2/3'rds of what you're looking for:

Amazon Prime: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331136

Netflix: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329767

Both work just fine on my Pi 3. There's currently no Hulu addon from what I can tell.
(2019-02-10, 00:51)amrothery Wrote: Threads on this very forum have 2/3'rds of what you're looking for:

Amazon Prime: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331136

Netflix: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329767

Both work just fine on my Pi 3. There's currently no Hulu addon from what I can tell.
Thank!  This should help a lot!  I sure hope hulu comes to the kodi/pi soon.
Well I am a newbee in Android TV and Kodi world.

I am trying to find reliable Amazon Prime and Netflix add-ons for Kodi
Amazon Prime and Netflix sound is Dolby Digital+. My antique AVR is only Dolby Digital.
My reasons to prefer Kodi add-on is that Kodi, unlike Amazon Prime native app, allows to trancode properly Dolby Digital+ (EAC3) to Dolby Digital (AC3) audio streams.

The big question mark I have about the add-ons you propose here are : how can it be made sure that these add-on will not take my Amazon Prime or Netflix credentials and use it ?
(2019-03-23, 19:03)cje67 Wrote: The big question mark I have about the add-ons you propose here are : how can it be made sure that these add-on will not take my Amazon Prime or Netflix credentials and use it ?
Option 1:  examine the code line by line.

Option 2: look at who's providing the scripts, how many people are using them and what feedback they are providing.

Ultimately option 2 is based on trust.  Any kodi addon can root around in all your data.
Well I hope that Kodi add-ons can not access any main Kodi app or other add-ons data.

This is a software security baseline isn't it ?

On the other hand there are most of the time counterparts when using free software. Either you yets lots of advertisment or the sofware provider with use your personal data

As a conclusion : there is nothing in your answer that let's me think theses add-ons are safe.
Addons are not sandboxed, although they can't access each other's data.

This is really one of the main points why we make so much fuss about banned addons (wiki). It's not just piracy, it's that those addons can access anything that Kodi can. And so if people go against our advice and run Kodi with admin privs or such, basically you're opening up your machine to those addons.

All of the addons within our official repo have been reviewed by team members to ensure that they are legitimate and don't abuse things. But this is not true of 3rd party repos necessarily, so any such checking is down to the user. Or failing that, it's again down to whether you trust the author and/or the site you're getting them from. And especially again for the piracy add-ons, if someone is writing an add-on in the clear knowledge that the sources they are making use of are illegal, can you really give them such trust? This is also why we don't like builds (as they take away that conscious choice) and also "all in one" repos like Super Repo (as they open a huge security hole of overwriting legitimate addons with malicious clones that have been deliberately set to have a higher version number. There has been some discussion on that last point (limiting updates to the install repo for example), but they've always had problems (beta vs release repos for example).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-03-28, 11:21)cje67 Wrote: Well I hope that Kodi add-ons can not access any main Kodi app or other add-ons data.

This is a software security baseline isn't it ?

On the other hand there are most of the time counterparts when using free software. Either you yets lots of advertisment or the sofware provider with use your personal data

As a conclusion : there is nothing in your answer that let's me think theses add-ons are safe.
Don't use them then.  It's really as simple as that.
(2019-03-28, 14:34)DarrenHill Wrote: Addons are not sandboxed, although they can't access each other's data.
I'm a little confused by this.  What's stopping one addon from accessing another addon's dataHuh
(2019-03-28, 14:59)trogggy Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 14:34)DarrenHill Wrote: Addons are not sandboxed, although they can't access each other's data.
I'm a little confused by this.  What's stopping one addon from accessing another addon's dataHuh

Add-on to add-on within Kodi itself isn't allowed (add-ons can only write to their own data folders for example), but add-ons aren't isolated from the storage of the machine on which Kodi is running, or as noted they have the same access rights that Kodi itself does.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-03-28, 15:12)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 14:59)trogggy Wrote:

Add-on to add-on within Kodi itself isn't allowed (add-ons can only write to their own data folders for example), but add-ons aren't isolated from the storage of the machine on which Kodi is running, or as noted they have the same access rights that Kodi itself does.    
Are you talking about the official repo rules?  Because it reads as though you're saying it's not possible, which isn't my experience.
An addon can write anywhere the system can write to as far as I'm aware, they can certainly write to other folders in addon_data..
It was my understanding that such interactions weren't possible (as there have been some legitimate cases where two addons were wanting to interact and couldn't without user assistance). Maybe I'm wrong.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-03-30, 12:14)DarrenHill Wrote: It was my understanding that such interactions weren't possible (as there have been some legitimate cases where two addons were wanting to interact and couldn't without user assistance). Maybe I'm wrong.
There may well be limitations on the way they interact within kodi, but not in terms of access to files and folders.  It's not so long ago that the kiddies were deleting each others' repos and addons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Links to 3 most popular service addons (hulu, netflix, prime)?0