TVheadend add-on: error when stopping direct recording in Kodi
Hello!

I’ve got a new setup, works fine so far:
  • Server: TVheadend 4.2.8-4 from the Ubuntu-PPA on Ubuntu 16.04
  • Clients: Kodi 18.0 from the Ubuntu-PPA on Ubuntu 18.04 or 16.04 (same results on both verstions concerning my problem)
When I do a direct recording from a running channel (round button, gets red when hit) I see the recording in the TVheadend web interface as it should (under "Upcoming / Current Recordings"). When I hit the record button again to stop the recording it appears under "Failed Recordings" with comment "Aborted by user". The video file contains data (is playable) but is corrupted. In Kodi, the recording seems to go on. When I hit the (still red) record button a second time then, it brings up a message box saying "Could not stop the recording. Check the log for more information about this message."

In the log, I find:

Code:
01:36:16.084 T:139873561646016   ERROR: Control 602 in window 12901 has been asked to focus, but it can't
01:36:31.676 T:139873561646016   ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Command cancelDvrEntry failed: Benutzer hat keinen Zugang
01:36:31.676 T:139873561646016   ERROR: DeleteTimer: Add-on 'Tvheadend:my.server.address:9982' returned an error: server error

Kodi needs to be restarted to get rid of the recording status of the respecitive program, though the recording has been stopped.

I can successfully stop and finalize a recording in the TVheadend web interface, no regards if it was started there or from Kodi.

Thanks for any helpful reply!
You can follow the discussion here:

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/issues/299
Thank you for the hint!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVheadend add-on: error when stopping direct recording in Kodi0