v18 Custom Nodes - specifically how can I make my music video collection accessible
I am saying the specifics of video library (in music videos) navigation works differently to music library.  For example music goes genres > artists > albums > songs, but videos go genres > videos. Is that really so surprizing? Anyway that is what it does.

Quote:Yes I have added my music videos to my library. And it has been a pain as for some odd reason music video meta tags (mkv and mp4) aren't read from the files... another odd design decision as far I'm concerned.
I think tag support for videos has been added in v18. It is not as if there has ever been a active descison to preclude such a thing, simply history. Video library came first, and most then (and now) are not tagged so NFO files were used istead. Music does have a history of metatdata, so music library was implemented to take advantage of them. Finally music video support was added as an after thought as a kind of video with some properties in common with music. If someone wants to extent that support then they are free to volunteer their skills and time, it just has not happened yet.

Quote:My issue is, that going from genre to song/video with ten-thousand-odd videos in a handful of genres isn't really an option as that makes an average of 2000 videos to scroll through to find what I want...
I understand the problem.  Unfortunately the side blade filter doesn't offer much (anything??) for videos, so my music suggestions won't work. I have extended the filter options for music to make it a useful dynamic filtering feature, I guess no one has bothered to do the same for the video library.

You can make smart playlists (or filter type custom nodes) based on say genre and year rules, but that will mean manual effort creating a custom node for each combination so not ideal.

Perhaps someone else may have some suggestions for you, if they have lots of music videos I'm sure they have had similar problems.

I have edited the thread title to maybe attract someone with an answer for musicvideos

Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom Menu Structures - by Karellen - 2019-02-13, 21:06
RE: Custom Menu Structures - by DaveBlake - 2019-02-15, 15:35
RE: Custom Menu Structures - by Nedorus - 2019-02-16, 19:04
RE: Custom Menu Structures - by DaveBlake - 2019-02-16, 20:21
RE: Custom Menu Structures - by Nedorus - 2019-02-18, 11:03
RE: Custom Menu Structures - by DaveBlake - 2019-02-18, 15:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Nodes - specifically how can I make my music video collection accessible0