Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2020-05-17, 00:55)madmax2 Wrote: The main advantage of having android OS with kodi installed is, I can also install many android games and apps from the very large google play store..
this gives the N2 much more versatility and turns my TV into an android TV (media playback, gaming, apps) which is very nice to have and would be much more smarter than many smart TVs currently selling 

Get a Nvidia Shield if you also want a Games machine, snappy Kodi device, with good Firmware support and also accompanying Android TV Apps. Regular Android Tablet Apps have to be sideloaded.

The Shield is the solution of you also want to stream paid for copy protected video using Netflix, Amazon Prime etc

There is No auto Frame Rate Matching, No auto Resolution Switching, No HD Audio, NO deinterlacing and a whole bunch more is missing if you go down the Android Kodi route on the ODROID N2.

What you can do is dual boot Android OS / CoreELEC via a N2 function called Petitboot at boot up (see HardKernel forums for that). You have Android running from an eMMC and CoreELEC on a microSDHC or USB3 stick.
However no idea with Android about games controller support, again see HardKernel forum.
You are in DIY territory with all that.

The Ugoos AM6 has Dual boot Android / CoreELEC Firmware as well that you can DIY flash to internal storage:
https://ugoos.com/beta-dual-boot-firmwar...ies-models
AM6 also has Android games controller remapping functionality baked into its Firmware I believe after seeing some YouTube videos on it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by wrxtasy - 2020-05-17, 03:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4