Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
Ordered another CoreElec Odroid N2 last night bringing my total to 6.

4 will stay as CoreElec running off the supplied SD Cards.

2 will have Android KODI installed on 16gb eMMC cards for speed. These two boxes are for the 2 TV's/Rooms that can't/won't have a Virgin TV Set Top Box. They'll have Virgins VirginTV Anywhere Android app installed and started from the Main Menu inside KODI. Tested and working fantastic. 

However, I'm also thrilled to discover Netflix and Amazon VOD Add-ons for KODI both of which various family members have membership for. Already tested the NetflixAdd-on on my N2 Android test machine and it works like a Dream. Amazon VOD Add-on I'm having trouble with as its taking for ever to load into some menu items within it with spinning blue ring. Like its taking forever to cache artowrk or something. Amazon Content plays....when I get into it. Maybe this will be sorted when I move this test machine and the other box onto the eMMC's when they arrive.

One questrion I have is this. I assume that with the Android versions of the Netflix and Amazon VOD Add-on, I'll be limited to 540p (SD) res because there is no L1 Widevine support on Android. Not really an issue, because the two family members getting the android boxes aren't fussy about PQ anyway and will be perfectly happy with 540p on their 720p Plasma TV's. Would I be right in thinking though that the other 4 CoreElec Odroid N2's with KODI running the Netflix and Amazon Add-ons will actually be able to play back 1080p and 4K streams from Netflix and Amazon because CoreElec does support L1 Widevine??

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by calibos - 2020-06-08, 22:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4