Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2019-02-13, 17:49)wrxtasy Wrote: HD audio passthrough inc. Atmos & also Multichannel 7.1 LPCM audio (for 192kHz FLAC / AAC):
In CoreELEC Kodi Settings > System > Audio, on the bottom left of screen select Advanced.

For Kodi - Audio output device: select > ALSA: AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI Multi Ch PCM
Set the Kodi Audio channels to 5.1 or 7.1

Then in that same Audio configuration section,
Enable the Audio Passthrough options you need. Do NOT enable EAC3 transcoding.

HD Atmos is also enabled when you select Dolby TrueHD audio passthru.
Hi @wrxtasy 
I just got a new AVR (Onkyo TX NR575) that support 4K/HDR/DV passtrough and also all the audio encodings (like TrueHD, DTS-HD, Atmos, etc).
I connected the N2 to AVR. 
I'm confused what audio settings should I use?

Number of channels: does it matter? I can have 7.2 bit atm I'm only using stereo. Should I set it 7.1?
Audio outpu device= ALSA: AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI is selected now, and I have Alllow passhtrough set to ON, device is HDMI, and enabled all options (since all are supported by AVR). 
Is the above the correct? Or I should set Audio output to HDMI Multi Ch PCM? Can't figure out the differences.

Another issue, maybe you saw it already and can help me to fix or troubleshoot. 
Lates Coreelec on N2, AVR Onkyo, Panasonic GX800 Tv. CEC works fine, until I change inpot to TV (DVB-C) or Netflix app on TV. If I switch back to HDMI2, I don't have CEC. I need to run Viera link app and select player again, than CEC is back. Any ideas what could I try?

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by gurabli - 2020-12-10, 13:50
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4