Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2023-01-10, 16:53)smallclone Wrote:
(2023-01-04, 18:14)Sholander Wrote: Remove uSD card from N2 and attach eMMC to install CE. After it boots and all is OK with new installation, restore previously made backup. 
Thanks for this. I don't mind paying more for a module reader. So do I have this right:

-Copy the existing CoreElec to a location on my PC

-Take the current SD card out of the N2+

-Then this is the bit I don't get...I insert the new eMMC module reader into the SD slot on the N2+  ? What happens then? I switch on and it just boots up? 

- First, you don't Copy the existing CoreElec, I wrote "make a backup". Using addon CoreElec Configuration option for this backs up only things that are necessary to be transferred via CE  "Restore" option to make new system on eMMC identical to present on uSD card (all your present settings and addons)
- On eMMC you burn a fresh downloaded CoreElec image (preferably the same you are using now) from official download site.
- You remove current uSD card from N2 only to not interfere with your eMMC installation. Naturally you place fresh burned eMMC modul on it's place in N2 for installation and switch power on to start the process. When installation completely finishes, use CE-Kodi File Manager and copy your saved backup file to  /storage/backup and run "Restore" option from CoreElec Configuration. And that should be all...

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by Sholander - 2023-01-11, 02:26
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4