Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2023-03-26, 21:17)perspicacia Wrote: Thanks for the input on the eMMC. What about the whole thing - changing the minix for the n2+ CoreELEC - is this a good move?

It will be more performant for sure. It really depends on how much you will pay and what you want it to do. If you buy from Hard Kernel you have to pay like 50$ of shipping. And you still need to buy the powersupply, emmc, case. 

If you are just going to put coreelec on it the Beelink King pro is supported by coreelec and is 129 on ali express. It comes with 64gb emmc, remote, case, power suupply and is the same thing except it's emmc is soldered to the board. 

Even cheaper yet you can buy s950x4 boards like Vontar for even cheaper and will be very close in performance with even more playback formats supported like av1. You just have to make sure you pick the right one and those boxes are not as aesthetically pleasing imo. Still I've bought the vontar s905x4 and slapped coreelec on it and it performs great. I gave it away as a gift. I had to buy a mce remote seperatly but it was still way cheaper than my n2+.

If you want to use android n2+ won't have netflix support so it's not the best choice there unless you just want to play some games. It does emulation really well. 

So it's really up to what you want.

If you just want a coreelec box imo there are cheaper options that will perform as good in most things and even better in others.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by calev - 2023-03-27, 15:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4