Can't use mouse to scroll up in home menu
eIf I'm in the home screen (or main menu) with Movies, TV etc on the left side, I can move my mouse pointer down the list and it scrolls down to Games, Add-ons, Weather. But if I move my mouse pointer upwards to get back to the top of the list (TV and Movies) then it doesn't work. Also there's no scroll bar to indicate there's anything above the TV menu item!
I've replicated this on Windows and Android with both a Minix Neo A2 air mouse and a conventional PC mouse. Luckily my PC mouse has a scroll wheel that will scroll upwards but my primary remote is the air mouse which does not!

Note this issue only happens on the main home menu and not on the Movies/TV lists where the list scrolls up as well as down if one moves the mouse to the top or bottom of the screen.

Any ideas?
First of all, Kodi was never designed with a mouse in mind for use with the proverbial 10' screen. Instead the TV's remote is the main remote pointing device. CEC and IR support helps in that way quite well. But yes, there are still some challenges in the mouse department in Estuary.

Indeed there is no scrollbar for the main menu items. It's simply not appealing enough in an aesthetic way to add one.
Thanks - it was just the apparent inconsistency which seems odd. I get the historical/philosophical aspect of being designed to be used with a basic remote, but times do move on with more sophisticated remotes now.

Digging a bit further I found that in Settings there's a scroll bar for longer pages but moving the mouse near the top or bottom does not auto-scroll.
In Movies/Videos etc. there's a scroll bar and mouse auto-scroll works.
In main menu, there is no scroll bar (I'm not sure I understand why they are not aesthetic, they do help usability after all) and the auto scroll only works downwards

Is it worth filing a bug?
A lot of folks recommend air mice for Kodi so I was surprised that the interface fell down in this area and wasn't so easy to use. I find the lack of scroll function with a mouse quite awkward.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't use mouse to scroll up in home menu0