Sharing files by smb
Hello,
Im sharing files on pc by smb, i added movies and series to Kodi library on Android TV Box, and im able to play it but some of them don't want load, when i click on files, for sec i see loading icon and nothing happens. Its only for couple of files. I also checked on other player with smb and i have similar issue. Im using Ethernet connection, sharing by host name also tried by IP. Im sharing files from PC by sharing home group, password is disabled. 
Any idea what i cant do more to fix it? I dont have any logs regarding this in logs page.
Regards.
If you're using the Android box to play, then the probability is high that the Android box doesn't have the internal hardware (graphic engine) to play those titles. Only a proper debug log from that device would confirm my suspicion.
On unpn i dont have this problem. I cannot see any logs in debug, i turn logs to all. Im using this Umax Minix NEO U9-H box.
Attempt to play a video (with logging turned on) from the PC with the Android device (and when it fails, note the name of the video) then submit a proper log; check the link in my signature for the wiki on how to do that and submit the log using cut&paste to a public pastebin and link that URL in this thread.

This is really an Android/network issue.

Moving to Android support.
Ok, i tried enable logs in GUI - https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Logging, two first option on. When i go to path which Kodi Debug show its empty. Should i use advancedsettings.xml to force creating logs?
Ok, im unhide hidden files , logs here - https://pastebin.com/5FBK0J61

Regards.
Ok, im find solution. I turn on asking for user/pass and its start works. I notice that Windows have some problems with sharing files without password. I notice that when i mapped folders from on to another pc.
(2019-03-07, 11:56)BenLomax Wrote: I notice that Windows have some problems with sharing files without password. I notice that when i mapped folders from on to another pc.
Windows probably upgraded your Samba server from v1.x to v2.x . SMBv2 requires a login with a password.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sharing files by smb0