Too many fanart images for scrapers: Data too long for MySQL tables (error 1406)
I stumbled over a potential bug in the The Movie Database Scraper.
If I add a directory with tv shows to the library, only some of them are scraped.
Shows with many fanart images on tvdb cause the scraper to try to insert all these images into a field of the MyVideos database, which is refused by the mySQL server.

I use Kodi 18.0 with addons up to date: E.g. The Movie Database version 3.1.0. The database is not shared with other clients.

I configured the tv shows folder from the Netflix addon to contain tv shows, and set up the scraper "The Movie Database", which I think was set as default. I activated the settings "get Artwork from themoviedb.org" and "get extra artwork from fanart.tv".
After manually updating the information from the folder of a tv show ("The Walking Dead"), the information window stays empty (no description, no posters or artwork).
In the log I get
Quote:19:03:19.587 T:140703594206144   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos116] Undefined MySQL error: Code (1406)
Query:  Query: UPDATE tvshow SET c00='The Walking Dead',c01= .... c06='<thumb aspect=\"poster\" preview ... \" preview=\"w780/ywHdL2ip9OaClGmHJ7mKb2CPoft.jpg\">original/ywHdL2ip9OaClGmHJ7mKb2CPoft.jpg</thumb></fanart>',c12='21682',c13='18',c14='AMC',c15='',c16='', userrating = NULL, duration = NULL WHERE idShow=142
19:05:29.582 T:140703594206144   ERROR: ExecuteQuery - failed to execute query
19:05:29.593 T:140703594206144   DEBUG: Mysql rollback transaction

I shortened the line, but is has over 100000 (one hundred thousand!) characters, since there are numerous preview images listed up. Error 1406 is "Data too long for column".
I uploaded the whole log.

Once I remove the options "get (extra) artwork...", scraping works fine.
This error was also described before for the universal movie scraper in this forum and in a German Kodi forum.
The error occurs only for shows with very much fanart, e.g. "Family Guy", "Rick and Morty", "Walking Dead". Other shows were scraped successfully.

Since no message is given in Kodi, it took me some time to figure this out.
I suggest to reduce the maximum number of fanart images and to check the length of the queries for the scrapers. Since already the scrapers "The Movie Database" and "Universal Movie Scraper" seem to be affected, this could be a general problem.

Messages In This Thread
Too many fanart images for scrapers: Data too long for MySQL tables (error 1406) - by schapplm - 2019-02-16, 21:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Too many fanart images for scrapers: Data too long for MySQL tables (error 1406)0