DTS playback issues.
Hello all,

I am having trouble trying to sort this problem out with DTS and DD playback on Kodi 18.1.

On Kodi I chose a movie to watch that has Dolby 5.1 sound and it would play fine and the AVR would detect the audio format and all is good.
I then choose a movies with DTS 5.1 and then it goes through to the AVR as 2.1.

I googled around and checked through this forum and changed some settings to hopefully help me out.
I went to Settings in Kodi and changed it to Expert so I could see all the options. I turned on all the Audio Passthrough options while playing a DTS movies and then BAM the AVR recognised it as a 5.1ch audio and it started working.
I thought sweet all is good until I then play a Movie with 5.1 Dolby and then NO Audio gets recognised by the AVR at all.
I went back through settings and change each Audio Passthrough option 1 at a time until something changed and then once I turned the "Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) Transcoding" Off. The DD audio started working but DTS went back to 2.1.
I made sure the Video Sync Setting is turned off as well (for some reason I can't find that option now)

In the Shield Settings I have
"Surround Sound" Auto
"Stereo Upmix" Off

My setup is
Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16gb Kodi 18.1 Leia
Yamaha Rx-D485 AVR
Sony 4k TV
Connection order... Shield > AVR > TV

Thanks for the assistance and hopefully I have given enough details for my problem with devices and settings that I have already.
Something interesting in your Debug Log?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Https://paste.kodi.tv/atinonoqot

There is the log. Hopefully I done it right.
Weirdly enough I can't get Dolby to load now.
I did at one stage have to go back to the Shield Settings and turn "Surround Sound" to Always from Auto just to get the DTS to work but I have no Dolby working at all.
Something hates me.

Thank You.
From kodi pov all fine. Not that it helps you much, but yeah :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Damn,
I was in hope there was something I was missing.
It's got me stumped.
I have started turning off and on each Passthrough option to find the issue and it's narrowed down a little bit. Once I narrow it down some more can i post another log to see if you can see anything?

Cheers.
Try the following:

1) Turn of all PT options (Audio) to get a clean state
2) Turn on only AC3 (Audio)
3) Turn on Dolby Transcoding (Audio)
4) Keep the rest of the settings fully disabled
4) Set speakers to 2.0 (Stereo) (Audio)
5) Turn off Sync Playback to Display (Player Option)
6) Turn off Adjust Refreshrate to match video (Player Option)

Try again some files - what happens?
I have just changed all the settings to what you asked and it plays Dolby 5.1 fine but DTS no Audio at all and the Video freezes about 5 seconds into playing. I tried 2 x different DTS files. 1 is a movies and 1 is a DTS test file and no Audio on either and the Video freezes on both.

Here is the log.
http://paste.kodi.tv/cemoralike

Thanks for the assistance so far. Much appreciated.
Sorry I only tried the 1 DTS file. Which is the DTS test file I downloaded.
I tried the other one before I started doing the debug log.
I have found something else that may help.
I have turn on all PT options except Transcoding.
Play a DD 5.1 file and it works.
Change to DTS 5.1 file and no Audio and video freezes. I then toggle the Allow Passthrough option off then on and the DTS plays fine and is recognised as DTS on the AVR but then DD files have no Audio and picture freezes. If I toggle Allow Passthrough off and on again the DD file plays fine and the AVR recognises it is a DD.
Basically between each file type I have to toggle the Allow Passthrough option off and on again for it to recognise that file type.
Sorry that has nothing to do with kodi, but with your equipment behind it, according to android stats it works for some other millions. I have no idea where to start looking.
Ok then,
Thanks for the help. At least it has been narrowed down a bit more. Maybe I can find something else along the way to get it sorted out.
If I do find a solution I will post it here with the odd chance that it helps someone else out.
So after trying just about everything else with no luck. I uninstalled Kodi 18.1 and installed Kodi 17.6 and it all worked. It detects DD and DTS perfectly without any issues.
(2019-02-25, 12:02)Tnjfitzy Wrote: So after trying just about everything else with no luck. I uninstalled Kodi 18.1 and installed Kodi 17.6 and it all worked. It detects DD and DTS perfectly without any issues.
 Perfect. As the sink itself is still the same, there must have been some change in stream start / stream stop.
Thanks for the help.
Hopefully this helps someone else that may have a similar issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS playback issues.0