Linux Issue trying to update the keymaps
Question 
Hello,

I've recently configured a box with LibreElec 9, which brings Kodi Leia. I have configured a MCE Remote, but wanted to change some keys. From the wiki I checked that I needed to create a new XML file over /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps, so I created a custom.xml file over that folder with the following content:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <!-- Set to update library on red button -->
            <red>UpdateLibrary(video)</red>
            <!-- Unset the rest of color buttons -->
            <green></green>
            <yellow></yellow>
            <blue></blue>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap>

I've restarted the box, but when I push the colored buttons (red, green, yellow or blue), they go to the default actions associated with them: TVChannels, Videos, Music or Pictures. Do I need to set anything or change anything more to allow the behavior I want?

Thanks in advance!
You have to use the "noop" (no operation) action to remove key actions (ie overwrite them to do nothing when defined to do something by default). See the Keymaps (wiki) entry in the wiki for more details.

Aside from that it looks OK to me, although you need to make sure you're using the correct window section (global is universal, but if it's also set in a specific window that will override things). See the comments in the default keyboard.xml file for more details, as well as the aforementioned wiki page.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue trying to update the keymaps0