• 10(current)
Video stretched on Phillips TV after update
ReallyHuh I searched this page 3 days ago and nothing. This is great news. Updating right now... I cannot believe Philips mentioned Kodi in Release Notes, hahaha...
And... I am confirming it is fixed by Philips. O didn't believe it will be ever fixed.
Thanks.
Yeah - and finally yet another story ends ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-07-01, 07:52)fritsch Wrote: Yeah - and finally yet another story ends ...

Hello, does anyone know if this update will work with 58PUS7304/12? Thanks
(2020-07-02, 08:18)hazelpethig Wrote:
(2020-07-01, 07:52)fritsch Wrote: Yeah - and finally yet another story ends ...

Hello, does anyone know if this update will work with 58PUS7304/12? Thanks
If it is using same 171E firmware, it should be fixed.
(2020-07-02, 08:18)hazelpethig Wrote: Hello, does anyone know if this update will work with 58PUS7304/12? Thanks
For your model a new firmware arrived today: https://toengel.net/philipsblog/2020/07/...1-4-100-0/
But the changelog doesn't mention an image fix for Kodi.
I spoke with a Philips support contact end of April who was very helpful and he promised to forward my findings to the software development team. I guess he came through for us. I'm checking my 55PUS7334 right now with new software and Kodi 18.7.
It's fixed.

Kodi 18.7.200
55PUS7334 (same software as any xxPUS73x4) software version TPM191E_R.001.004.100.000

AR is correct.
(2020-07-04, 16:20)cerarp Wrote: I spoke with a Philips support contact end of April who was very helpful and he promised to forward my findings to the software development team. I guess he came through for us. I'm checking my 55PUS7334 right now with new software and Kodi 18.7.

That's great. I talked to them from March to June in 2019 and they repeatedly told me it was a problem with Kodi and not the TV even though I presented evidence to the contrary. After a few months of banging my head against the wall I gave up and told them I'd never buy a Phillips TV again.

Can't believe this was actually fixed.
Sadly, that's in 90% the cases how it happens and users then start to blame OSS software, cause they can't think that a company they just gave 800 € or more cares shit about the product after it was sold ... you find plenty of evidence in this forum. Then some OSS teams start to hack around to "mitigate" the low quality vendor software and then users come and blame: but, but, but it works with xyz ...

You can just avoid buying this brand all together.

We thought of a "testing suite" some years ago, but yeah - if it does not work when you play a video it's evidence enough, that the vendor firmware is broken, especially when kodi only uses official API.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi guys,

I've just bought the Philips 55OLED804, currently it is with the same firmware version that have fixed your problem.
Unfortunately I have found out that Zoom function in Kodi v18.7 on my TV is not working correctly - black bars remain, video gets zoomed only within the original video size.
This happens only with HW acceleration, with HW acceleration disabled it works correctly but it is not smooth.  Since I have not found any complaints in Kodi forum regarding this issue, I assume it's again a  problem of the firmware.
Therefore I would like to ask - are you suffering the same issue with this firmware?
Thanks a lot.
Not on my 65LUS7803. When I am zooming, black bars are disseappearing, so it is working correctly.
(2020-07-21, 14:48)don.camillo Wrote: Hi guys,

I've just bought the Philips 55OLED804, currently it is with the same firmware version that have fixed your problem.
Unfortunately I have found out that Zoom function in Kodi v18.7 on my TV is not working correctly - black bars remain, video gets zoomed only within the original video size.
This happens only with HW acceleration, with HW acceleration disabled it works correctly but it is not smooth.  Since I have not found any complaints in Kodi forum regarding this issue, I assume it's again a  problem of the firmware.
Therefore I would like to ask - are you suffering the same issue with this firmware?
Thanks a lot.
This sounds like a remnant of the same problem. This happened to me also after zooming in so far that the additional black bars were gone, the rest of the black bars remained in place and video zoomed inside the bars.
Is you AR correct or is the picture squashed vertically?
Make sure you really have the correct software version.
Aspect ratio seems to be correct, I have not recognized any stretch.
Firmware and Kodi are up to date: TPM191E_001.004.100.000, Kodi 18.7
(2020-07-22, 23:51)don.camillo Wrote: Aspect ratio seems to be correct, I have not recognized any stretch.
Firmware and Kodi are up to date: TPM191E_001.004.100.000, Kodi 18.7

I was wrong. Now I've realized, that without zoom the aspect ratio is not correct and black bars are larger. So it seems to be the same as your issue, but not fixed for in my FW Sad

Time to contact Philips Smile How have you reported issues to them?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stretched on Phillips TV after update1