• 11(current)
Video stretched on Phillips TV after update
Now that is a good question.
Try this: https://tpvcrmplus.force.com/PhilipsTVAu...uage=en_US
or forums: https://tpvcrmplus.force.com/PhilipsTVAu...uage=en_US
(2020-07-02, 08:18)hazelpethig Wrote:
(2020-07-01, 07:52)fritsch Wrote: Yeah - and finally yet another story ends ...

Hello, does anyone know if this update will work with 58PUS7304/12? Thanks
It is fixed with the latest firmware for my 58PUS7304

Kodi 18.7 AR on anamorphic movies is correct now.
(2020-07-23, 09:41)don.camillo Wrote:
(2020-07-22, 23:51)don.camillo Wrote: Aspect ratio seems to be correct, I have not recognized any stretch.
Firmware and Kodi are up to date: TPM191E_001.004.100.000, Kodi 18.7

I was wrong. Now I've realized, that without zoom the aspect ratio is not correct and black bars are larger. So it seems to be the same as your issue, but not fixed for in my FW Sad

Time to contact Philips Smile How have you reported issues to them?

Hello!

I've the same problem on my Philips 55OLED854.
I was looking for some infos/help about the aspect ratio regarding these doubled extra black bars.

I'm running with firmware 001.002.173.010, rolled back from the latest version because it has problems with my external NTFS hard drive (I ve a pending ticket for it).

Right now I keep the aspect ratio to normal.. Most of the times work fine. If it get squashed vertical I move the pixel ratio to 0.8 or something and it seems kinda ok.

Still annoying problems tho.
What's the generic aspect ratio settings I should use in kodi?

Thanks
Yesterday my TV received new update that partially fixed the issue.

Zoom now really works correctly, but only when its set during the video playback. When Zoom is set as default option, the video starts playing with normal size. In such case you need to set the Normal mode and then the Zoom mode again. After this, the video gets zoomed correctly.
Hey everyone, I was able to fix it by going back to version 18.6 Leia, any future version from there is broken for my PHILIPS 873 showing it stretched and with plenty on logicalness black bars.

Hope it works for someone else.

Good luck!
Hello,
I have PHILIPS 4K UHD 43PUS8505 (Android 9) with Kodi 19.3 and videos with 2.40:1 aspect ratio (cropped) are also stretched or better yet squished making the black bars bigger. The minimize black bars in setting/player/video menu or zoom settings in playback menu has no effect at first, but as soon as I change zoom in video playback menu the video is displayed as it should be that is appropriately stretched as per minimize black bar setting and appropriately zoomed as per video settings. No "Pixel ratio" changes needed.
However if I stop the playback and start it back again the video is stretched as if I hadn't made any settings. If I open video setting in the playback menu, I can see Kodi saves them but doesn't apply them to 2.40:1 videos when playback starts. But as soon as I change zoom by 1 or 2% all video settings are applied and video is displayed as expected.
Obviously Kodi can display those videos properly but for some reason doesn't apply any aspect ratio or zoom setting when video starts.
On the other note, how can I get Kodi 18.6 on my TV?
OK so installing 18.6 wasn't that hard. I got file explorer from play store and gave it permission to install apps when I ran apk from usb dongle.
The 18.6 Leia was too glitchy so I updated it back to 19.3 Matrix. In short time using Leia I made following observations:
  • 4K movies were displayed as expected considering the "minimize black bars" and zoom settings.
  • HD movies were displayed as expected if "minimize black bars" was set to 0. Most of them were still displayed correctly if "minimize black bars" was set to 6 or less.
Going back to 19.3 Matrix I tried the "Stretch to 16:9" view mode in playback menu as mentioned by other posters. It's the only mode that gets applied when video playback starts. Other view modes are applied only after you change view mode.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stretched on Phillips TV after update1