• 9(current)
Video stretched on Phillips TV after update
I tested with the latest nightly (from 13.04.) and AR problem on my Philips 7803 is back, not fixed as per attached image. It's a pitty.
Is there any other Philips besides this model that also works with the optional max settings?

For now I count one Philips working, another Philips broken(!) by this fix and multiple Sony's broken by it.

Which is the reason it was reverted.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-04-14, 17:17)fritsch Wrote: Is there any other Philips besides this model that also works with the optional max settings?

For now I count one Philips working, another Philips broken(!) by this fix and multiple Sony's broken by it.

Which is the reason it was reverted.
Do we have some video sample to additionally test it on my Philips on Kodi v18.6? Can somebody upload video clip which is wrongly displayed? It is strange that other TVs have this problem with h264 and h265 and mine doesn't. Thanks.
@fritsch running the fix now over a week an noticed no stability issues.
But can it be that there is some issue with resolution now?
I am wondering because me and my wife always watching our series in the evening and noticed some weird blockiness on fonts in the series that was never here before.

Will this latest change come to final 18.7 or will 18.7 like 18.5 regarding video (this is the way i prefer :-) )?

thx
You asked that three times now. The answer did not change.

For your "wired blockiness" -> github.com/xbmc file your issues with all your logs and screenshots. Best with v19 - it's wearisome to forth and backport big changes and then getting such bugreports, highjacking threads with a totally different topic ... development continues and 18.7 might be the last one for Leia, while no release date is yet plannet at all.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-04-14, 17:17)fritsch Wrote: Is there any other Philips besides this model that also works with the optional max settings?

All the 73x4 models.
To Whom It May Concern... Kodi v18.7(.2) for Android was just released, so that should find its way via the Play Store over the coming days.
(2020-04-14, 12:22)Stile35 Wrote: I tested with the latest nightly (from 13.04.) and AR problem on my Philips 7803 is back, not fixed as per attached image. It's a pitty.

Same here on Philips 58PUS7304. My TV has updated firmware: "TPM191E_R.001.002.173.010"
I was using the 18.6 "fixed" KODI version from end of february until now when my TV upgraded to 18.7 (i forgot to disable automatic updates 8-( ... ).
Thanks KODI developers there is still version kodi-18.6-Leia-armeabi-v7a.apk available, which works well for me.
(2020-06-24, 22:38)efre Wrote:
(2020-04-14, 12:22)Stile35 Wrote: I tested with the latest nightly (from 13.04.) and AR problem on my Philips 7803 is back, not fixed as per attached image. It's a pitty.

Same here on Philips 58PUS7304. My TV has updated firmware: "TPM191E_R.001.002.173.010"
I was using the 18.6 "fixed" KODI version from end of february until now when my TV upgraded to 18.7 (i forgot to disable automatic updates 8-( ... ).
Thanks KODI developers there is still version kodi-18.6-Leia-armeabi-v7a.apk available, which works well for me.

Currently in the same boat, downgrading to 18.6.

As the fix caused issues for many others, is there a chance the fix still becomes available those issues can be prevented?
Can't edit my post, otherwise I'd have done that. Using a philips 55pus8804. 18.6 was perfect, 18.7 had the aspect ratio problem.
Yeah, we tried now two times to workaround the broken Firmware of the Philips TV and caused sever breakage for many other standard boxes. Therefore -> file your bug report with Philips or keep using 18.6. It was clearly lined out in this thread, that Philips requires an optional field to be set, though being optional it has a meaning, which causes breakage for other devices.

There is nothing I will do for this as we litteraly broke 18.6 for thousands of users, cause a vendor shortcoming who does not care at all.
Thanks. I'll take it up with philips. Was hoping there'd be an option to have a checkbox for this among the expert settings, in case any future devices come out that need the additional data in the player.
(2020-06-27, 08:57)mrbunnyman Wrote: Thanks. I'll take it up with philips. Was hoping there'd be an option to have a checkbox for this among the expert settings, in case any future devices come out that need the additional data in the player.
Checkbox under Expert Settings would be great. Question for developers, is it possible to add such checkbox?
I contacted Philips 4 months ago regarding this issue and they said there will be *maybe* firmware update. Till today, nothing. So, no hope from Philips.
If you manage, please inform us in this thread.
Thanks.
Nope. Cause if we add the Philips Checkbox, we need the AMLogic Checkbox, the Allwinner Checkbox and the Whatever-You-Have-Seen-Checkbox out of fairness ...
There's a new Philips firmware available via the integrated update function: https://toengel.net/philipsblog/2020/06/...7-1-132-0/
Changelog TPM171E_107.001.132.000 – Date: 2020/06/29
  • Android Oreo 8.0.0 based software
  • Improvements for Ambilight Hue
  • Improvements for WiFi connection issue
  • Improvements for system stability
  • Improvements for TV shop mode
  • Improvements for Bluetooth RC firmware upgrade
  • Improvements for EPG performance
  • Fix for ARD massive stuttering
  • Fix for deformed image content during KODI/VLC playback
  • Fix for stretched picture content during USB/DLNA playback
  • 9(current)