Add-on to write LRC files
I use Kodi a lot for music. I really love the lyric mod, half of not more of my music collection doesn’t have LRC files. Most do have regular lyrics though.

I’ve downloaded the few free LRC programs out there I could find. I found both to be pretty decent but a bit of a pain to use. I’m probably severely underestimating the difficulty of making this, but it seems in my head anyways it wouldn’t be too tough.

My idea, right now if a song has lyrics but no LRC. You press down arrow and it will display the next line. Well, in LyricMod anyways. So with this add-on, when a song doesn’t have an LRC. When you play a song and press down to display the next line as you’re listening it would write a time stamp automatically. And save it in real time in whatever folder you have culyrics set to. So you could do one part of a song, and come back another day and finish it. The 2 Windows programs I downloaded don’t work as easily. One I have to press f5 and reposition the cursor for each line. And the other is even more of a hassle.

A way to make LRC directly in Kodi would be superb. I know there’s probably not much of an audience for this. But, perhaps someone who can code likes the idea and would be interested in creating it *shrug*
Trying to be a bit realistic here, but I don't think any of the add-on developers will take this on.

Have you tried Foobar2000 and installed the Lyrics add-on? It is quite easy and simple to use. Play song, right click Edit Lyrics, then simply click "Synchronise this line". Save.

That is how I adjust the timing for lyrics, or create lyrics when none are available.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It was a big shot in the dark, WOW the one you suggested is really nice. I can just mash the spacebar while listening and it writes the timestamp. Much more efficient than the KLE program I downloaded. Thank you for pointing me to it, Googling definitely wasn't turning this up. I just banged thru a song in real time the 1st time I used it and it came out pretty good. They even have a DSP plugin so I could play it back 1.5-2x. Will only take me a year if I do a few albums a day to get my library up to snuff if I can manage a 2x speed lol.

great great great program
You found it, installed it, and used it already. That was quick Smile

I was just coming back to post the link to the add-on in case you (or others) were looking for it.
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/vi...ie_lyrics3

Great that it works for you!! It takes a few songs to get the hang of it, but otherwise it works quite smoothly.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on to write LRC files0