Apply custom filtering to dynamic content?
(2023-02-27, 21:57)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2023-02-27, 16:08)3000 Wrote:
(2019-03-06, 15:03)sualfred Wrote:
Code:
<content sortby="year" sortorder="descending">...</content>

Works well. And for mixed content I use my helper script. Like the screenshot attached.

hi, I found this post while searching for a way to combine movies and tv shows. This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Would this also work for multiple video node sources?

Appreciate any help!

The only way 'in skin' to combine movie and TV shows in one list would be using two <content> tags but the list would basically just append the results of the second <content> tag to the end. So if you wanted to sort a filtered group of movies and TV shows by 'last played', it would sort all the movies and then sort all the TV shows and stick the TV shows on the end. So not proper sorting but might work for some use cases.

If you want a combined list with proper sorting behaviour you'll need a plugin addon to build the list for you so quite a bit more work, unless it's a plugin list already included in an existing addon such as embuary helper or tmdb helper.

What are you trying to do?
hi, thank you for your reply!!

I want to separate my movies and tv shows via tags. So movies and tv shows that fit the same tag should appear in one list/place/folder.

So appending sounds very interesting. I'd have movies first, then tv shows of the same tag in one place. Great!

But proper sorting would be really cool too...

Could you explain a bit more? Really appreciate it!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Apply custom filtering to dynamic content? - by R.O.H.3000 - 2023-02-27, 22:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apply custom filtering to dynamic content?0