Deleting Whole Series Directory Crashes Kodi
Hi,
      has anyone else noticed that if you delete a whole series directory of recordings from within Kodi that Kodi crashes.  Deleting individual recordings works fine, just if you delete the whole directory.  Can someone else please try this?

cheers

John
I do this all the time but it could be improved 3.3.13 

Martin
@emveepee

I just experienced this also on Kodi v18 and NextPVR addon 3.3.13

Ten episodes of a show that I had recorded but decided not to watch. I tried to delete it but Kodi crashed.

Debug Log here and errors around line 30,568... https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/n8CwRX4VSw/
xml:
18:00:41.600 T:7624 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: DoRequest return /service?method=recording.delete&recording_id=6090 200 66 1
18:00:41.600 T:7624 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: DeleteRecording failed. Returning PVR_ERROR_NO_ERROR

But I don't see the cause for the crash.

The folder and episodes have been deleted from the HDD, and restarting Kodi the show is no longer in Recordings.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-03-13, 09:11)Karellen Wrote: @emveepee

Ten episodes of a show that I had recorded but decided not to watch. I tried to delete it but Kodi crashed.
 Ok thanks I have a look.  First think I noticed is a cosmetic issue the debug error message is wrong it is being output on success and Kodi is not treating it as an error.  More likely it relates to this line

8:00:42.263 T:5424 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(pvr://recordings/tv/active/) failed

Martin
Ok I can duplicate this but the crash seems to be coming from Kodi, more research is required.

Edit:  If I get an answer here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2833566 then I will make the required change.

Martin
Thanks Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleting Whole Series Directory Crashes Kodi0