No subtitles
I have .mkv and .mp4 files. I thought that those files didn't have subtitles. I played those files with smplayer and mpv media player and found out that there were embedded subtitles. I opened the files with mkvtoolnix and the subtitles don't appear anywhere. Anyone knows how to make kodi show those subs?
(2019-03-11, 03:29)ovidius Wrote: I opened the files with mkvtoolnix and the subtitles don't appear anywhere.
It could be a problem of MKVtoolnix, because when you use mkvinfo or exiftool, the additional track(s) will appear. MKVextract also sees and accesses subtitle tracks. But maybe Kodi has the same issue as MKVtoolnix.

Also it's possible that Kodi suffers from the same flaw. Or, the mkv files are damaged or wrongly (re)muxed. I use ffmpeg and mkvmerge from time to time, and on some mkv's only the video track appears. Audio and subtitles tracks have vanished. The file plays fine though. I have no clue what is causing this. Perhaps you can ask the MKVtoolnix dev guy if something is known on this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No subtitles0