Read setting from guisettings.xml
I've noticed that Estuary doesn't honour the Settings > Media > Video > Flatten Hierarchy setting in the GUI.

How to I read that setting in XML? I've tried Skin.HasSetting(myvideos.flatten) but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,

bored
it's a kodi bug. not something you can fix by changing the skin.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The skin already has this functionality built in though, kinda:

Code:

<onclick condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + Skin.HasSetting(home_no_categories_widget)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/,return)</onclick>
<onclick condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(home_no_categories_widget)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/titles/,return)</onclick>
<onclick condition="!Library.HasContent(movies)">ActivateWindow(Videos,sources://video/,return)</onclick>

If I have the categories widget enabled on the home screen, it flattens the hierarchy. When I disable the categories widget, the hierarchy returns.

I could amend the skin so both ActivateWindows are set to videodb://movies/titles/, or add a skin.setting for flatten_hierarchy and read that, I just thought it would be a better solution if I could read the setting straight out of the guisettings.xml, rather than create a duplicate setting.
(2019-03-13, 19:40)boredazfcuk Wrote: If I have the categories widget enabled on the home screen, it flattens the hierarchy.
 nope, not at all. it just changes the links on the homescreen to point directly to the movie title listing instead of the movie library listing.
you can still navigate through the entire hierarchy though.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Read setting from guisettings.xml0