Solved Leia 18.1 on client buffers incessantly using live tv
Log at https://paste.kodi.tv/jiyezopucu

Watching live TV on a Win 10 Pro/Leia client results in buffering problems within seconds of starting to watch and regardless of channel. If I record the broadcast, the recording works fine. This is a test client - set it up yesterday because I'm fed up of dealing with (other) problems that kept happening with an Ubuntu 18.04/Krypton and Leia client and which seemed only to be fixable by rebooting the server.

I could understand that the CPU is underpowered and one of the cores does seem to hit 100% from time to time while buffering but I don't understand why, if it is underpowered, it is perfectly ok with playing the recorded version.

Thanks.
We would need to see your NextPVR logs to find the source of this error.  If you can't post them here post them on the NextPVR forums.

2019-03-16 15:52:22.753 T:3816 ERROR: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: Socket::receive: (Winsock error=10054) Connection reset by peer

Also you are running in Timeshift mode, you can also check if Real Time mode is better. It is the safest mode for test purposes.  If that works you can try Extended Timeshift.

Martin
Wasn't aware it was in timeshift mode. Is that because I got frustrated and started recording the same broadcast? I will have to look up how to get out of it because I'm not stopping the recording - big rugby match.
Found the timeshift thing and switched to real time. Restarted logging and then restarted Kodi. Went to the same live broadcast and it is slightly better but still unwatchable due to the buffering. Uploaded new Kodi log to https://paste.kodi.tv/omulisehol and will upload the NPVR log when the recording ends shortly.

Thanks for your help.
Recordings on the server are 100% independent of Kodi, but testing during important events is never a good idea.

Let me know how it goes, and hope your team wins.

Edit: Saw your post and it also is stalling so yes really interested in the NextPVR logs (captured just after a fail)

Martin
Thus far, the tests suggest that the problems I had on the Ubuntu setup have gone away. It's just that a completely different issue has now arisen Sad I've posted the logs in a new thread on the NPVR forums, cross-linking to this one - see https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...post531542

Edit: yikes, I think I should have cleared the logs and regenerated after a further failure. I just zipped those that were in the NPVR Logs folder. Still, that means the same events are shown for both the Kodi and NPVR logs so perhaps no bad thing. FWIW, it is rare that I watch live TV ... but there's a good football match on later today also!
This question can be marked solved.  It turned out to be a problem applying patches on the backend unrelated to the client and is explained more in the OP's linked post.

Martin
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Leia 18.1 on client buffers incessantly using live tv0