• 105(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2020-05-17, 20:26)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-05-17, 19:20)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-05-17, 19:08)Cyberdom Wrote: Thanks, but what is it film/TV show logo or artist logo ? Is it the photo of an artist, the poster of a film or a TV show ?

Another thing, since the recent Amber updates, for music, in the fanart view, when selecting an artist or a film and when we push down to display the info of an artist or album, the image which should be a square is cropped as a rectangle (same format as movie posters).

Is it possible to correct this to no longer crop the images of artists and albums ?       
@Cyberdom, in the following screenshots you will see on the top right the logo (also known as clearlogo) that I am referring to:

ImageImageImageImage

I will fix the aspect ratio of art for music in fanart view in the next update as well, thank you for reporting this.

Regards,

Bart       
Thanks for the examples. I understand better now what it corresponds to.
I do not use logos, this is where in the settings to activate them ?
(2020-05-17, 02:07)bsoriano Wrote: In Backgrounds, the fourth line is also an incorrect automatic translation.  The setting is "Show Logo in Home Window".  What is the translation for that?
You can therefore translate the 4th line by "Afficher le logo dans la fenêtre d'accueil".
I forgot, you can also translate the 2nd line by "Afficher le nom de l'arrière-plan dans la barre du haut". 
@Cyberdom, I will fix those translations you mention. 

As for the logos, this is something you need to have in your database, like posters, fanart, clearart, etc.  So you need to have them in the folder with your media, or you need to use an addon like Artwork Beef to download them from web services like fanart.tv or thetvdb.  As far as I know, Universal Movie Scraper and TMDb Scaper both also download logos and other art.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-17, 20:35)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-05-17, 20:26)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-05-17, 19:20)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom, in the following screenshots you will see on the top right the logo (also known as clearlogo) that I am referring to:

ImageImageImageImage

I will fix the aspect ratio of art for music in fanart view in the next update as well, thank you for reporting this.

Regards,

Bart       
Thanks for the examples. I understand better now what it corresponds to.
I do not use logos, this is where in the settings to activate them ?
(2020-05-17, 02:07)bsoriano Wrote: In Backgrounds, the fourth line is also an incorrect automatic translation.  The setting is "Show Logo in Home Window".  What is the translation for that?
You can therefore translate the 4th line by "Afficher le logo dans la fenêtre d'accueil".
I forgot, you can also translate the 2nd line by "Afficher le nom de l'arrière-plan dans la barre du haut".  

As for the logos, this is something you need to have in your database, like posters, fanart, clearart, etc.  So you need to have them in the folder with your media, or you need to use an addon like Artwork Beef to download them from web services like fanart.tv or thetvdb.  As far as I know, Universal Movie Scraper and TMDb Scaper both also download logos and other art.

Regards,

Bart 
Thank you @bsoriano for the details.
(2020-05-17, 20:25)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, thanks for reporting this.  I would really appreciate if you can upload a video, since that is something I cannot replicate on my end.  Just some questions on things that might affect performance:

1. Are you using random movie/tv show/music/video fanart as background for any of your menu items? I added options that only use Kodi for those (they have Kodi at the end of the name):
using the Kodi only options will show the backgrounds faster, but will not skip over items that have no fanart, so black backgrounds might be shown.

I don't use that option.

2. Does it happen after you click on a menu item and before the media view is shown? (that is, you click on Movies, and there is a delay before the list of movies is shown?) Is there a delay before anyhting is shown? Does it happen also for Music?

Yes, this is when it happens. It also happens with Music.

If anything, the removal of skin helper as dependency should have increased performance.  

Could you test by disabling embuary helper and tmdb helper and seeing if you are still experiencing the delays? Please restart Kodi after you disable the addons so that the service components of them do not start when Kodi starts.

I will try doing that right now and report back.

Also, could you please turn on debug logging, restart Kodi and post a link to your debug log from when you experience the delay? Maybe there is something in the debug log that might show what is going on.

I will turn on debug logging.

Thanks for looking further into this, I most certainly want to ensure the skin remains fast.

No problem Bart. Happy to keep testing.
Shedrock
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

Here is the link to the small clip I made: https://youtu.be/HxXGQ9ZNErM

Here is  the link to the log: Logfile

Regards,

Shedrock
Hi I have a problem with Amber...
The Movies and Series shelves are empty (No movie/serie poster only a forbidden sign)

Log is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/qogatuxono.kodi

Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks!
(2020-05-17, 20:26)Cyberdom Wrote: Image
Hi @bsoriano, I do not know if you have already done the translation of the 2nd line but instead of "Afficher le nom de l'arrière-plan dans la barre du haut", it would be better to put "Afficher le nom de l'arrière-plan dans la barre de titre".

Thanks in advance.
(2020-05-18, 06:53)cartucho Wrote: Hi I have a problem with Amber...
The Movies and Series shelves are empty (No movie/serie poster only a forbidden sign)

Log is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/qogatuxono.kodi

Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks!

@cartucho, from what I see in the log, please redo your shelves configuration. The skin provided playlists that form the basis of most of the shelves you are using changed location. Just go in and reselect what you want for each shelf. That should solve the issue. Please confirm that it indeed does. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-17, 22:13)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart,

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock, thanks. I had a quick look at the video, and the lag is certainly there. I will have a detailed look at the log. Are the video and log taken after you disabled embuary helper and tmdb helper? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-18, 11:57)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-05-17, 20:26)Cyberdom Wrote: Image
Hi @bsoriano, I do not know if you have already done the translation of the 2nd line but instead of "Afficher le nom de l'arrière-plan dans la barre du haut", it would be better to put "Afficher le nom de l'arrière-plan dans la barre de titre".

Thanks in advance.

@Cyberdom, I will change it to that.

Are you willing to translate on a group by group basis? I can PM you groups of 25 strings for you to translate, you send me the translations, I send you another group, and so on. What do you think?

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-18, 13:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-05-18, 11:57)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-05-17, 20:35)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom, I will fix those translations you mention.  

Thanks in advance.    

Thank you.

(2020-05-18, 13:40)bsoriano Wrote: Are you willing to translate on a group by group basis? I can PM you groups of 25 strings for you to translate, you send me the translations, I send you another group, and so on. What do you think?

Regards,

Bart 
Why not. In what form ?
(2020-05-18, 13:38)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock, thanks. I had a quick look at the video, and the lag is certainly there. I will have a detailed look at the log. Are the video and log taken after you disabled embuary helper and tmdb helper? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart   
I will have to temporarily remove embuary helper because other skins depend on it, therefore it won't let me disable it. I will check back in a bit with you on it.

UPDATE: I disabled the skins that rely on the addons, then disabled TMDB Helper and Embuary Helper but it did not make a difference.
(2020-05-18, 14:18)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-05-18, 13:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-05-18, 11:57)Cyberdom Wrote: Hi @bsoriano, I do not know if you have already done the translation of the 2nd line but instead of "Afficher le nom de l'arrière-plan dans la barre du haut", it would be better to put "Afficher le nom de l'arrière-plan dans la barre de titre".

Thanks in advance.    

Thank you.

(2020-05-18, 13:40)bsoriano Wrote: Are you willing to translate on a group by group basis? I can PM you groups of 25 strings for you to translate, you send me the translations, I send you another group, and so on. What do you think?

Regards,

Bart 
Why not. In what form ? 
@Cyberdom, I will just send you a list, either posting it here or PM.  You reply with the translation next to each of the strings.  I will add that to the French file of the skin.  And we keep doing that (take the time that you need with each group, I just want to get to a complete translation sooner than later) until there are no more strings left to translate.  If you want, we can do just one group per day.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-18, 14:27)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-05-18, 13:38)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Shedrock

Regards,

Bart     
I will have to temporarily remove embuary helper because other skins depend on it, therefore it won't let me disable it. I will check back in a bit with you on it.

UPDATE: I disabled the skins that rely on the addons, then disabled TMDB Helper and Embuary Helper but it did not make a difference.  
@shedrock, thanks.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @shedrock, could you replace the Home.xml in your skin's 1080i folder with this one: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFiPYLHS6f...w?e=cS1YzI  and the MyVideoNav.xml with this one: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFiPYKuVoY...g?e=rzdhfT

And let me know if this makes any difference.  Please replace the files while Kodi is not running.  Thanks.
(2020-05-18, 14:55)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-05-18, 14:18)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-05-18, 13:40)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom, I will change it to that.    
Thank you.

Regards,

Bart 
Why not. In what form ?    
@Cyberdom, I will just send you a list, either posting it here or PM.  You reply with the translation next to each of the strings.  I will add that to the French file of the skin.  And we keep doing that (take the time that you need with each group, I just want to get to a complete translation sooner than later) until there are no more strings left to translate.  If you want, we can do just one group per day.

Regards,

Bart   
Ok, we can give with the first group a try. You can send it to me in PM.
(2020-05-18, 15:00)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-05-18, 14:55)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-05-18, 14:18)Cyberdom Wrote: Thank you.

Why not. In what form ?    

Regards,

Bart    
Ok, we can give with the first group a try. You can send it to me in PM. 
@Cyberdom, just sent you the first group.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5