• 12(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2019-04-04, 13:42)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-04-03, 23:35)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-03, 22:08)shedrock Wrote: I appreciate the explanation, but it is not required. I completely understand what you mean. I actually like it the way it is right now, and I really, really look forward to whatever you do next with this great skin.

Shedrock   
@shedrock , I decided to work on it some more, and I am much happier with the latest version. 

Now you just press Enter (click) on an actor image, and if you have enabled ExtendedInfo in the skin settings, you get a dialog allowing you to choose to search the local library or show extended info.  The same thing happens when you press Enter (click) on the Director name.

Please download from Git, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks!

Regards,

Bart  
I tested it and it works great! This method is far better.

Shedrock 
@shedrock , thanks! Smile
(2019-04-04, 14:06)eljejer Wrote: I really like your skin!
I have a problem though in the kodi log viewer; I cannot scroll in the window showing the log file entries
Help would be appreciated
Running on Nvidia Shield using 18.2 RC1 GIT:20190403

@eljejer , thanks for your feedback.  I had not tested the log viewer yet.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart
Would it be possible to add volume control in the media playback OSD?
(2019-04-04, 14:16)bsoriano Wrote:
I have a problem though in the kodi log viewer; I cannot scroll in the window showing the log file entries

@eljejer , thanks for your feedback.  I had not tested the log viewer yet.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart 
@eljejer , issue should be fixed.  Please download the latest from Git, test, and let me know if there are any additional issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-04, 14:42)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-04, 14:16)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart  
@eljejer , issue should be fixed.  Please download the latest from Git, test, and let me know if there are any additional issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
No ¨additional issues¨ with log file viewer. Thanks!
Cannot get ¨go fullscreen on music playback¨ in Settings, Amber Settings, General to work consistently.
When playing an album initially, the fullscreen appears, but when switching to another album/song, without stopping the current playback first, no switch to full screen is made.
Is this by design maybe?
(2019-04-04, 16:36)eljejer Wrote: Cannot get ¨go fullscreen on music playback¨ in Settings, Amber Settings, General to work consistently.
When playing an album initially, the fullscreen appears, but when switching to another album/song, without stopping the current playback first, no switch to full screen is made.
Is this by design maybe?
@eljejer , I checked this and think I fixed it.  Please download latest from Git, test, and let me know if it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-04, 12:01)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-04, 07:48)Merwenus Wrote: The last added date on the right side should be placed somewhere else, because it strips down the series name in many cases and I think the name is more important than the date when the last episode was downloaded.

Original

@Merwenus, thanks for your feedback. Do you have your series sorted by added date? When you do, that's when that date appears. Please sort the series by title and let me know if the date is still there. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

Yes, it is sorted by date all the time, that is why the date is not necessary. At least I think when we download an episode we put it in the library, and it is usually maximum a few days old, so at least I think we dont really need a download/copy date next to the series name, because a full name is more important than a copy/download date.
(2019-04-04, 21:37)Merwenus Wrote:
(2019-04-04, 12:01)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-04, 07:48)Merwenus Wrote: The last added date on the right side should be placed somewhere else, because it strips down the series name in many cases and I think the name is more important than the date when the last episode was downloaded.

Original

@Merwenus, thanks for your feedback. Do you have your series sorted by added date? When you do, that's when that date appears. Please sort the series by title and let me know if the date is still there. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  

Yes, it is sorted by date all the time, that is why the date is not necessary. At least I think when we download an episode we put it in the library, and it is usually maximum a few days old, so at least I think we dont really need a download/copy date next to the series name, because a full name is more important than a copy/download date. 
@Merwenus , I understand your use case.  However, that label is used for multiple things, and varies depending on how you sort the info (date added, title, play count, certification, duration, etc.).  For right now, I will not remove it.  I will add to my To-Do for a future date having an option to display this secondary label or not in list views.  It would be an all or nothing thing, meaning either it will always be displayed or never displayed, not just for added date.  

I apologize I could not accommodate your request at this time.

Regards,

Bart
Hi bsoriano. First I want to say again much thanks for all the work you have put into Amber. Much appreciated. This issue seems to have popped up a few updates ago. Sorry I'm not sure exactly after which one. I have noticed what I think is a bug. Using IPTV Simple Client when you hit ok or enter to bring up the I think is called the OSD none of the controls are selectable. So you can't get to the gear icon to go into settings or select any of the buttons. Also using an older version of the skin when you hit info it shows you currently playing and next info from the guide and that is gone as well.  Thanks again for all the work you are doing on this awesome skin!  Blush
(2019-04-05, 03:44)Draega Wrote: Hi bsoriano. First I want to say again much thanks for all the work you have put into Amber. Much appreciated. This issue seems to have popped up a few updates ago. Sorry I'm not sure exactly after which one. I have noticed what I think is a bug. Using IPTV Simple Client when you hit ok or enter to bring up the I think is called the OSD none of the controls are selectable. So you can't get to the gear icon to go into settings or select any of the buttons. Also using an older version of the skin when you hit info it shows you currently playing and next info from the guide and that is gone as well.  Thanks again for all the work you are doing on this awesome skin!  Blush

@Draega, thanks for bringing these to my attention. I will check today. More info to come on this.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-04, 18:25)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-04, 16:36)eljejer Wrote: Cannot get ¨go fullscreen on music playback¨ in Settings, Amber Settings, General to work consistently.
Is this by design maybe?
@eljejer , I checked this and think I fixed it.  Please download latest from Git, test, and let me know if it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
It's fixed yes. Thanks!
(2019-04-05, 03:44)Draega Wrote: Hi bsoriano. First I want to say again much thanks for all the work you have put into Amber. Much appreciated. This issue seems to have popped up a few updates ago. Sorry I'm not sure exactly after which one. I have noticed what I think is a bug. Using IPTV Simple Client when you hit ok or enter to bring up the I think is called the OSD none of the controls are selectable. So you can't get to the gear icon to go into settings or select any of the buttons. Also using an older version of the skin when you hit info it shows you currently playing and next info from the guide and that is gone as well.  Thanks again for all the work you are doing on this awesome skin!  Blush

@Draega , my apologies, the issues were caused by a silly mistake on my part.  They should all now be fixed on Git.  Please download, test, and let me know if there are any more issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

New version on Git.  Main change is the addition of ExtendedInfo integration for movies, tv shows and episodes.  Some notes:
  • There is a new setting in Settings, Amber Settings, Advanced to Enable Extended Info.  Set this to Yes to be able to see Extended Info.
  • In the info dialog for movies, tv shows and episodes, there is a new button "Extended Info" which will provide you extended info.
  • You can press Enter on any cast member and the skin will provide a dialog allowing you to choose between searching your local library or providing extended info.
  • You can also press Enter on the Director name and the skin will provide a dialog allowing you to choose between searching your local library or providing extended info.
  • When you press Enter on the Writer name, you will get extended info, if enabled.

Please download from Git, test, and let me know if you find any issues or whether I missed any Extended Info integration you were hoping to see.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi @bsoriano !

I tried out your latest release from Git and found a few minor problems in parts of Kodi I don't normally look at. None of these are showstoppers.

1. When adding a source to the Music Library, this dialog has buttons that overflow the edges of the dialog:

If you need to know, the SETTINGS button opens this dialog:

2. The currently playing song from the music library is not visible within Album Information. For example, I'm currently playing track 09 here. You can move the selection over to track 09 and it will highlight correctly, but the default view when not highlighted isn't visible:

3. The Quit menu isn't honouring the setting for where the Settings menu should display (Home Menu and Quit Menu / Home Menu Only / Quit Menu Only). It always displays on the Quit menu regardless of choice:

I tracked this down to line 130 in DialogButtonMenu.xml:
xml:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(QuitMenu_Hide_Settings) | [Skin.HasSetting(QuitMenu_Hide_Settings) + Skin.HasSetting(SettingsLocation.Quit)]</visible>

Which should read (and works for me):
xml:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(QuitMenu_Hide_Settings) + [Skin.HasSetting(SettingsLocation.All) | Skin.HasSetting(SettingsLocation.Quit)]</visible>

Cheers!
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5