• 126(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
With version 3.2.97 of Amber, I just noticed a defect in using the PVR with the logos of TV channels in the shelf of TV recordings.
Before, the logo of a TV channel was displayed correctly :

Now, the logo is cropped even when choosing the display in square mode :

@bsoriano can you rectify this in the next update so that the TV channel logos are displayed correctly in the shelf of TV recordings ?

Thanks in advance.
(2020-07-03, 20:45)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have just uploaded versions 3.2.97 (Leia) and 3.3.97 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.

There are just a few changes in this version:

1. Fix for the menu build issue that was reported yesterday.

2. Fixes for Music in Fanart View.  In the info panel, the textbox for album review/artist bio is a little larger now.  Also, made some color corrections to labels on info panel which make the view more consistent with the rest of the skin.  Thank you @zorg2000k and @treboR2Robert for your requests and suggestions.

Artists look like this now:

And albums look like this:

3. The choices for Shelves Position, Shelf Sort Method, Shelf Sort Order and Shelf Item Limit in the menu configuration dialog have been properly localized.  Thank you @Cyberdom for your requests.

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Looks really good !
(2020-07-05, 21:15)Cyberdom Wrote: With version 3.2.97 of Amber, I just noticed a defect in using the PVR with the logos of TV channels in the shelf of TV recordings.

@bsoriano can you rectify this in the next update so that the TV channel logos are displayed correctly in the shelf of TV recordings ?

Thanks in advance.
@Cyberdom, I will fix for the next update. Thanks for reporting this.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-05, 17:20)jimclarke020 Wrote: Hello
Amber is the best. Thanks for maintaining it. I have one problem to report: long titles stop scrolling in title bar when media is playing. They just  keep moving slightly as if hitting an invisible wall. They scroll when media is stopped or paused.
Is there a fix for this?
Regards
Jim

@jimclarke020, thank you for your kind words. Where are you seeing this? Could you please post a screenshot? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-05, 23:10)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-05, 21:15)Cyberdom Wrote: With version 3.2.97 of Amber, I just noticed a defect in using the PVR with the logos of TV channels in the shelf of TV recordings.

Thanks in advance.
@Cyberdom, I will fix for the next update. Thanks for reporting this.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano.

It is especially in the shelf of TV recordings that the logos are cropped.
In the shelf which displays the last watched TV channels, the logos are displayed correctly.
(2020-07-05, 23:11)bsoriano Wrote:
Amber is the best. Thanks for maintaining it. I have one problem to report: long titles stop scrolling in title bar when media is playing. They just  keep moving slightly as if hitting an invisible wall. They scroll when media is stopped or paused.
Is there a fix for this?
Regards
Jim

@jimclarke020, thank you for your kind words. Where are you seeing this? Could you please post a screenshot? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hello Bart

First image shows the media playing. The title is stalled, trying to move. It moves fractionally and goes back to the start constantly.

As you can see on the second image the media is paused and the full title is scrolling fine.

This is the official Radio add-on, but it happens with all media that has a long title.

Hope you can fix this and thanks again

Jim
I was wondering, though this probably isn't related to amber, as now when it's possible to get awards info when scraping movie infos, would it be possible to add more detailed info on which category those oscars have been won and possibly nominations aswell? Cool
(2020-07-06, 13:55)jimclarke020 Wrote:
(2020-07-05, 23:11)bsoriano Wrote:
Is there a fix for this?
Regards
Jim

Regards,

Bart

Hello Bart

First image shows the media playing. The title is stalled, trying to move. It moves fractionally and goes back to the start constantly.

As you can see on the second image the media is paused and the full title is scrolling fine.

This is the official Radio add-on, but it happens with all media that has a long title.

Jim
@jimclarke020 , thanks for the screenshots.  I will fix this in the next update.  It will look slightly different, but the label will scroll (when the name is really long), whether media is playing or paused.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-06, 15:38)G0mez Wrote: I was wondering, though this probably isn't related to amber, as now when it's possible to get awards info when scraping movie infos, would it be possible to add more detailed info on which category those oscars have been won and possibly nominations aswell? Cool

@G0mez , you are correct, this is not related to Amber.  As far as I know, there is no online service which provides that detailed info as part of its API, so there is no way to scrape it.

Regards,

Bart
You've made a great skin. I really love it and it's getting better and better.

Question: Is it possible to make the vertical menubar a bit smaller with the small font? I know there is an option to make the font bigger, but personally I don't like that.
If you don't want that, can you please put me in the right direction to do it myself?
Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance.
@Cyberdom , please test version 3.2.98.  This should be fixed.  Please confirm that it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-06, 17:17)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-07-06, 13:55)jimclarke020 Wrote:
(2020-07-05, 23:11)bsoriano Wrote: @jimclarke020, thank you for your kind words. Where are you seeing this? Could you please post a screenshot? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hello Bart

Jim
@jimclarke020 , thanks for the screenshots.  I will fix this in the next update.  It will look slightly different, but the label will scroll (when the name is really long), whether media is playing or paused.

Regards,

Bart
@jimclarke020 , please test version 3.2.98.  This should be fixed.  Please confirm that it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-09, 07:31)Aaiemron Wrote: You've made a great skin. I really love it and it's getting better and better.

Question: Is it possible to make the vertical menubar a bit smaller with the small font? I know there is an option to make the font bigger, but personally I don't like that.
If you don't want that, can you please put me in the right direction to do it myself?
Thanks in advance
@Aaiemron , thank you for your kind words!

I was not planning on making the menu bar smaller (I imagine you mean narowwer than it is, correct?).  You are very welcome to mod the skin to what you prefer.  Please look in the file Includes_Vertical_Home.xml in the skin's 1080i folder.  There is the include Vertical_Home_Layout, which starts at line 121.  You can change the width of the images which make up the menu (common/ViewMenuHome.png), and the submenu blade (common/ViewMenu.png).

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I uploaded versions 3.2.98 (Leia) and 3.3.98 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The main change is:

Provide artwork options for shelves (widgets).  Now Amber provides the following as artwork options for dynamic shelves:

- Poster
- Square
- Fanart
- Banner
- Thumb (only for episodes)
- Landscape
- ClearArt
- ClearLogo
- CharacterArt
- DiscArt

As you might imagine, not all artwork types are available for all media types.

Some examples:

1. Movies with Banner.  In the following screenshot, you can see a dowble row shelf of movies with Banner as the artwork.  If a movie does not have a banner, Amber will build one using the fanart and the clear logo.  If the movie does not have a clear logo, just the fanart will be used for the banner.

2. Movies with Landscape.  In the following screenshot, you can see a shelf with movies using the landscape artwork type.  If the movie does not have a landscape artwork, AMber will use the fanart as fallback.

3. Movies with ClearArt.  In the next screenshot, you can see a shelf using movies with the Clearart artwork type.  If the movie does not have clearart, Aamber will try to use the clearlogo (as with the movie Irresistible in the screenshot). If there is no clearlogo either, Amber will show the title of the movie as a fallback.

4.  TV Shows using CharacterArt.  In the following screenshot, you can see a shelf with tv shows using Characterart.  If the tv show does not have characterart, Amber will try to use the clearart; if there is no clearart, Amber will try to use the clearlogo; if there is no clearlogo, Amber will show the title of the tv show as fallback.

5. Movies using Disc Art.  In the next screenshot, you can see a shelf with movies using Discart.  If the movie does not have discart, Amber will create one using the poster of the movie.

6. Miscellaneous examples.  Here are a couple of screenshots showing some combinations of artwork types.

Please note that Amber will not download/scrape the different artwork types for your media, you need to have them scraped/loaded into your database, using one of the online scrapers, Artwork Beef and/or a media manager app.

This was a big change, so please test thoroughly and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-10, 00:01)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I uploaded versions 3.2.98 (Leia) and 3.3.98 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The main change is:

Provide artwork options for shelves (widgets).  Now Amber provides the following as artwork options for dynamic shelves:

- Poster
- Square
- Fanart
- Banner
- Thumb (only for episodes)
- Landscape
- ClearArt
- ClearLogo
- CharacterArt
- DiscArt

As you might imagine, not all artwork types are available for all media types.

Some examples:

1. Movies with Banner.  In the following screenshot, you can see a dowble row shelf of movies with Banner as the artwork.  If a movie does not have a banner, Amber will build one using the fanart and the clear logo.  If the movie does not have a clear logo, just the fanart will be used for the banner.

2. Movies with Landscape.  In the following screenshot, you can see a shelf with movies using the landscape artwork type.  If the movie does not have a landscape artwork, AMber will use the fanart as fallback.

3. Movies with ClearArt.  In the next screenshot, you can see a shelf using movies with the Clearart artwork type.  If the movie does not have clearart, Aamber will try to use the clearlogo (as with the movie Irresistible in the screenshot). If there is no clearlogo either, Amber will show the title of the movie as a fallback.

4.  TV Shows using CharacterArt.  In the following screenshot, you can see a shelf with tv shows using Characterart.  If the tv show does not have characterart, Amber will try to use the clearart; if there is no clearart, Amber will try to use the clearlogo; if there is no clearlogo, Amber will show the title of the tv show as fallback.

5. Movies using Disc Art.  In the next screenshot, you can see a shelf with movies using Discart.  If the movie does not have discart, Amber will create one using the poster of the movie.

6. Miscellaneous examples.  Here are a couple of screenshots showing some combinations of artwork types.

Please note that Amber will not download/scrape the different artwork types for your media, you need to have them scraped/loaded into your database, using one of the online scrapers, Artwork Beef and/or a media manager app.

This was a big change, so please test thoroughly and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Great update again, many thanks for your time and effort. Fantastic skin
  • 126(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5