• 137(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2020-10-26, 01:19)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , thanks for reporting this! Indeed I had forgotten to upload the changed addon.xml and changelog.txt to GitHub.  I just did.  The rest of the code was updated before, just not those two files.
Thanks Bart. Big Grin
Hi @bsoriano, on a future update to an Amber build (I'm on the Matrix build), could you add icons for 4k/8k. Also if possible 8bit/10bit/12bit icons.
I think there were some aspect ratios missing as well, but I didn't make a note of which ones. I will recheck and list the missing ones. 

Thank you.

System 1: Ryzen 3400G, Gigabyte Mini ITX B450I - LibreELEC 11.x (Kodi 20 [Nexus]) - Skin: Amber (Matrix)
System 2: Khadas VIM3pro - CoreELEC- Skin: Amber (Matrix)

System 3: Ryzen 5700g Gigabyte Mini ITX x570 - LibreElec 12.x (Kodi 21 [Omega]) Nightlies - Skin: Aeon-Nox: Silvo (Omega)
Is the repo for Matrix supposed to be working?

If not, can someone direct me to where an Matrix Alpha 2 Amber skin might be hiding?
(2020-10-26, 10:08)Litcube Wrote: Is the repo for Matrix supposed to be working?

If not, can someone direct me to where an Matrix Alpha 2 Amber skin might be hiding?

@Litcube, yes, the repo for Matrix should work. It is a few versions behind Leia, though. I will be working this week on updating the Matrix version.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-10-26, 03:35)TheRealDeadMan Wrote: Hi @bsoriano, on a future update to an Amber build (I'm on the Matrix build), could you add icons for 4k/8k. Also if possible 8bit/10bit/12bit icons.
I think there were some aspect ratios missing as well, but I didn't make a note of which ones. I will recheck and list the missing ones. 

Thank you.

@TheRealDeadMan, there is already a 4K icon. I did not design any of the icons, and I am not any good at design. I will see if I can get some help with designing an 8K icon.

As for the 8, 10 and 12 bit icons, is Kodi Matrix detecting video bit depth automatically now? If not, the only way I know for displaying those would be for the bit depth to be part of the name of the file. I would need to account for this in the Amber code. Would that be acceptable to you? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-10-26, 12:57)bsoriano Wrote: @TheRealDeadMan, there is already a 4K icon. I did not design any of the icons, and I am not any good at design. I will see if I can get some help with designing an 8K icon.

As for the 8, 10 and 12 bit icons, is Kodi Matrix detecting video bit depth automatically now? If not, the only way I know for displaying those would be for the bit depth to be part of the name of the file. I would need to account for this in the Amber code. Would that be acceptable to you? Please let me know. Thanks.
Ok, the screen shot above is a 10bit/4K episode - although the aspect is 1.33:1. I will check it on my VIM3 to see what it displays and report back.

Edit: So checked some other files on my VIM3 and Linux machines. 4k/1.33 screens do not show the 4K icons - but "regular" 4K movies the icon does show up on both. I am guessing this isn't an issue with Amber, but with either the FFMpeg decoder or Android decoder (tested both decoders on the VIM3) - or how Kodi detects what should be a 4K screen size.

With all the HDR detection stuff that has been added over the last year or more, I would assume it can detect now. Someone with much more knowledge on that part would have to give a definitive answer though.
I see in the Aeon MQ forum, someone added a way to detect various formats by proper file naming. (Aeon MQ forum post). 

Thank you Smile
System 1: Ryzen 3400G, Gigabyte Mini ITX B450I - LibreELEC 11.x (Kodi 20 [Nexus]) - Skin: Amber (Matrix)
System 2: Khadas VIM3pro - CoreELEC- Skin: Amber (Matrix)

System 3: Ryzen 5700g Gigabyte Mini ITX x570 - LibreElec 12.x (Kodi 21 [Omega]) Nightlies - Skin: Aeon-Nox: Silvo (Omega)
(2020-10-26, 16:40)TheRealDeadMan Wrote:
(2020-10-26, 12:57)bsoriano Wrote: @TheRealDeadMan, there is already a 4K icon. I did not design any of the icons, and I am not any good at design. I will see if I can get some help with designing an 8K icon.

Ok, the screen shot above is a 10bit/4K episode - although the aspect is 1.33:1. I will check it on my VIM3 to see what it displays and report back.

Edit: So checked some other files on my VIM3 and Linux machines. 4k/1.33 screens do not show the 4K icons - but "regular" 4K movies the icon does show up on both. I am guessing this isn't an issue with Amber, but with either the FFMpeg decoder or Android decoder (tested both decoders on the VIM3) - or how Kodi detects what should be a 4K screen size.

With all the HDR detection stuff that has been added over the last year or more, I would assume it can detect now. Someone with much more knowledge on that part would have to give a definitive answer though.
I see in the Aeon MQ forum, someone added a way to detect various formats by proper file naming. (Aeon MQ forum post). 

Thank you Smile
@TheRealDeadMan , I was looking and it seems that having code to detect proper file naming is indeed the only way to have bit depth and hdr flags to show up.  I will add the code to Amber, but I am still waiting to see if I can get some help in creating new flags that match the rest of the other flags.  If (or when, hopefully) I get some help with that, then I will update the skin to support this.

Regards,

Bart
Hi - my first post so can I start by saying "thank you" for this skin.   I've found a few niggles with it and am checking as much as I can to try to find out if they are bugs or simply "that's the way Kodi works" but there is one which I thought it best to query as it is quite a serious issue for me so I'll risk jumping in now.   When viewing videos (as opposed to Movies or TV Shows) as "Icons", there's no filename showing in the bar at the bottom of the screen.  I checked and the same applies to the default Kodi skin - but it's not really an issue there as they use a much smaller font to label the icons.   The problem is that a lot of my videos have (and need to have) names which are identical for the first part of that name and all I see under the icons in Amber is every file having the same name.   Since these icons are also all related to and use screenshots from a certain piece of software, the icons are indistinguishable.   Is there any way you can show the filename of a selected icon in that huge, empty bar at the bottom of screen - or am I missing something here?
(2020-10-26, 00:47)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have uploaded version 3.2.106 to GitHub (Leia branch) and the Amber repo for Leia.  The main changes are:

2. Fixes for music OSD when seek bar is at the bottom.  I have fixed the overlaps that were present in the music osd when the seek bar is at the bottom.  It should now look like this:

@bsoriano, I just updated 3.2.106 but noticed a bug.

When listening to a song, the player's OSD no longer displays the background color. It's transparent and suddenly, the text is no longer readable.
This problem is similar to the one at the beginning of the month where the background color of the view list was no longer also displayed :
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2980621

Thanks in advance for fixing this problem.
(2020-10-27, 03:26)pengipete Wrote: Hi - my first post so can I start by saying "thank you" for this skin.   I've found a few niggles with it and am checking as much as I can to try to find out if they are bugs or simply "that's the way Kodi works" but there is one which I thought it best to query as it is quite a serious issue for me so I'll risk jumping in now.   When viewing videos (as opposed to Movies or TV Shows) as "Icons", there's no filename showing in the bar at the bottom of the screen.  I checked and the same applies to the default Kodi skin - but it's not really an issue there as they use a much smaller font to label the icons.   The problem is that a lot of my videos have (and need to have) names which are identical for the first part of that name and all I see under the icons in Amber is every file having the same name.   Since these icons are also all related to and use screenshots from a certain piece of software, the icons are indistinguishable.   Is there any way you can show the filename of a selected icon in that huge, empty bar at the bottom of screen - or am I missing something here?
@pengipete , thanks for your feedback.  I can certainly add the filename to be shown in the bottom bar.  Just so that I understand correctly, when you are viewing your videos, the title that appears on the bottom bar is in a font that is too large for your long titles to show, or is it that your videos have no title, so nothing is shown in the bottom bar?

If you look at the following screenshot, what I was thinking to acommodate your use case, is to add an option to show the file name (in a smaller font, in a label that would be almost as wide as the screen) as the second line in the bottom bar, instead of what you see for this example, which is an artist name and a duration.

Or, I could show the file name instead of the title on the first line.  Am I correct in supposing your videos do not have a title, artist, duration, genre or any of those fields?

Please let me know your thoughts.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Please disregards the sdr and 8bit flags, those are part of tests I am doing, and those icons are not mine to use on the skin.
(2020-10-27, 12:35)Cyberdom Wrote:

I have uploaded version 3.2.106 to GitHub (Leia branch) and the Amber repo for Leia.  The main changes are:

2. Fixes for music OSD when seek bar is at the bottom.  I have fixed the overlaps that were present in the music osd when the seek bar is at the bottom.  It should now look like this:

When listening to a song, the player's OSD no longer displays the background color. It's transparent and suddenly, the text is no longer readable.
This problem is similar to the one at the beginning of the month where the background color of the view list was no longer also displayed :

@Cyberdom , thanks for reporting this.  Could you please post a screenshot of the issue? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-10-27, 15:14)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-10-27, 03:26)pengipete Wrote: Hi - my first post so can I start by saying "thank you" for this skin.   I've found a few niggles with it and am checking as much as I can to try to find out if they are bugs or simply "that's the way Kodi works" but there is one which I thought it best to query as it is quite a serious issue for me so I'll risk jumping in now.   When viewing videos (as opposed to Movies or TV Shows) as "Icons", there's no filename showing in the bar at the bottom of the screen.  I checked and the same applies to the default Kodi skin - but it's not really an issue there as they use a much smaller font to label the icons.   The problem is that a lot of my videos have (and need to have) names which are identical for the first part of that name and all I see under the icons in Amber is every file having the same name.   Since these icons are also all related to and use screenshots from a certain piece of software, the icons are indistinguishable.   Is there any way you can show the filename of a selected icon in that huge, empty bar at the bottom of screen - or am I missing something here?
@pengipete , thanks for your feedback.  I can certainly add the filename to be shown in the bottom bar.  Just so that I understand correctly, when you are viewing your videos, the title that appears on the bottom bar is in a font that is too large for your long titles to show, or is it that your videos have no title, so nothing is shown in the bottom bar?

If you look at the following screenshot, what I was thinking to acommodate your use case, is to add an option to show the file name (in a smaller font, in a label that would be almost as wide as the screen) as the second line in the bottom bar, instead of what you see for this example, which is an artist name and a duration.

Or, I could show the file name instead of the title on the first line.  Am I correct in supposing your videos do not have a title, artist, duration, genre or any of those fields?

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Please disregards the sdr and 8bit flags, those are part of tests I am doing, and those icons are not mine to use on the skin.

I checked the video files - they have all the information in the metadata fields - checked in Windows properties - as well as their actual filename.   Just tried to post a photo to show you that the bar at the bottom of the screen is only showing duration and flags - no name for the selected video - but all I get is a request for URL soi I can't even post a photo onto this forum.   Thanks for your help anyway - too much like hard work, best I just stick to the default skin.
(2020-10-27, 19:32)pengipete Wrote:
(2020-10-27, 15:14)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

I checked the video files - they have all the information in the metadata fields - checked in Windows properties - as well as their actual filename.   Just tried to post a photo to show you that the bar at the bottom of the screen is only showing duration and flags - no name for the selected video - but all I get is a request for URL soi I can't even post a photo onto this forum.   Thanks for your help anyway - too much like hard work, best I just stick to the default skin.
@pengipete , you can indeed post photos, as imgur albums, to this forum, just like I posted the screenshot.  There is a button with an "i" on the forum command bar as you are writing a post.  This will ask you to browse for the file you want to post.  If you do not have that when you are writing a post, it might be because your account is too new.

If Amber is not showing the title in the bottom bar it is because Kodi does not have it loaded as the "Title" field for that item.  Perhaps also, you are using the Amber version from the Kodi repo, which is really outdated (my bad).  You could, if you like, use the latest version for Kodi Leia by installing the skin's repo for Leia and updating from there (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip).  I can create an option to show the filename instead of the title if you are still interested.  I could have that tomorrow.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-10-27, 15:16)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-10-27, 12:35)Cyberdom Wrote:

@Cyberdom , thanks for reporting this.  Could you please post a screenshot of the issue? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Here is a screenshot where the background color is missing at the bottom of the image.
(2020-10-27, 23:00)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-10-27, 15:16)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-10-27, 12:35)Cyberdom Wrote: @bsoriano, I just updated 3.2.106 but noticed a bug.

Regards,

Bart
Here is a screenshot where the background color is missing at the bottom of the image.
@Cyberdom , thanks for the screenshot.  I found the issue and the fix will be included in the next skin update.

Regards,

Bart
  • 137(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5