• 16(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2019-04-14, 04:24)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 01:31)drizzt09 Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 00:03)bsoriano Wrote: @drizzt09 , it is now fixed on Git.  Please download, test, and let me know if you find any more issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Question. Is this going to wipe out current settings? I customize my includes.xml file for sub menus   
@drizzt09 , @shedrock is correct if you download the very latest version from Git, as I did modify includes.xml.  However, the commit to just fix the navigation error you pointed out only modifies skinsettings.xml.

Regards,

Bart  
ok, i have replaced the single file. I have not tested yet (different floor of the house today). I did have an error yesterday that i did not have time to gather info and report. I grabbed the logs today for you. Doesnt look like its an issue with your skin but with something your skin uses. Happens when returning to home screen of Kodi (doesnt happen on default skin or the fTV skin i also tried):
2019-04-13 16:39:03.435 T:29677  NOTICE: Skin Helper Widgets --> Backgroundservice started
2019-04-13 16:39:03.475 T:29676   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: cannot import name extend_dict
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/service.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.main_service import MainService
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/main_service.py", line 13, in <module>
                                                from listitem_monitor import ListItemMonitor
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/listitem_monitor.py", line 13, in <module>
                                                from metadatautils import extend_dict, process_method_on_list
                                            ImportError: cannot import name extend_dict
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2019-04-14, 16:39)drizzt09 Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 04:24)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 01:31)drizzt09 Wrote: Question. Is this going to wipe out current settings? I customize my includes.xml file for sub menus   
@drizzt09 , @shedrock is correct if you download the very latest version from Git, as I did modify includes.xml.  However, the commit to just fix the navigation error you pointed out only modifies skinsettings.xml.

Regards,

Bart   
ok, i have replaced the single file. I have not tested yet (different floor of the house today). I did have an error yesterday that i did not have time to gather info and report. I grabbed the logs today for you. Doesnt look like its an issue with your skin but with something your skin uses. Happens when returning to home screen of Kodi (doesnt happen on default skin or the fTV skin i also tried):
2019-04-13 16:39:03.435 T:29677  NOTICE: Skin Helper Widgets --> Backgroundservice started
2019-04-13 16:39:03.475 T:29676   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/service.py", line 10, in <module>
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/main_service.py", line 13, in <module>
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/listitem_monitor.py", line 13, in <module>

@drizzt09 , that appears to be an error with script.skin.helper.service.  What version of that addon do you have? Could you please make sure that you have the version from the Kodi repo? That addon is not being maintained well at the moment, but the version from the Kodi repo works without issues with Amber, at least for me.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

Updated version on Git.  The main change is that I skinned the Up Next windows.  service.upnext is the addon that replaces Next Up Notifications.  You can install service.upnext from the Kodi repo.  You can look in Settings, Amber Settings, Manage Dependencies, and install from there.

Once you install it, you cannot disable the notifications from Amber Settings, you have to go into the addon settings and do it from there.

One note is that the integration of Up Next  with the Netflix plugin is not working right now.

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-14, 18:39)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 16:39)drizzt09 Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 04:24)bsoriano Wrote: @drizzt09 , @shedrock is correct if you download the very latest version from Git, as I did modify includes.xml.  However, the commit to just fix the navigation error you pointed out only modifies skinsettings.xml.

Regards,

Bart   

@drizzt09 , that appears to be an error with script.skin.helper.service.  What version of that addon do you have? Could you please make sure that you have the version from the Kodi repo? That addon is not being maintained well at the moment, but the version from the Kodi repo works without issues with Amber, at least for me.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I have 1.0.22 from official Kodi repo.
I even turned everything off in it but still gets the error. Tried disabling it but says I can't because Amber is using it.
(2019-04-14, 18:56)drizzt09 Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 18:39)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 16:39)drizzt09 Wrote: ok, i have replaced the single file. I have not tested yet (different floor of the house today). I did have an error yesterday that i did not have time to gather info and report. I grabbed the logs today for you. Doesnt look like its an issue with your skin but with something your skin uses. Happens when returning to home screen of Kodi (doesnt happen on default skin or the fTV skin i also tried):

Regards,

Bart
I even turned everything off in it but still gets the error. Tried disabling it but says I can't because Amber is using it.

I am not sure if it is because you are using Android, but the version from the Kodi repo that I see is 1.1.3, so it looks like you are using an old version. What version of Kodi are you running?
(2019-04-14, 19:27)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 18:56)drizzt09 Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 18:39)bsoriano Wrote: @drizzt09 , that appears to be an error with script.skin.helper.service.  What version of that addon do you have? Could you please make sure that you have the version from the Kodi repo? That addon is not being maintained well at the moment, but the version from the Kodi repo works without issues with Amber, at least for me.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

I am not sure if it is because you are using Android, but the version from the Kodi repo that I see is 1.1.3, so it looks like you are using an old version. What version of Kodi are you running?
18.1 latest 32bit version from kodi.tv

BTW. The update for the background images worked. Thanks.
(2019-04-14, 19:39)drizzt09 Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 19:27)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 18:56)drizzt09 Wrote: I have 1.0.22 from official Kodi repo.

18.1 latest 32bit version from kodi.tv

BTW. The update for the background images worked. Thanks.

@drizzt09, if you try to update skin helper service (you can find it in Context Add-ons in the addon browser), what version does it say it has in the Kodi repo?
Amber is now available from the official Kodi repository from within Kodi! Also on the website: https://kodi.tv/addon/skins/amber-0

Thanks very much @bsoriano for your dedicated work on this!
@bsoriano - Indeed many thanks, and enjoy your new Skilled Skinner status. Well deserved Smile

You should also now have moderator permissions on this board section as part of that, although if you're not comfortable in doing stuff (or need any pointers) give me a shout or PM and I can help too there.

One thing I have noticed in the skin (which confused my kids) is the add-ons menu option has dropped from the first item to almost last (just before quit). I think it's more natural where it was at the beginning of the list, as that's where most other skins have it too.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-04-17, 09:47)DarrenHill Wrote: @bsoriano - Indeed many thanks, and enjoy your new Skilled Skinner status. Well deserved Smile

You should also now have moderator permissions on this board section as part of that, although if you're not comfortable in doing stuff (or need any pointers) give me a shout or PM and I can help too there.

One thing I have noticed in the skin (which confused my kids) is the add-ons menu option has dropped from the first item to almost last (just before quit). I think it's more natural where it was at the beginning of the list, as that's where most other skins have it too.

I noticed this as well as the list menu has squished the link listing over to right again. A small nuisance!
(2019-04-17, 05:27)spudstuff Wrote: Amber is now available from the official Kodi repository from within Kodi! Also on the website: https://kodi.tv/addon/skins/amber-0

Thanks very much @bsoriano for your dedicated work on this!
Thank you @spudstuff ! Smile

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-17, 09:47)DarrenHill Wrote: @bsoriano - Indeed many thanks, and enjoy your new Skilled Skinner status. Well deserved Smile

@DarrenHill , thank you so much! You can be sure I will ask you for help.

As for the menu order, I can certainly put addons back to being the first item.  I will let you know when that's done.  

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Addons is back as first item in the menu.  Please download from Git, test, and let me know if you find any additional issues.  Thanks.
(2019-04-17, 14:07)startreksuite Wrote:

I noticed this as well as the list menu has squished the link listing over to right again. A small nuisance! 
@startreksuite , could you please send me a screenshot of the links squished to the right? I didn't touch the list code when I submitted the skin to the Kodi repo, but there might be scenarios I did not consider when I thought I fixed that issue.  Could you also let me know, if that is the case, what addon are you using?  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

The version of Amber that is now on my GitHub repo only has the English language strings in all of their variants.  I will appreciate any one who wants to translate into their preferred language.  If you do translate it, please send me the strings.po file and for what language it is, and I will add to GitHub and later to the Kodi repo version of Amber.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - Awesome news regarding the Amber (Leia) skin being on the official KODI repo.👍

Cheers!

Shedrock
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5