• 173(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2021-03-04, 19:40)NoBiluS Wrote: Another thing, i wanna try the vertical menu with icon list (estuary), but i dont have the icon menu that i show some previous page in yout post.

I probably did not understand the manipulation to be done...

@NoBiluS , the version of Amber in the Kodi repo does not have that functionality yet.  Please install the Amber repo for Matrix (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.2.zip) and update Amber from there.  That should get you version 3.4.13, which has the icon only vertical menu.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-03-04, 22:25)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 17:56)NoBiluS Wrote: @Cyberdom, tu peux me dire ce que sont les noeuds de films ? Je ne comprends pas la traduction ! 
Merci
It seems to me that movies nodes are views for organizing files from the videos menu.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_nodes

But I let @bsoriano give more details on the movies nodes.
@Cyberdom , @NoBiluS , the wiki is the best explanation.  To give you an example from my own system, I created a video node for my 4K movies, and I added the node as a main menu item.  Thus, I have Recently Added, Genres, Years, Studios, Actors, etc. just for my 4K movies in that menu/submenu.  Looks like this:

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-03-04, 18:26)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 14:18)Filmbuff Wrote: Amber keeps getting better for every update, great work @bsoriano!

A suggestion, would it be possible to alter the search results in the skin?
I use global search, only search in local library, and show only local info.

As it looks now.

This is my suggestion.

1 would use the movie poster.
2 would use the movie fanart.
3 would show up the media flags for the selected movie.

Additionally, maybe enable sorting of the search results by year as well as alphabetically.
@Filmbuff , thanks for your kind words Smile

I will see what I can do about your request, since the dialog that is shown for the search results is just the select dialog, which is used everywhere in the skin.  I think that I will be able to manage your requests, except for the sorting of the results, since Kodi manages that.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano sounds great, thanks Smile
(2021-03-04, 23:20)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 22:25)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 17:56)NoBiluS Wrote: @Cyberdom, tu peux me dire ce que sont les noeuds de films ? Je ne comprends pas la traduction ! 
Merci
It seems to me that movies nodes are views for organizing files from the videos menu.

@Cyberdom , @NoBiluS , the wiki is the best explanation.  To give you an example from my own system, I created a video node for my 4K movies, and I added the node as a main menu item.  Thus, I have Recently Added, Genres, Years, Studios, Actors, etc. just for my 4K movies in that menu/submenu.  Looks like this:

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for the explanation @bsoriano.

Another topic, I don't know if you read my post about using Amber's backup ?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3017273

I put it back here:
The Kodi Matrix update has been available for a few days.
Before doing this update to switch from Kodi Leia to Kodi Matrix, I have a few questions.

- Can I use a backup of Amber's settings made in Kodi Leia with Amber in Kodi Matrix ?
- Should I uninstall Amber and Amber repository for Kodi Leia before updating to Kodi Matrix ?
- Should I install Amber and Amber repository for Kodi Matrix only after updating to Kodi Matrix ?

Thank you in advance.
(2021-03-04, 14:18)Filmbuff Wrote: Amber keeps getting better for every update, great work @bsoriano!

As it looks now.

This is my suggestion.

Additionally, maybe enable sorting of the search results by year as well as alphabetically.
@Filmbuff , so something like this?

It would show this for episodes:

Please let me know if I am on the right track.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-03-04, 23:55)bsoriano Wrote:

As it looks now.

This is my suggestion.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano Man you're quick Smile
That looks great, even better with the media flags uder the poster, instead of under the search results.
(2021-03-04, 23:36)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 23:20)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 22:25)Cyberdom Wrote: It seems to me that movies nodes are views for organizing files from the videos menu.

Regards,

Bart

I put it back here:
Before doing this update to switch from Kodi Leia to Kodi Matrix, I have a few questions.

- Can I use a backup of Amber's settings made in Kodi Leia with Amber in Kodi Matrix ?
- Should I uninstall Amber and Amber repository for Kodi Leia before updating to Kodi Matrix ?
- Should I install Amber and Amber repository for Kodi Matrix only after updating to Kodi Matrix ?

Thank you in advance.

@Cyberdom, my apologies, I had not seen that post.  A backup of the settings made in Leia should work in Matrix.  I will test that today to let you know exactly what to backup.

You should uninstall Amber and the Amber repo for Leia before upgrading, then upgrade, then install the Amber repo for Matrix, and then install Amber from the Amber repo for Matrix.  Quit Kodi, restore the Backup, and then restart Kodi.

In terms of the backup, these instructions suppose that you backed up the settings manually.  Please give me a few hours and I will let you know exactly what to backup.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-03-05, 00:07)Filmbuff Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 23:55)bsoriano Wrote:

As it looks now.

This is my suggestion.

Regards,

Bart
That looks great, even better with the media flags uder the poster, instead of under the search results.
@Filmbuff , I am glad you like it.  The changes are already on GitHub.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hello. Is it possible to select the top row of widgets first instead of the bottom one? I think it makes more sense to go from top to bottom. I have 3 widget rows per menu item
(2021-03-06, 11:34)Aaiemron Wrote: Hello. Is it possible to select the top row of widgets first instead of the bottom one? I think it makes more sense to go from top to bottom. I have 3 widget rows per menu item
@Aaiemron, no, unfortunately it is not.  I am not planning on changing the widget navigation code at this time.  The widget code is complex (for me) and tough to modify.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-03-06, 12:31)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-06, 11:34)Aaiemron Wrote: Hello. Is it possible to select the top row of widgets first instead of the bottom one? I think it makes more sense to go from top to bottom. I have 3 widget rows per menu item
@Aaiemron, no, unfortunately it is not.  I am not planning on changing the widget navigation code at this time.  The widget code is complex (for me) and tough to modify.

Regards,

Bart
Oke, no problem. Thanks for your answer.
Hello all,

Just a heads up, now that Kodi Matrix is out, I will concentrate my development efforts on Matrix.  This means that any new functionality will be done primarily for Matrix.  I will continue to support Leia, but it will mainly be for bug fixes.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-03-05, 23:04)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-05, 00:07)Filmbuff Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 23:55)bsoriano Wrote: @Filmbuff , so something like this?

Regards,

Bart
@Filmbuff , I am glad you like it.  The changes are already on GitHub.

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano  Tested, works beautifully, thank you Smile
(2021-03-06, 14:18)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

Just a heads up, now that Kodi Matrix is out, I will concentrate my development efforts on Matrix.  This means that any new functionality will be done primarily for Matrix.  I will continue to support Leia, but it will mainly be for bug fixes.

Regards,

Bart
OK, it's noted.

(2021-03-05, 12:42)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 23:36)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2021-03-04, 23:20)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom , @NoBiluS , the wiki is the best explanation.  To give you an example from my own system, I created a video node for my 4K movies, and I added the node as a main menu item.  Thus, I have Recently Added, Genres, Years, Studios, Actors, etc. just for my 4K movies in that menu/submenu.  Looks like this:

Regards,

Bart

I put it back here:

Thank you in advance.

@Cyberdom, my apologies, I had not seen that post.  A backup of the settings made in Leia should work in Matrix.  I will test that today to let you know exactly what to backup.

You should uninstall Amber and the Amber repo for Leia before upgrading, then upgrade, then install the Amber repo for Matrix, and then install Amber from the Amber repo for Matrix.  Quit Kodi, restore the Backup, and then restart Kodi.

In terms of the backup, these instructions suppose that you backed up the settings manually.  Please give me a few hours and I will let you know exactly what to backup.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano while waiting for more detailed explanations.

But why should I quit Kodi Matrix before restoring Amber backup made in Kodi Leia ?
Can't I just use Amber Backup Tool to restore Amber backup without having to quit Kodi ?
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

In Tall List view, I am almost 100% sure I used to be able to see the episode thumb. Did something change? or am I not doing something right again? Rofl

Regards,

Shedrock
  • 173(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5